Endless [Songhue!]

For Serian couples and more intimate RPing.
Willows surround a shaded vale, sheltering all within.
Tigress
Mod
Mod

Endless [Songhue!]

Post by Tigress »

Off to one side of the vale, shrouded in a gathering of willow trees over a pond, Verdant Sky lazily watches the fish swim around in looping circles. She laid sprawled out on a rock in the sun, catching the few rays that managed to penetrate the tendril-like branches of the trees that surrounded her. Being alone was a rarity for Verdant, she often was in the company of another. Usually Chime, who she had a not-so-secret hopeless crush on. Though the mare was straight and with a devoted partner already, she was exactly Verdant's type: unapologetically herself. She loved that the rest of their herd just embraced her despite her quirks, they knew she was a total kleptomaniac but she was good natured enough that it never became a real issue.

Verdant had a bit of an addiction herself, an urge that was rarely quenched. She found others so fascinating, found herself inexplicably drawn to this Serian and that Serian. Loved the softness and beauty of mares and was compelled by the complexity and charm of stallions. Many in her realm fell inexplicably in love with a singular other that made it so that their heart had no room for another. That never happened for her. She was starting to think that it was less about "finding the right other" and more about allowing herself the freedom to discover herself.

She'd meant to go to the fields to try and meet others and mingle, but there had been a bit of a crowd and she hadn't felt right just barging in. Instead, she'd wandered to the vale to sunbathe and reflect. She felt she had so much to share, so much passion to give, but the right opportunities just never came. Surprisingly, she wasn't really sad or lonely or bothered by it. Everything happened in its time, when it was meant to; she held on to that belief and it always kept her resilient. It was Spring in their realm, and she knew the stirring of nature would bring about a bunch of other new beginnings. Maybe her story was about to unfold, or maybe it would begin in another season.

While she was musing, a butterfly came and landed squarely on her nose. She carefully smiled and watched it move its wings, so slow and careful. It startled at a sound off to her left but didn't move from its perch. Her eyes flicked in the direction the sound had come from but it was too far off outside of her peripheral vision.

"Hello there, unfortunately I can't move at the moment. Care to come closer?" Her voice was strained; loud enough to be heard but quiet enough so as not to startle the butterfly. It was entirely possible they had come here hoping to be alone and would leave, but if it was company they sought then the invitation had been extended.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Re: Endless [Songhue!]

Post by Songhue »

You are not being wholly honest, Nova stated, and the fact that she wouldn't look at him as she said it made him flinch. Nova was honorable to her core, reliable, strong-willed and fierce. There was very little nonsense that she held the patience for, and this was apparently one of that which she wouldn't abide.

She was, honestly, getting rather frustrated with Shiro, the sweetest stallion she had ever met in her life. She lacked a certain ruthlessness to face off with some of her bondmates, but there were very few who were more protective of him than she herself was. And she still wanted to kick him.

He had been restless and, as a result, raising a fuss within their circle. Worse, he was putting Flint on edge, and Shiro was the only thing that kept Flint calm enough not to be a bully. Normally. Until recently. Now, the small bruising that dappled Shiro's neck and sides weren't overly forceful nips of affection, but warning snips as Flint's patience neared an end.

It is not loneliness that shadows you, she half-scolded, though her voice was too feminine to ever sound harsh despite the inner strength that rang through her words. Lie to yourself, perhaps, but never to me Shiro.

And well, there simply was no arguing with that. He sighed, knowing that if even she was upset with him then he had honestly been making some rather large mistakes.

It just seems I'm the only one who - I don't know. It just seems that nobody else understands. Especially Flint. Hard for them to understand when even he had trouble forming the words, putting it all into something a bit more cohesive.

He loved them, each of them, but Flint was content to wait for their circle to grow - however long that might take. Hybrid was - well, Shiro was about ready to trample Hybrid to get him out of his funk. And there was a proper indication of his irritation, that he would use their proper names. Flint was the Sarge, pushy and brash, great for confrontations but not the best at gentler leadership. Nova was their leader, the one that truly took care of them. Hybrid was a Soldier, good to send out to defend those who needed it, not so great at taking that initiative himself. He would follow either of them to the ends of the realms and wasn't at all afraid of taking care of things. Shiro simply loved. Freely, fully, he loved and tried his very best to keep those he loved happy, to dote upon them.

