Wandering Hearts (Gypsy and Tribe)

For Serian couples and more intimate RPing.
Willows surround a shaded vale, sheltering all within.
Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Re: Wandering Hearts (Gypsy and Tribe)

Post by Vineda »

There was a twinkle in Gypsy’s eyes as he studied her, watched her features as memory flowed past them. Yes, he would keep after her to learn her tales just as she would know of his own. He was sure there were wondrous things to behold in her mind, her world. He felt like a foal on his Bonded’s christmas celebration. He had her for tonight, and on the morrow he was determined to journey with this illustrious adventurer and to share in the joys and sorrows and trials.

And there she was, curled just as closely around him, and kissing his own neck in return, and oh dear, that spot behind his ear... Warmth and tingles spread through him, overwhelming, consuming. He struggled, put up a valiant fight. The day was creeping onward - where had the time gone? Had their wandering down the beach really stretched on so? It seemed mere moments. That fire he had promised her, he needed to stand, to gather driftwood, to throw a spark... But here she was so warm and soft, and her kisses so sweet.

Teeth just grazed the nape of his neck, threatening to tip him over the edge. A haunting melody behind those words echoed like some distant memory. Such promise, such potential sat before him and he was falling headlong down a sheer drop he’d not even seen before him as a chasm. Never had a he seen the precipice before him as he’d expected he would.

Hurricane had needed an ear, one night, when he was finally ready. He’d witnessed the other stallion’s grief at his loss, had heard Hurricane tell of not knowing what hit him so long ago when he met a dazzling star mare. Gypsy remembered thinking to himself while listening, how can you not see it coming? But the storm stallion was right.

For here he was in awe of the beauty of the creature before him, wanting to give her the world, being peppered by her kisses as he returned the favor. A new light dawned in his heart and with it a new determination. Driftwood could wait. I am yours, my love. He would ask no similar delcaration from her, but he wanted her to know. He could meet a million others, but something told him that none would hold a candle to Her. She could decide to leave him behind and he would not stop her if that was her wish... but he would always he hers.

Throwing caution to the wind, Gypsy drew impossibly closer and kissed her as she commanded.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Time passed unheeded as she lost herself to his touch, the taste and scent and feel of him. None had ever come so far, been so close to her, seemed to fit within her very skin. It was dangerously addicting. Worse yet, she felt it wouldn't do to seek another's touch if he ever deprived her of his own; for no other could be this grand stallion who had dared to woo a lost wanderer.

Night fell in earnest as Tribe gained a whole world of new experiences.

She hadn't told him of her ignorance in such matters; she hadn't thought to, in all honesty, hadn't known to wonder if it would change how he handled her. In the end, that hadn't mattered. He seemed to all but worship her form.

Countless time later she was curled into his side once more, his warmth between her and the chill wind that kissed the ocean before cascading over the both of them. It was always cooler, near the water, and while she normally didn't mind Tribe found herself shivering tonight.

Forgive me for being the hapless maiden to trail after you, she murmured, her thought still a touch slow from the myriad of new experiences he had granted her, for I find I must ask if we have need to find a place for that fire?

She snuggled as she spoke, tucking her nose under his jaw, leaning into his shoulder, unable to get enough of that touch. He had called her his love, and spoken the words as if they held weight; she had noticed, but had also been rendered speechless by the sensation it swelled within her, and then by his touch. Maiden she had, perhaps, once been; she was now no longer so untouched. However old she was, and Tribe was plenty well old enough, she had no memory of laying with someone as she had with Gypsy under this sunset.

It had been perfect. The sunset burned in time with the sensations he brought to her, dazzlingly bright as it flashed off the ocean. This special spot carved from high tides, sandstone arches and sparkling tidepools surrounding them, lit afire from the glory of sunset, would forever be carved in her heart.

The tide had nearly reached where they lay, by now, the late afternoon moon beginning to follow the sun over the horizon. As she released her hold on the water the seas came for them, reaching to join their embrace. They couldn't stay much longer.

I could help to gather the driftwood, sweet love, if you might find a place to light it, she suggested, and a question touched the words as to his preference. It was an offer, no more, and easily countered if he held a better idea.

Even as she spoke the tide creeped closer, and yet she gave absolutely no indication of moving. Being the first to pull away, to help nudge him to his feet, was well and truly beyond her.

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

Whole new facets he’d never spent much time considering were suddenly brilliant with new possibilities, heart alight with new wings. The aching hole in his heart was now overflowing, and he bathed the dusky mare in attentions.

There had been no premonition of how the night would unfold, no need to plan ahead or dwell. Passion had guided them naturally and well and it was a glow in her eyes and a constant happiness that tugged on the corners of her lips that told him she felt equally pleased.

