Picnic Promises

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Kyra
Elder
Elder

Re: Picnic Promises

Post by Kyra »

Amber galloped around the bend and slowed to a halt. Here eyes on the lime green stallion, she did not reorganize him. Here sunlit eyes turned to the girl who looked like she may be the middle of a water war with the stallion, probably he was her bonded. She looked the red-browned haired girl, she didn't think she knew her. Though she figured Kyra would and would wait for her bonded and her bond family to catch up. She stood watching the two, her electric blue mane, tail and forelock flowing out in front of her in a slow waves. She was down wind so the stallion would soon pick up her scent. She would say hello but felt, she should wait for the rest of her family.

The red and white stallion had watched his firey black bond sister, well from his point of view, take off. He watched and a little plan formed in his mind. He looked over at Peace and Crash who were having a small conversation about her two little sea brats, as he called them, Dove and Pointer. What a pain they were, sea darts for of energy. So, seeing they were distracted and so where his bonded and the other two, he moved into a slight gallop, jumped the stream and carried on after Amber. He could make out her blue mane through the trees right before he turned the bend and poured on speed. He spread his wings and zipped around the bend nudged Amber.

Amber nearly jumped out of her skin, she knew only one of her bonded-brother was skilled at silent speed attacks. She was about to crane her neck around to glare at the, over sized colt, but instead she felt his nuzzle on her cheek preventing her from doing so. She rolled her eyes, and was about to side step when the idiot moved back. She relaxed, 'What next?'she thought thinking that that was it.

Dart smiled mischievously at her reaction, sure no sound but the fact her sided didn't move in and out for a second told him he had gotten her good. Also, went his muzzle was against her cheek he felt her try to push him away, again that was fun. So now to surprise her as well as the girl and the lime stallion. Sure, shed try to kill him later, but it would be well worth it. He lowered his head and shoved her with all his might.

Amber was thrown off balance by the new attack and had to knee down to get it back, but only to be bumped again, she pinned her ears, 'Ok, there is only so much I will take. I have tried ignoring him, hoping to spoil his fun, but that not working!' she thought annoyed. In the end he pushed to the point of her knees where on the ground. Then the final hit came, he was relentless not giving her a change to even try and move. So now she was on her side, with the idiot standing over her and nipping her main. "Get off me you stupid over sized colt!" she yelled at him now clearly angered and very annoyed.

He smiled down and ignored her name calling, and nipped at her main, "How about nope. I got you good sister and now you are stuck.

Amber sighed and rolled her eyes, he was right she was stuck on her side and he had placed himself so that she she could not try to roll either way to stand up. 'Great, I get to meet the two playing with water when I am stuck on the ground by the Idiot!' she thought wearily.

Father pack the other were still making their way, Crash looked up and watch the cany cane stallion take off up the stream. He would have followed by Peace was still freaked out by the red stallion's weird behavior. So, instead he hoped Amber would here him coming, which he figured he she would, thought he forgot to enter the fact of the waterfall noise.

Peace felt much better when Dart was gone and was glad Crash was at her side. She was very confused at to what he was up to and didn't want to be the center of another attack prank.

Kyra was still mounted on the black stallion and talking with him and Silverflash as they followed behind Crash and Peace. Kyra was laughed at something the silver mare said and Skid just shook his head.

Kyra
Amber
Peace
Crash
Dart
Silverflash
Skid
Phantom
Last edited by Kyra on Fri May 15, 2009 7:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
I need a new image holder...lol

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

It was, of course, Sign who first registered the shift in the waterfall's sound. Faint splashes proved to be the defining telltale as to what was happening, yet she could hear the way the currents were disrupted by having a creature stand in the stream as well.

"What could have caught your mind and so distracted you from chewing, sweet Sign?"

Blinking, the sea mare looked about and blushed as she realized she had been sitting with a full mouth for the passed minute or so. Her ears were kept forward, however, and when she swallowed a hearty, tinkling laugh burst from her, earning a proud smile from the small ferret before her.

How she has grown in her own right, Songhue thought as her eyes laughed along with her bonded. She was so proud of her, of all of them, for having the strength and courage to allow themselves to grow and develop.

"There is company, in the falls," Sign reported once her giggles had begun to taper. They cut off entirely when Sparkle and Path tensed at the news, shooting their heads up to listen.

"Peace," Songhue murmured, drawing their eyes as she climbed up to nestle in Sparkle's mane. "There is no danger here, not in these lands. You need not flee, my loves."

