Push Me Under [Hinote...Again]

For Serian couples and more intimate RPing.
Willows surround a shaded vale, sheltering all within.
Rainer
Elder
Elder

Re: Push Me Under [Hinote...Again]

Post by Rainer »

Was she breaking out, or was he breaking in? She couldn't quite tell.

A sharp 'Ha!' burst from deep within her, a sly smirk was given as she turned to face him, a challenge rising from the tone of her voice, "You wish, maybe then you could live with one less person pestering you. Why, would you?"

The soft laugh she heard from him... It made everything feel even slightly worth while. That's all she wanted, to make atleast one person happy, even if only for a little while. She could feel the faint warmth of happiness growing in her chest, a gentle ache that made her mind buzz with thoughts.

It didn't seem to last long, though. The ache became a burning as she slowly realized she had only caused more pain then anything else. Her gaze was cast down, her heated exchange becoming nothing more then a fleeting glimpse of what she used to be, or could be again.

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

He smirked back at her, eyes almost...playful. "Never."

Of course, that wasn't exactly true. He had let Mirage in, let others in, and let them in too deep. That was what had nearly destroyed him...but he had lived, and grown wiser. He had not lost his wildness, only tempered it into something far more useful. He bore scars, but he had to learn to live with them.

Just like she would eventualy learn to live with hers.

He noticed her start to fall back into herself again, the silence creeping back in and suffocating. No, he wasn't going to let her go like that. "Hey, don't leave me now. Tell me just how wrong I am."

Not exactly a challenge, not exactly a game, but something to pull her back up from the quicksand she was sinking in.

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

"You're wrong for thinking I'd leave you," Attitude leaked from every word, with a flicker of warmth behind it. She quirked a brow, accepting his assistance, so he wanted her like this? Moody, snappy, and difficult? It made no sense to her, usually others didn't take too kindly to that sort of personality.

Then again, he was far from usual. Although she shouldn't be talking.

"As for you, Bud, what else in the world do you have to be wrong about?" She took a bracing stance, as if she were preparing for him to charge at her. Her head was swung low with a challenging glimmer in her eyes, reflecting the playfulness in his own. She had lost herself, The two halves of her inner being had pulled apart, and her old self... The way she used to act was rising to the surface.

Out of no where she pinned her ears and snaked her head toward him. A sharp nip was aimed for his shoulder, although she wouldn't be surprised if he dodged or didn't even feel it. She was pretty much all talk anyway.

But what was she trying to do? This was her way of attempting to make the environment more comfortable for him. He was a fighter, and she had always bragged about how she would one day kick his butt.

"C'mon," She sneered, dancing to the side, "It's about time we did this."

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

There she was again, the girl he used to know...maybe. He wondered vaguely if he should be encouraging again, back towards the attitude that had gotten her in trouble to begin with. Shouldn't he be teaching her to be wiser, more controlled, less of a spitfire? No. She would have to do that by herself. All he was trying to do was make sure everything she had been wasn't lost under that shell.

He grinned slightly as her stance changed, as her eyes flashed. He knew when an attack was coming, but bated time before dodging away from her teeth, letting her teeth graze the skin. Maybe a little of that anger...letting it out would be good.

His sidestep took him into the water, and he tensed there, head low as hers, waiting for her next move. His voice though, his voice was all hidden smiles. "Wrong about you. Show me you're not some broken-winged bird that needs my help. Show me that I shouldn't need to protect you."

He flicked an ear, almost like a beckoning finger. "I'm waiting."

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

Another triumphant laugh broke free as she jerked her head up. She looked down upon him with playful superiority, mock disgust written across her face. "As if I'd ever need anything from you,"
Whether or not she wanted it was a different story.

So he hadn't been lying when he told her that he had grown up. The old Hinote, the one she used to think she knew, probably would have long left her by now, leaving her to sulk in her pool of self sympathy. Yet here he was, reaching down to lift her from the murky depths she had sunk to, having been the only person to finally see far enough down to drag her back up. He seemed to know all the right buttons to push to make her come back, and she briefly wondered if she was that easy to read.

"Wait no longer," She smirked, before lunging into the water after him. The liquid quickly darkened her coat, but she hardly noticed. She was too busy lifting herself up and then diving forward again, her front hooves and weight aimed hard at the only person she knew she didn't have to take it easy with.

"Prove to me," She began bluntly in mid-rear, "That you're not one to take pity."

"I dare you."

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

"That's my girl."

He said it in a grinning, offhanded way, the same way he spoke to Hellion or Mist. Nothing exactly possessive, nothing exactly affectionate. She could take it as she wished.

He danced away from her hooves, and water shundered against his flanks. Go easy? Pity? He hardly knew the meaning of the words. Sweet Mist had walked away from his training sessions bruised and hurting, and she would be no different. It was the only way to prove it, really, that she was alright. Prove that she could take the pain, and live through it.

He used the momentum of his dodge to turn in mid jump, swinging his body around to her unprotected flank. It was an awkward movement for his sturdy frame, but he carried it well enough, the slick mud beneath his hooves giving him a gliding edge. She would still be recovering from the strength of her thrust, he judged, and aimed those blue horns toward her side.