Raindrops a Fallin' On My Head...

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Re: Raindrops a Fallin' On My Head...

Post by Vineda »

Eyes closed, Vineda took in the wind with her senses, smelling the freshness and hearing the singsong whispers. A grin lit her face and she opened her eyes, leaning forward to tickle the green stallion's ears gently.

Normally, the praise would've had him shuffling his hooves a bit. Instead he too flared his nostrils and took a moment to feel the wind snatching at his forelock. Green hide twitched, shivering from either cold or excitement. Or perhaps both.

Shamrock solemnly looked back at the fae, but before he could answer he heard Sign. Then all semblance of seriousness was lost. He gave a cocky grin, a prance in place, and an answer. "Thanks..." A moment of apparent thought before he finished, nodding in agreement, "We do."

A scolding look from Vineda did nothing but bolster his spirits, and she didn't bother tsking. Though I've not been along to run it before, I wager Sham frequently races the winds here... Everyone up for a dash?"

Impatient, Sham sidestepped and bobbed his head as he waited for the first hint of a cue.
And I don't know how To slow it down Oh, my mind's racing From chasing pirates.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

That was all the invitation needed for Sign's bonded. No sooner had the words escaped Vineda's lips than she saw Songhue lunge over the cliff and dive straight into the grass, circling around to look up at them all with her toes barely tickling the tips of the plants.

"Make haste, else we lose the strangeling!" Sign laughed, and launched herself off the cliff with her bonded, squealing laughter as he winds rushed around her. "Catch me, dear heart!"

"Strangeling? I am the strangeling to thou as well, now! Oh, thou shall be caught, dear Sign, yet can ye catch this strangeling shifter!"

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

Luckily, as soon as her own words had left her mouth, she'd encircled Sham's neck in her arms and prepared herself for the sudden burst of speed. He took off after the silly girls, running to the edge of the drop. And as he gathered himself to leap down Vineda launched herself into the air, donning her own pair of wings. A second of flitting and surveying, and then she too was off, spriting through the lush tall grass. "A merry chase this shall be! Keep up then, boyo!" she sprinkled these words and laughter back to Shamrock as she zipped past his nose, tugging a tiny strand of his forelock for the briefest of moments before dodging away after Sign and the fae.
Last edited by Vineda on Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Songhue waited just long enough to watch Shamrock land easily in the whirling winds before she spun around in a blink and shot through the grass. The grasses parted easily for her, with her wings beating madly and stirring up a loud, sing-song whistle to mix with the deeply laughing winds around her. Closing her eyes, she felt herself picking up speed as her joy soared endlessly, a squeak of surprise escaping her when she felt her tips brush against the underside of Sign's stomach.

N-Not fair, no tickles!

Laughing, the fae twirled around her bonded, flying upside down over her back before diving back under her neck and glancing back. Catch me, catch me, oh wondrous four-legs! She of sea and he of forest, come chase the spirit of wind and laughter, song and sun. Make haste, for fair Vineda does come upon to pass! She shall bottle thine target, nary a doubt!

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

Open mouthed laughter slowed her as she watched the other pair with their tickling. She stirred up the already waving grasses as she passed, making a path of swirls through them and leaving tinkling laughter behind. She'd slowly shrunk to what she pictured as a fairy's size in her mind, and now she zipped up to Sign. She made a circle around the mare's head before dashing off to Shamrock. Reaching him, she winked before settling down just behind his ears to enjoy the ride. "Go, go, go!" Her chant pushed him on faster, and as he drew within range of the fae, she conjured a little jar. Waving it in the air a little, with a wicked grin on her face, she waited to catch her friend's eye.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Go, go, go!

The cry mixed with the wind, urging all of them faster. It stuck in Songhue's head, making a broad grin break over her face as her toes flicked over the tops of the grass that parted so easily for the Serians.

Go, go, go...

Her wings all but disappeared as Sign picked up on her bonded's mindset, the great mare's legs disappearing in a blur of grass as everyone raced the wind amid the dancing blades. Oh, such freedom!

The fae flickered, became transparent, seemed to disappear for a moment while she sped along, always just a bit slower than Sign and Shamrock. The muscles rippled under her bonded's coat like water, powerful waves that launched her across this green sea, the speed enough to make even her heavy mane fly back in full length.

Slowly, she grew a bit more solid, laughing as she looked from one Serian to another, watching the grace and power as the greenery reached for their legs like adoring fans urging them onward.

Go, go, go...

It was impossible to miss her friend while looking around at these two, the tiny creature with, of all things, a tiny jar in her hands. Her eyes laughed for her at the sight of Vineda's merriment, sparking joy as she raised a questioning brow.

Go, Go, Go