Snorting, Path shook her mane and climbed to her feet, leading the three of them out to greet whoever it was that had happened upon them. Something off to the left caught her eye and she froze mid-step, ripping her eyes from the two figures half hidden by the mist of the falls.

"Sparkle, give me Songhue. Now."

Frowning, the stallion stepped forward, allowing the ferret to hop from mane to mane as he turned his gaze to follow Path's. The sight of his mate pinned and humiliated brought an instant reaction as his ears flattened against his skull and his teeth flashed.

"He is overly confident in what those ugly little stub wings are capable of. Come to think of it, the child is overly confident in general."

Snorting, he shook out his mane as his flank trembled in anger, neck stretched forward as he resisted the urge to charge recklessly. He heard his bonded whisper through his mind as he slipped off to the side, moving silently. He was made for thick forest and open sunlight - he could be silent in almost any terrain, as if he were naught but a ghost.

Don't lose your head, dear heart. Protect your mate as you see fit - but try not to break any of his bones.

Songhue recieved a vague sensation of acknowledgment as he moved closer. The stallion's balance was precarious at best because of his potion over Amber, so Sparkle thought it should be easy to send him flying. Especially with a well aimed kick towards the stomach and lower ribs.

It was best not to underestimate him, though. He would watch and move closer before striking.

Snorting, Path watched her bond mate disappear and turned back towards the falls, as did Sign. Sparkle was able to handle his own.

None in the group would be particularly sorry to see the red and white stallion suffer from a shattered rib and so none spared the moment a second thought.

"Greetings, wanderers, how fairs thee this fine day?"

"Vineda! What a blessing to happen upon your lovely visage yet again, and when a picnic is under way no less!"

"I've not seen you before, sir stallion. Would you care to share our feast or should I show you what a real splash is?"

Path's tail ring glinted merrily at the playful tone of Sign's voice, nickering out a laugh as the sea mare tossed a rogueish wink to the girl in the waters. Songhue chittered in amusement as well - a playful Sign was quite the sight.

Stretching, the little ferret leaped from between Path's shoulders, shifting to fae in mid-air and landing in a cat-like crouch. Her face was calm, but her eyes danced merrily as she opened her arms to welcome the pair before her.

"Aye, should you wish you are more than welcome to enjoy our sustinence, or if it is preferred we can dance under the falls by the sparkling light of the mist before the feast is finished. Yon sweet fruits and herbs shall wait readily enough, for such merriment."

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

Shamrock knew better than to believe Vineda was taking her splashing so easily, and was suspicious that she might be pulling a few tricks out of her sleeve. Just as he spotted the bit of water floating towards him out of the corner of his eye, two new scents reached his sensitive nose from upwind and he snapped to attention mid-prance. He scanned his surroundings quickly, and after a minute he spotted the black mare pinned down by a red and white stallion. He watched the struggle with muscles tensed as though ready to charge.

Vineda saw the lime stallion abruptly tense and stand very still, and she followed his gaze to the waterfall. She spotted the two serians, neither of which she recognized, and took in a sharp breath. She’d never seen any serians fight before – sparring with others, yes, but this was just plain mean! Her imaginary bowl disappeared and water splashed to the ground a foot or so from her victim.

Her brain had just begun to scramble to find some way to help when she heard a greeting called out. Tearing her eyes from the scene by the waterfall, she saw the familiar figure of the bright sunmare Path, as well as another blue hued serian and a ferret. Just guessing, she thought this might be Sign. She also had a good idea of who this ferret was, and she grinned at the thought of her friend in this mischievous little shape. And a short ways away, she just saw a glimpse of a twilight stallion before he disappeared from sight – headed towards the two other serians.

By the time she looked back from the retreating Sparkle, Songhue stood in her fae form before her. She sighed with relief that her friends were aware of the scuffle and were apparently already doing something to help. A smile lit her face and her eyes danced as she addressed her new company, “Well met, dear friends! Tis a beautiful day! And is this the famous Sign at last? I would like all of you to meet my newly bonded.” She fairly glowed with pride as turned to her stallion, giving him an encouraging smile and allowing him to make his own introductions.

Shamrock was not nearly so rattled as she tended to be, meeting new people. He stepped forward and dipped his muzzle gracefully. “I am Shamrock, and most glad am I to meet you this day. Forgive me, but might I inquire after the serians up there?” The still tense stallion shot a look that was both serious and playful to Sign. “I believe someone else just might be better served to learn what a real splash is…” He nodded curtly towards the black mare and the candy-cane stallion up the bank, still worried.
And I don't know how To slow it down Oh, my mind's racing From chasing pirates.

