On Fire (Open to all!)

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Re: On Fire (Open to all!)

Post by Vineda »

OOC| you're fine! =) sometimes when i post it doesn't show up as a new post
o.o
so i figured i'd add an extra one in case. no rush! :]

BIC| He quit rolling around at her first reply and stared. He'd hit something with his easy joke... But then her face changed again and she was all tease. After seeing this new facade he busted out in hearty laughter yet again. He watched her with crinkled eyes as she flicked sand at him, amused and bewildered at the seriousness of her play.

What was there to win? he wondered. He was curious about the story behind all of these faces, but he wasn't sure if he could bring himself to ask her. For one, he was pretty sure it would involve pain on her behalf. For another, he wasn't sure he wanted the drama to intrude.

There was a challenge in her eyes, however, that he couldn't back down from. That told him she was serious. He sat up abruptly, shook off the extra sand. Fools rush in, he reminded himself. First things first. "What game are we talking about here?" He knew he was probably in far over his head with this one, but he began sweeping around her in turn anyway, brushing lightly against her here and there.

His emerald eyes locked onto her ruby ones as he pushed right back, more gently. He saw her as wild and fierce, sure, but she didn't scare him. He watched for her reactions, ready to back off if he needed to. He wished to please, but if she wanted him to fear her... he didn't think he could do it. Intrigues, he grinned to himself.
And I don't know how To slow it down Oh, my mind's racing From chasing pirates.

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

Fear, oh no no no. She didn't want him scared. She wanted him nervous. She had practiced the seductress look on the boys at home, and usually it ended with her winning since they tended to be distracted. This is how she played.

It was a little bit of a dirty plan, but she had never exaclty told him that she was completely innocent either.

"Well, my dear," She continued to circle him, watching him through clearly devious yet alluring crimson eyes, "We could spar, or we could race. Both with rules, of course."

Briefly Saphire wondered if she had problems. The only two things she knew how to do in life. Fight or run. Lately she had been doing a lot more of the latter.

Anyone who knew this mare, and truely knew her, would immediatly be able to see through the little game she was already playing. Yet she found it kind of interesting and amusing all at the same time how he didn't know her, but still rose to her level of playing. She caught the look in his own eyes, addressing the challenge she had laid down.

Time to turn it up a notch, then.

Initially she shivered at his touch. She was no warrior, but she wasn't used to contact that didn't bring pain. Or atleast a threat. Usually everything was laced in bruises and wounds. Not with him though. She smirked for a moment, before deciding on her next move.

The mare quickly whirled around to face him, locking her eyes on his.

"Unless, oh I don't know, you have a game in mind?" She almost purred as she walked by him, momentarily flicking her tail over his back and letting it creep down as she pulled away. She turned her head to flash him a grin. It was his move now. Would he roll the dice or go straight for the bluff?

Or neither? It was nice to know someone she couldn't predict, it was a change in pace from her bonded.

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

OOC| Sorry :P attack of the school craziness!

BIC| He watched her circling, feeling like a mouse with a cat circling, just grinning away, sure of victory. And he couldn't get over how serious she was! She laid out his options smoothly, and he had to double check that he wasn't actually cornered. As he found himself reluctantly breaking eye contact and glancing around, he laughed again. An open laugh, amused at the way she was leading him.

He shook his head at her. "You're trouble lassie, I'll tell ya that!" He tsked a few times, shaking his head slowly as if in disapproval or disappointment. He had no idea why, but he couldn't let himself submit to this.. this... Bullying! That was exactly how he felt this was going, but he'd definitely never been bullied in this way before.

"Well, I'll tell ye, I'm not much sport at sparring. If ye'r looking for a challenge, you'll be sorely disappointed in me. If it came down to a race I could probably beat you, seeing as you been runnin all day an I've not. I'm just out for some good fun. If you druther one way or the other, I'm game for either. Or both." Eyebrows raised at this possibility. He'd always been bad at making decisions; she'd be sure to notice this if she hadn't already. Seemed to him what she needed was a good sparring.

But he was still busy feeling her out, trying to understand - it felt like she was trying to pick a fight. The stallion paused briefly to wonder at what was driving her; why all this challenge?