He needed more, though. Needed someone who understood this drive, this love he had to share. He had Flint, yes, but Nova would have no interest in his gentleness, no matter how she cared for him. He was not a match for her in that way. Hybrid would have no such match for any stallion; it had been a surprise when Flint had been interested enough in his gentle soul to discard the rest of it. It was Shiro himself that he loved, the rest was immaterial.

Breeze was Nova's. It was that simple for him. He became so smitten with her that when she turned up her nose as his reckless antics, he pulled his act together. He was still Horsefeathers, still ridiculous, but for her he was as reliable as they came. No matter how much he adored Shiro, he would always belong first to Nova.

But their circle was so empty. Didn't anyone else want to find the others they could share their love with? Didn't they see how he needed something more?

He had no idea how to grasp this idea firmly enough to put it into words, and the frustration was eating at everyone. And Flint, the first to love him in that deeper manner that he so craved, his lack of understanding hurt the worst. So he needled him the worst.

We're never going to find our mares by sitting around the oasis, he finally said, speaking into Nova's waiting silence as they wandered aimlessly. I need...

We may not share your drive for finding the others to share in our love, Nova told him, and the look she gave him was something that told him exactly how insulted she was, but we do understand your need. None of us are closed with our love; whomever is found can fit anywhere. We are not resisting, and you can not continue as if we are. Conjure someone who can understand the way you love, if it so simple to find them.

That got to him, made him flatten his ears. She had a point; it wasn't as if they were turning others away. It had seemed there had been no effort at all, but honestly if it was that simple he would have done it himself.

I'm sorry, whispered, and stopped to nuzzle into her neck, pressing close. Smiling, Nova returned the gesture, sliding her body along his and ruffling the delicate pink feathers of his wings.

They truly were open with their love, their affections, for such an intimate exchange. Shiro knew how she needed someone that would stand firm beside her, someone she could rely on, and knew that he wasn't so strong as that; he hated confrontation to the extent of near helplessness. He loved too deeply for that.

She would never be able to count on him as she was Breeze, but she would love him just as deeply in her own way.

They heard another just after his whisper, tucked almost out of sight - enjoying the delicate touch of a butterfly. A walk had seemed the best way to have such a conversation - remaining cooped up at home would have been rather counter productive, all things considered. They'd not anticipated finding anyone here, had steered away from the crowded fields, and yet here they were looking at a rather stunning mare. Her coat would have even Hybrid's preferences drooling, and Nova had to admit to a certain appreciation for the natural beauty she held. Shiro, of course, was instantly in love.

Pretty did not mean friendly, and yet she had called a gentle greeting, hardly louder than Shiro's own whispered apology.

They stepped closer, moving gently so as not to startle her little companion, each offering a friendly smile as they came into sight.

My apologies for disturbing you, Nova said gently, and softly lay down so that she wouldn't be looming over this other mare - Nova was used to being small, and standing above someone felt awkward for her. It seems you are destined for company of one sort or another, regardless.

Shiro lay next to her, automatically following her lead, and added I'm quite glad to have come across such a kind beauty as yourself. We were just talking about how hard it is to find anyone around, these days, and you're certainly a rare gem even amidst a crowd.

You are beautiful, Nova agreed, and slid a tolerant look at Shiro that willed him to gentle his excitement - and for Shiro that was honestly excited. Yet a proper introduction must be had, before we grow lost in appearances. I am Nova, and this is my circle-mate Shiro Suisei.

Call me Shiro, he smiled, and then added or anything you want, really.

Tigress
Mod
Mod

Post by Tigress »

As the mare drew closer, the butterfly suddenly seemed to become overwhelmed. It retreated to land somewhere on her back, which at least allowed her full mobility of her head. Now that she could see the one approaching, she was caught somewhat off guard. Her body looked like it contained a whole sun, shining from within. The soft femininity of her features was contrasted by a pair of horns and spiked dragon wings. She might have been intimidating, but her face was simply so lovely that it took the edge off completely.