Kyra
Elder
Elder

Post by Kyra »

Amber's ebony ears swiveled around and caught the faintest sound of voice, but who she could not make, nor tried. She was dying out of embarrassment here, she hated this and really hopped no one noticed until she could zing the colt flying. She craned her neck around and her sun robs glowed with daggers at the red stallion.

He had only now caught the voices on the wind and looked ahead to make out two serians and two bondeds. He sighed, "Games up" he said in his polite voice only usually used around Kyra, but he seemed to using it a lot today. With a final nip to Amber's neck, he switched his weight forward and then pressed off the ground. He pushed with with enough force for him to back up and bring his front body over to the other side of the mare. Releasing her from his little game.

Amber rolled her orbs again at feeling his teeth on her neck, but was surprised to see him move back out the corner of her eye. She craned her neck back, a complete shocked and bewildered expression written across her whole face. She had no idea, what he was doing but she wasn't going to stay on the ground any longer with her opening there. She quickly rolled to her feet and stood up, but her back leg leg caught something and she heard a thud beside her. She turned to see Dart on the ground laughing. Amber turned around to face him, still very confused.

Dart Was laughing hard, sure he moved away from her, but his front right leg was in the way of her using her left back leg to stand up. He was not prepared for his leg being pulled sideways and lost his balance. Now looking at his bond sister, the whole game was worth it. Her face was priceless.

Peace and Dart had just come around the bend and took in the scene. Both shook their head believing that Amber had stopped Dart's foolish attempts at a playful attack. The purple stallion sighed and shook purple head. He then looked past his bond sister and bond brother and spotted Songhue, and the water mare, Sign and also two others he had not seen yet. He stopped and would wait for the rest of his family to catch up and then they could all go over and meet friends and meet new ones.

Peace tipped her heard sideways as she came around the bend, but from where she was Amber blocked her view of the others beyond her. Her magenta eyes confused, but she couldn't help but laugh with Dart. He looked suck a foal there laughing on the ground. Sure, she was still mad with him, but their where bond siblings. She also laughed at her black bonded sister's expression. A millions scenarios popping into her head at what Dart had attempted and failed, never once actually guessing the right one.
Last edited by Kyra on Fri May 15, 2009 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
I need a new image holder...lol

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Sparkle bared his teeth in distaste as the offensive stallion laughed on the ground and others approached. His skin still crawled in anger, yet he knew the moment had passed.

Stepping silently, he broke his cover and stepped into the group, keeping his ears pinned flat as he headed straight for the mare he had fallen for. Rather she knew it or not he would have gladly given himself for her safety. She was his world, his rock. His mate.

The shadow-hued stallion offered a sweetly playful grin as he gazed at her hide, softly blowing into her shot mane once he reached her side. His ears remained flat, however, and his eyes hard. He was far from pleased.

"It's about time I got my favorite play mate back. Are you or your bondmates hungry, or do I get to chase you around?"

Smiling, Sparkle moved to nuzzle into her neck, nodding politely to the others behind her. His gaze passed right over Dart as he did, excluding him.

Path tilted an ear as the sound of hooves reached her, followed by the faint sound of her bondmate's voice. Dipping her head slightly, she let her nose hover near Songhue's shoulder, smiling as the fae reached back without looking to caress the mare's nose.

"I am, indeed, the one called Sign, and you are apparently she that answers to Vineda. It seems that the name precedes the face for the both of us."

"Ever do you catch my tongue, sweet Sign. Such a mimic you are, as the seas roll with that which surrounds them and takes the shape of land's end."

"Have you traveled far, sir Shamrock? You have a certain exotic air about you and your bonded is quite the gem as well, if I may say."

"I would that I show that stallion far more than a splash for harming one in my circle," Sign snorted, keeping her back to the pair. She flicked her ears back a moment and arched her neck as she spoke, looking the very picture of a protective mother as she pawed the ground. "But 'tis of no worry," she nickered with a faint grin, "Our own stallion is fiercely protective of his mare."

"Would you care for help in drying yourselves, my friends, or shall we simply join you?"

"Nuh-uh, missy, you know better than that. You can sit aside with Path."

"No offense, of course, lady Vineda, as I would be glad to join you. I have a.. Ah, a fear of deep water."

"Come now Sign, you know things have improved."

"Shamrock, tell me, would you allow your bonded to go leaping through water with an injured limb? Bad enough she walks entire galaxies..."

