A Harvest Moon

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Indigo Moon
Regular
Regular

A Harvest Moon

Post by Indigo Moon »

It was dark, and the glade was silent besides the croaking of katydids and crickets. The lake rippled under a brilliant harvest moon, a fine sheet of gold laid out to welcome guests. The grass waved in a cold breeze, whipping this way and that in an effort to remain stationary.

If it wasn't so cold, the mare at the top of the hill might have enjoyed it.

She loved autumn - her favorite season - but at times like these it almost seemed that frost littered the ground and crackled beneath her hooves. Much too cold for an October night.

She folded in her vestigal brown wings and shook before settling down in a patch of deep grass, watching the moon and the lake continue their trivial games.

And when all the world came back,
And the light crept up between the shutters,
And you heard the sparrows in the gutters,
You had such a vision of the street
As the street hardly understands.
- T.S. Eliot

Evil is plotting your death. Cold is not caring you died.

Kyra
Elder
Elder

Re: A Harvest Moon

Post by Kyra »

The red and white stallion had been wandering through the forest, he was so board. Ever since the new arrival of Kyra's newest bonded, well she was off right now with him and Peace. He snorted in disgust the stallion seemed to act like everyone friend and Dart was not buying it for a second. The new comer was.... Dart did not have a word for it. He flicked his electric blue tail in irritation. The stallion knew he had to fin something to do, or he would go nuts. The cold of the night didn't even faze him, his mind was on how to teach Skid a lesson. Show him his place is the bonded family.

He walked out of the burst and into the meadow where he spotted another serian. Looks like I will not be board for long. He trotted silently up behind the mare. He stopped a few feet from behind her. "What are you doing!" he said in a sly tone of voice. His ruby eyes were alive with now having something to do.

I need a new image holder...lol

Indigo Moon
Regular
Regular

Post by Indigo Moon »

A clamor of hooves disrupted the young mare, and she looked behind her to see a stallion that vaguely resembled a candy cane coming towards her.

She flicked her feathered tail and turned back to the lake.

"Watching," she answered, her voice thick like honey. "And waiting."
- T.S. Eliot

Kyra
Elder
Elder

Post by Kyra »

He cocked his head to one side and stared at her for moment in confusion. Then he shook his bright blue mane and moved until he stood beside her. He looked down at the brown mare, "Watching what? The water? Waiting for what, Christmas?" he said in a teasing tone. What kind of mare had he pumped into, in any case this looked like it would be interesting.

Indigo Moon
Regular
Regular

Post by Indigo Moon »

She looked up and narrowed her eyes at him, assessing him slowly. He seemed goofy, but in a harmless way.

She gestured next to her with a wave of her head. "Come sit, and I'll tell you a story."

But first, she needed to know. "What's your name?"
- T.S. Eliot

Kyra
Elder
Elder

Post by Kyra »

He looked her over, "Sure thing browny, what ever you want." He moved a step closer, but was not about to sit down just yet. "Is this going to be a life story? I don't want to be put to be put to sleep anytime soon," he said. Then as if he had forgot, "I am Dart! Don't forget it!" he said in his smartly voice.