Her eyes shamelessly followed her as she sat, surprised at the thoughtfulness of the gesture. At once, Verdant Sky could tell that they meant no trouble. When the mare spoke, Verdant smiled widely. Slowly at first, but it seemed to blossom uncontrollably.

"To be completely honest, that suits me perfectly well." She laughed cheerfully, her eyes dancing with mirth and curiosity. "You... are a vision, and a welcome one at that." Holding her tongue wasn't one of her finer skills, and it wasn't something she felt the need to change. Why should she censor her thoughts if her thoughts weren't unpleasant or unkind? What was the point in hiding or playing games with her feelings and opinions? Verdant was blunt, but not painfully so, because she rarely had something negative to say. When she did, she tried to employ as much tact as the situation allowed. Hurting others never felt good to her, intentional or not.

As the stallion wandered closer and melted by the mare's side, she took time to bask in his appearance as well. A stark contrast of dark and light, softened by the petal pink of his tender wings and pointed horn. A trait they shared. His mane was smooth and fine, a contrast to her unkempt beachy waves. They were both exceptionally beautiful, and though many from her home realm were lovely in their own way it was different. She immediately felt a physical pull, a desire to lay next to them, pooled in body heat and basked in beauty. It was strong enough that it made her chest ache, but it was a feeling she was familiar with. This was the only thing she held back on, at least, for now.

The compliments were met with a gracious smile, but not a shy one. Verdant wasn't oblivious to her own looks, rather she was simply grateful that the admiration was mutual. It made her mind swim with possibilities, an electric sensation traveling through her body and dancing just beneath her skin.

"This is hardly fair, you've said everything I meant to say and now I find myself at a loss for words." She laughed again, not at all hiding the depth of her gaze as it shifted between them. Were they a mated pair, perhaps? Best to tread carefully lest she cause unintended offense.

"Nova, Shiro... it's absolutely my pleasure. My name is Verdant Sky, though you can call me whatever suits." She stretched her legs out towards them, crossing her hooves delicately before her. "I agree that it's hard to meet others, I keep running into familiar faces and I... find myself feeling unfulfilled." She chose the words carefully, not meaning to slight any of those that she called friends or acquaintances already. Meeting others wasn't necessarily the problem, it was meeting others who were like-minded that gave her issue. These two were certainly open, welcoming, she could feel it radiating out from them. She wanted to know all about them, instantly, but didn't know how to begin.

"This is a rather private place to be looking for strangers, did you hope to be alone?" She couldn't help but test the waters, so to speak, to see if she was unintentionally trespassing with her light flirtations.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Not necessarily alone, Nova clarified as Shiro beamed, just a little more quiet, a better chance to talk.

I've made some mistakes, Shiro admitted. He seemed to be completely lacking of the ability to feel shame or shyness. I've been frustrated and not expressing it well.

Things have changed, and that can always be difficult, Nova observed, and Shiro softened with her understanding. We are a little strange, according to our fellow Serians, she clarified, and gave Verdant a sad smile, uncertain as to rather or not this welcoming company would be a bit less welcoming now. We hold with the older traditions, ones that most have stopped considering.

It's my fault, Shiro admitted cheerily, shamelessly, everyone runs around looking for that one perfect match, and then here I am.

It was fair in one aspect; their circle had formed around him and his affair with Flint. Hybrid had originally been the lynchpin, connecting Breeze and Flint with their fondness for him. It had allowed Shiro to begin a circle - however open the traditional arrangement within the circle, it wasn't done that two Serians of the same gender could begin the arrangement. He and Flint had been essentially shunned until they had all come together to make his dreams happen; and it had rearranged things for all of them.

Our troubles should not weigh on you, however, Nova said by way of apology, and smiled gently as Shiro craned his neck to look at the butterfly - and most likely the rest of the gorgeous mare before them. You are quite the welcome distraction to my friend's distress.

What brings you here, my beautiful friend? Shiro asked, and shifted his weight as he stretched out. His wings were resting open, his legs reaching in front of him, and he was essentially sprawled in a heap of contentment. Anything we might be able to help with?