The steely glint of returned challenge never left his eyes as he watched her reaction to his touch, saw the shiver and the catlike smirk. Her fancy tail move elicited a shiver in return but he battled the movement down, refusing to give in and stiffening slightly instead.

Now he wanted to get that sand off. It wasn't so nice anymore with her picking on him. He brushed by her again, throwing a bit of weight her way and tugging a lock of her mane as he left her side. He made for the water to wash away the abrasive sand. Over his shoulder he answered in thought, "A game, then, eh? Hmmm. I've only played simple games... finding games and tag and dancing..."

He waded slowly into the water, refusing the impulse to look back and keep his eyes on her. If she was to be the cat, he reasoned, then she probably already had something in mind anyhow.

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

A frown accompanied the puffed up cheeks before the air was gently blown out with a sigh. How utterly disappointing. It was like a fish tugging at the line but whenever the hook was reeled in, the bait had vanished. He was biting, but he wasn't. He wanted to play, but he didn't. There was a visible wince when he touched and tugged on her, and a bit of anger bubbled up to the surface of those crimson orbs. It was quickly brushed off though, and she kept telling herself that he hadn't meant anything by it.

A scrutinizing look fell on his back as he walked away to the water, trying to think of what to do. Clearly this wasn't going the way she planned, maybe it was time to cross the finish line?

Or maybe this is why everything always fell apart in the first place. It could be because she always felt the control, the puppet strings, but they were never really hers to feel. The illusion was slipping from her fingers for the first time, and the mild shock glimmered behind the purple forelock.

"...Okay, then no game," She smiled, forcing herself to calm down. Nothing good ever came from being impulsive, "Tell me more about yourself then... Like who's your bonded? How long have you been here, etc, etc."

Then maybe she would help him understand herself a bit more, let him know the origin of the many charades that she played.

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

OOC| *ducks* I know, I know! I did it again! >_< I'll do better!

BIC| However hard she might be to read with her masks, it was easy to see she wasn't pleased as Shamrock walked gazed back from the water's edge. This elicited a furrowed brow, even as another crooked smile ghosted his lips. Oh, he wanted to play. But he was getting the notion this play involved some domination and he very much doubted he would be the one dominating. It just wasn't in his nature.

Perhaps he should just let her go, as go he knew she would. Brows now raised in surprise at both the subject matter and her rather dulled tone. Yep. She would go. And soon, he bet. Refusing to leave her hanging, he answered. "My bonded is called Vineda, though I've not been here long enough yet to see the full circle of seasons. It'll be my first winter. I don't know many of the bondeds in this land, and so most likely am not familiar with yours..."

He kicked at the water a little, making the bubbles dance before the tide pulled them away. Wading in farther, he asked "And you? I had the impression you've been here a long while. Are you a traveler?" He couldn't see her staying put for too long... she seemed the type to be easily bored with the same thing every day. He paced even farther out into the water, up to his chest now and getting colder with depth.

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

ooc| I dont know if you're still interested in continuing this? If not, then no worries! :)

bic| It took no time at all for her to recognize the waiting... It took even less time to figure out what he was waiting for. For her to leave? A sly smirk danced across her lips... She would surprise him, then.

"Vineda...? Sounds familiar.." The name rolled off her tongue as she approached him, only daring to wade into the water as far as her knees before stopping. With an almost weary gaze she eyed him from her position, carefully deciding her next words..

So he was new here, was he? It explains his innocence, his lack of corruption... Althought she tended to forget that not everyone lived their life in anger. Some stories were written with a happy ending...

"I was born and raised here... With my brother. And my bonded is Rainer. A quiet girl. As for being a traveler..? She bit her lip, momentarily showing weakness before slapping on a half hearted smile, "Well I guess it's called travelling when you're searching. So, sure. Why not?

The distance was closed between them with a few short strides, and she paused at his side. Crimson gaze drifted across the horizon as she pondered her next question.. Her slim head turned slightly to study his expression, her own becoming guarded.

"How do you find bliss? If you don't mind me asking. You seem like a happy soul. You have a good heart. Is it ignorance? Do you run from your problems like some? Or possibly beat them back with all your strength?"