Gypsy was so loathe to let go of her, to release the moment, that he simply didn’t for the longest time. Now night was near full on and the tide threatened to engulf them in a rude awakening. The moment he felt the shiver pass over her body, he felt terrible. Forgive my selfishness darlin, for I’ve not wanted to move from our spot here. Now I’ve gone and let you catch chill. He glanced around at the sand nest they’d ended up in and ruefully chuckled. Were the water not so chill I would think we could do with a rinse.

It is time for a fire, yes. He returned her caress, tender and lingering that he might commit every detail of her to memory. Would you rather stay, or will it help to move a bit? He did not want her to catch any more of a chill. He reached around her to the rumpled scarf that lay forgotten and gave it a quick shake away from her to loose any clinging sand. Draping it over her and tucking end under end so it would not fly away again, he paused oh so close and winked. A final grin lit his features at the sight of her, becoming devilish with his wink. He’d have to convince her to reenact a few things before the night ended. Finally he brought himself to rise before leaning down for an extra nuzzle.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

She stood with him, reaching into his nuzzle, the movement as natural as breathing as she stepped against his chest once more. Sand clung to her in unseemly clumps, but he didn't seem to mind, not truly. The water at this time wouldn't be too kind to someone looking for a dip, but there was still the grass up yonder ways they had originally planned on exploring. It was too dark for her tide pools, now, but heading inland enough to find a soft patch amidst grass and stone would be the best idea.

Which he most certainly knew, without her having to tutor him on how to find a safe place to settle for a night. He was, after all, just as much a wanderer as she was.

I'll help with the wood, she smiled, and her eyes twinkled a little brighter as he winked, looking at her in a way no other had before, a new type of hunger.

Stretching carefully as she cast her gaze down the beach, Tribe discovered a delicious soreness that was wholly new. Well, no great surprise there; the night had been full of discovery.

Touching him once more - would she ever have enough of such a marvelous thing, the ability to touch at will? - she turned towards the encroaching water and whispered in a voice that was nearly a song.

Oceantide, my friend, she murmured with true fondness, show me what I seek, as only you can.

The water rippled, seemed to rush closer, then retreated; some bits of wood landed right in front of them, and still others bobbed and swirled along the shoreline, skipping along small swirls of dunes and tidepools already swallowed.

Tribe smiled, and for a moment she was cast back to the days where the ocean had been her only friend, her only companion. So many places she had defended the waters with a ferocity that none had understood; and still she would always look out for the one thing that had been with her, carrying her from shore to distant shore.

She closed her eyes and listened to the water, the gentle, whispering song, and sighed with a kind of longing even as she shook herself off and started picking her way to the bobbing bits of wood. She couldn't sing, this wandering gypsy mare; her voice was wrong for it. It didn't stop her from trying while she was alone, for she held a deep and abiding adoration for all music, and yet in this she could only truly watch. Tribe would never know the thrill of chasing down that perfect melody, although she could help to discover the right words to fit it.

So she 'sang' the only way she could as she pranced and hopped through the playful waves; a lilt to her voice, a certain timing to her words, the poem without the melody.

I had a thought, dear, however scary
Back on that night - the bugs, and the dirt
While they were digging, if they did bury
Would anyone know, save for the earth?

The lilting rhyme was an old one, something she had dreamed up upon a time where a tribe of pygmies attempted to bury her alive. She had no idea what she'd done to the little beasts to deserve such a thing, and they had quite literally succeeded. Luckily for her, they hadn't thought to bind her; knock her out and toss her in a hole, yes, but she managed to wake up before suffocating.

It took some care to dig her way out and creep away while they slept, and the whole time she didn't have a chance to process what had happened. It didn't hit her in full until she had returned home; her bonded had sat with her, humming a wordless tune, for three whole moons as she waged wars against the nightmares. The only thing that kept them at bay was the touch of her bonded, the sound of her humming, and eventually the words fell into place with the tune.

It was the moment she realized that she needed someone with her. Not for protection from the danger, but to appreciate the experience.

So she murmured and gathered, and for a moment she felt as if she was once again alone, the great weight of sadness beginning to settle over her heart once more.

Until she turned with her load balanced upon her back and saw him there, just up the beach, and the soft seabreeze tickled her neck with the vibrant scarf he had granted her. The relief, the smile, the sheer adoration that he had remained, had granted her even this much of a reprieve; it transformed her.

I love you, Gypsy, she said, and didn't know or care rather the same breeze that played with his scarf would carry her words, My beloved wandering Magpie. I love the heart you've shown me, the handsome grace you move with, the kindness in your eyes, and the way your gaze sparks when you turn to me.