Path smirked as this before winking at the pair in the river and sneaking around beside them, her grin growing wider with each step. Her hooves barely made a sound in the water as she let her tail ripple across the surface.

"Ah, ye stubborn mare, you've started to turn yet more protective ever since you first started carrying.."

"That has nothing to do with this and you know it."

"Wouldn't you-"

Path let out a loud whinny just as Songhue opened her mouth and turned to Vineda, the ringing baratone note mingling with a laugh as she flopped on her side and sent a massive wave towards the two still on dry land. If the call didn't cut off what was about to be said then getting soaked certainly did, for they dripped even more than the sun mare once she stood with another laugh.

Sign and Songhue blinked at one another for a moment before turning back to Path as her laughter echoed in their ears. Breaking into broad grins, they charged forward, the moment forgotten as they hit the river and began kicking up water.

Songhue left the stallion to her bondeds, an echoing, etheral laugh escaping her as Sign ducked her head on the way in, drawing water into her mane and using it to pull up her own miniature falls with mischievously dancing eyes.

"I promised you a real splash, sir Shamrock, did I not?"
Last edited by Songhue on Sat May 02, 2009 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

Shamrock looked around and was relieved to see that the black mare had been let up and was now being watched over by the twilight stallion he hadn’t yet met. He also saw what he thought were many other serians; he had never seen more than a few of them together at once! Vineda sent Sign a shy grin, and Shamrock answered the sunmare’s question, “We have been traveling for a few days, though we’ve wandered much. My bonded and I are both very fond of exploring.” He wuffled into Vineda’s hair and she grinned more widely and leaned into his shoulder, adding her own piece to his answer. “I think we shall the both of us turn into wanderers.”

The lime stallion could do no more than shake his head angrily at the red stallion’s direction, wondering rather nervously if he was to join their group… Vineda laughed at something one of the others had said. “We are nearly dry already as it is, thanks to the sun. It is so warm and bright!” The girl was so glad to finally have her strong sun back now that all traces of winter had melted away. Her eyebrows raised pretty high as Sign told her bonded that she would not be joining in the splashing game, and she threw a glance at her own bonded. He rolled his liquid eye at her in a smirk and she half scowled back at him…

She shook her head slightly after the silent conversation and answered the sumnare in a musical tone, “Oh, never mind that, we shall simply stick to the shallows! If need be, I am quite sure we can get you soaked well enough even should you sit back on the bank!”

Shamrock returned to their silent conversation, voicing it aloud. “I would definitely not want to let Vineda out of my sight were she injured, though I daresay it is safer not to spike her temper with coddling… Better that I might watch her enjoy her fun and keep a close eye for when she knows she has bitten off too much. Tell me, Sign, do you fancy spending your evenings being scolded for overprotection and even returned the favor?” His eyes danced at the mare before he turned them on a slightly reddened Vineda, mockingly reproaching her for her grudge against his protectiveness.

Vineda's meek embarrassment turned to disbelief, and as Shamrock acted like a protective older brother she in turn responded as a fed-up sister. Her indignant tone certainly converyed that the argument was repeated often enough. "Well, now, that's fair ridiculous! Were I to follow your preferred venue, I would simply be carted around on your back and barricaded inside my own vale. With no fun to be had at all! Why, you'd think I never got along without you!"Her stallion's eyes gleamed as he shook his head stubbornly and got ready to agrue his point, but Songhue began speaking and he settled for rolling his eye and quieting with a whuff, bumping his bonded's arm almost roughly with his nose.

The girl listened to Songhue’s gentle voice, and her eyes had just begun to widen in realization at her words as a massive wave of water rushed at her from behind. All was swirling water sparkling in the sun-filled air for but a moment, and then it was all pouring off of the victims in tiny streams. There was a moment of silence, and then all of a sudden all was chaos! Everyone moving quickly, lost in the moment, splashing in every direction, shouting and carrying on and laughing into the clear air.

Vineda joined the war, egging both sides on; sometimes she stood side to side with her stallion to fight off the others and sometimes she turned to him with a gleam in her eye and clobbered him. He had no flowing mane or tail to fill with water, but he managed to spray a fair lot of it in every direction anyhow. Vineda subtly cheated and grew webs between her fingers to help her move more water. She laughed as she noticed that he drenched himself more effectively than Sign even could in order to send water flying in everyone else’s direction. She spun around with arms out in front of her, propelling the water out in a circle before her and grinning at those on the outside.
And I don't know how To slow it down Oh, my mind's racing From chasing pirates.