Tigress
Mod
Mod

Post by Tigress »

Verdant listened with obvious interest, her eyes and ears perked to try and follow the conversation. It seemed that they had come here to hash out an issue, though that didn't immediately rule out the possibility that they were a pair. As they continued to explain somewhat of the situation and what had caused his, Verdant's face contorted into a look that could only be described as "bemused bewilderment".

If she was coming to the right conclusions, the issues that had been on her mind were entirely similar to the issues they'd come here to discuss themselves. However, she was suddenly worried that her desire was overruling her logic: was she perhaps actually just hearing what she wanted to hear? The implications were there, but it wasn't quite concrete enough for her. At the least, she knew they were friends, so she didn't feel like she was trespassing any longer.

It was a happy coincidence when the stallion opened the floor for her to speak, because she'd been waiting for the right time to do so. She felt fairly confident in what she was understanding, and it came through in her body language and her expression. "Well, if I'm to understand that you're not the kind who can devote themselves to a single other... then maybe you can help me, as a matter of fact." Her tail curled up like a playful lioness, sending a cascade of hair back and forth as it swayed languidly.

"I don't mean to be presumptuous, it's just a feeling I have, since we'd be like-minded in that." She smirked slowly, fully unable to control this coy side that loved to come out and play. She was being so very obvious, laying her cards out on the table quite plainly, but there was an excitement in that. In knowing that if they were repulsed, it was fine: that would simply mean they were not on the same page as she was and therefore more or less just a waste of time. She stood nothing to lose really, but an entire saga of potential experiences to gain; ones that she'd been yearning for. Her eyes practically sparkled with anticipation.

"I want to know you both more, I want to know everything but I haven't got a clue what to ask first." She laughed again, looking from one to the other almost expectantly, hoping they would just jump in.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

We'd love to know you, too, Shiro gushed, and smiled warmly as she gazed at them with blatant interest. That's a good idea, to work together. If we find-

I do not believe that our new friend is offering to assist in your search for someone that may fit our particular style of love, Nova said quietly, and though she spoke to Shiro her eyes remained on the blunt mare before them - Flint would appreciate that trait, certainly - Verdant is trying to determine if she, herself, may fit.

Bright gold eyes rounded in surprise, and then glee, before the stallion let out a full-throated laugh of pleasure. Nova smiled and explained, amusement tinged with affection as she said Our Shiro is so loving that he can miss the obvious distinctions, at times.

They looked at each other, trading an entire conversation in a blink, and turned back to her as one.

I could tell you that she's honorable, reliable, and that the only reason she isn't a Guardian in our bondherd is that she doesn't quite have that eagerness to do harm, Shiro said kindly, but you still wouldn't really know her.

I could say that he is known as the Lover at home, Nova added, that he wants nothing so much as for everyone to realize they are cherished, that he strives to bring joy because he wants only to see those that he loves happy. And still, you would not know him. It is not so easy as speaking; however, we would hear of you, in the same manner.

For our circle, it's pretty simple, Shiro continued, and the fact that he would refer to any of it as simple was laughable at best, Nova and I each have a mate, but we're not exclusively mated to them, not really. She has Breeze - and Breeze belongs to her, but if someone else came into things he'd welcome it. It would just be her decision. I have Flint - you'd like him, I think, he's about as direct as you are-

Although he is more abrasive about it, Nova interjected, unfortunately he lacks your charm, my dear. It was hard to say who, exactly, she was directing that last towards.

He and I are actively looking for someone to join us, Shiro went on, though he smiled at Nova to acknowledge that she had a point, and there's Hybrid, too, but he's busy being an idiot right now.

Nova gave him a look - a rather mild look, about the equivalency of quietly clearing your throat - and he flinched as if she'd struck him. Not that I would say as much to his face, he muttered, he looks different - scaled, hairless, a long lizard tail - and it messes with his head, sometimes. Honestly though, he's gorgeous.

You believe that everyone is gorgeous, Nova said kindly, and smiled at the look of honest surprise on his face when he answered That's because they are.

The Lover, indeed.