She'd started walking as she talked, until she was once again beside him, once again nuzzling into his shoulder, up his neck, lipping at his thick mane. They needed a fire, but she had to show him, first, had to touch him now that he had first granted her the experience; had to show him her love as he had shown his. To perhaps repeat a few things she wanted to try again.

Within moments her load of moist wood lay forgotten on the first blades of grass to sprout at the edge of the sand, her entire focus entrapped by the marvelous discovery that was the stallion before her.

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

Gypsy bit his lip as emotion hit him. She moved with him as though they were one, as though there was a new constant give and take. And that did not feel like something that would be left behind come dawn, something astounding and yet deeply resonant. Seeing her glance at her own sides he could not help but chuckle again. She was so adorably covered and tussled in sand and a bit windswept. To him, it simply made her all the more beautiful. I shall be glad to have you close as we gather.. Perhaps he might lend her warmth...

That notion fled rather quickly as she went off on her own way a bit. He could but watch as the knowing glance told him she was about the unveil a secret. The very ocean itself seemed ready to gobble her up after she spoke to it, and yet it did not. It gently deposited gifts at her feet before flowing away again. His was but to stand and watch the marvelous creature before him in her element and lost in reverie. Though the words that flowed forth were not raised in song, it was a beautiful voice to his ears. It had its own unique cadences and tones.

Questioning to himself why she did not turn it to song he could only conclude that as with Talon, were Gypsy not here as an audience the volume would perhaps rise. He would have to take her with him to visit the desert wind riders who treasured song as a means to call to the air from gentle breeze to roiling gale. They would appreciate the true feeling behind the voice and the expression. Smooth resonance held little sway with them.

This burying she spoke of, this made him curious. And that the rhyme’s lilt kept returning made it important. Was that a shiver there? Sunset hued stallion was mulling this over with a bit of growing unease when she stilled and turned to him once more. He was doing a rather terrible job of gathering firewood for them though admittedly she had rather taken the wind from the sails on that one with her pile of dripping driftwood there.

First his words were stolen from him on the breeze that carried her words, and then by her gentle but unwavering attentions. This time he let her guide him, submitting wholly to her will and reveling at the new heights they soared. They danced to different steps than he had first mentioned, reeling to the music of waves and stars as the sea breeze did its best to cool damp hides. By the time their dancing came to a pause, that breeze was feeling wickedly chill outside their warm bubble. He could not stop running his neck alongside and over hers, trailing kisses up to her ears and massaging shoulders to wind up with a playful whisper of a nip along pale lavender flank.

My dearest, you continue to keep me on my toes. Allow me to get our fire going here, and we may continue dalliances with some warmth to combat the sea breeze. He led her closer to a natural dip in the grasses, depositing most of the now drier driftwood there. It would seem the sparse grasses there picked up and moved just an inch or so, but it was the sands that did the work. Shifting to his murmured hum and a commanding whistle took the roots right with them. A practiced trick, yet not one he would ever take for granted. Such would be impossible after it had saved his life so. It took a quick search to find just the right stone he was looking to use for flint and a forceful strike or two of one golden hoof for a spark to leap to the pile.

And now lovely one we might take our ease here. Are you in need of nourishment of the edible sort? He reached out to touch her nose to nose but continued his advance with a swivel that brought them side to side again. There was simply not getting enough of her touch. Or even he wiggled his eyebrows in mock drama actual sleep? Another chuckle escaped him in his lightness, happy simply to spend the time with her even were it to sleep.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

She hadn't realized it until he spoke the words, yet the moment he mentioned seeking something edible her stomach snarled as loud as a tsunami's rage. Tribe was, quite simply put, famished.

She also found herself slightly torn. She wanted deeply to curl with him by his fire, for the breeze held quite the chill off the water, but eating would demand she wander uphill a ways until she could find sweet grass that wasn't devoured by sand. She was feeling rather too tired for such efforts, if she was honest.

Magpie, my love, you pose the most impossible question, she laughed, and tucked her nose against her front leg as a yawn ripped from her. In truth, the cold always exhausts me; would you be willing to hold me by the fire, even if for but a moment as we warm?

Her hide shimmered with damp exertions, and yet as they came to be still together and her blood slowed she found it simply made her all the colder. If she was smart she would walk herself down, allow a few laps around the fire to bring her back to a stable temperature, but she had stopped thinking by this point. She was just cold.

Too cold to be still, as it turned out. She snuggled him, brushing her side to him, and found herself shifting her weight so that she tickled his flank with her tail, nipped at his mane, reached around to cuddle against his chest.

Her whole body was trembling from a mixture of hunger and exhaustion as the cold settled deep in her bones, and yet Tribe wasn't scared; she trusted herself to this stallion in ways she'd never before dreamed.

After all, if could ask the land and grass to shift with a whisper, what other marvelous surprises awaited? Surely he could do anything.