Finally Free (Open RP)

For non-Serian roleplaying (Persona RP and Fanfiction)
The mists around the mountains clear to reveal in their center a ring of stones, an easy landmark for travelers to gather.

Moderator: Tigress

Aria
Leader
Leader

Finally Free (Open RP)

Post by Aria »

Zyria's father led her by her elbow down the aisle. The path before them lay covered in flower pedals. The crowds of elves on either side of the aisle were grinning widely and nodding approvingly. Ahead, on the top of the hill, stood her husband-to-be, or so they all thought. Once she reached the top, she'd say her farewells, and disappear into the forest. It would break their hearts, but it was what she had to do. One more night in this forest prison and she'd lose her mind.

They reached the hill, and she slowly let go of his arm. Before the elder could speak, she turned towards the crowds. She took in a deep breath, and tried her best to ignore their confused glares.

"Everyone, I regret to inform you, that I am leaving the forest. I know it is forbidden, but I can not stay here any longer. Mother, father, I adore you so, but please try to understand. This is something I must do. I love you all, and thank you for everything." Zyria said proudly. She turned, gave the groom an apologetic look, and leaped into the tree branches above them. As quickly as possible she flew from branch to branch, and disappeared into the leaves. She vaguely heard the mumble of shocked voices behind her, but they didn't matter. The rush she felt as she leapt to her freedom was overwhelming.

She stopped at the tree above her house, where she had stashed her gear for the road. She quickly grabbed her bow and quiver, her daggers, and her bag of food and potions. She had to be quick, for her family was sure to be on her trail. She dropped to the ground with a thud and darted through the bushes and trees as fast as her arms and legs could carry her. After sneaking out of the forest time and time again, she already knew where she was headed. There was a small magical barrier around the elves homes, so that other wanderers wouldn't find them. Nothing dangerous, just an unusual feeling that swept over them, telling them they've gone the wrong way and need to turn around. As for the elves, they couldn't pass through the barrier unless given permission by the queen. She would anoint you with a drop of oil that would clear your head and let you pass through with ease. Zyria didn't need her stupid oil. She had found a weakness in the barrier, at the deepest part of the forest, where a river flowed through. One could slip through the barrier if you let the river float you through it. Something about the water trickling around you relaxes your mind, and you don't even feel the barrier try to confine you.

She darted through the trees to the river, and plunged in head first. The crystal water had never felt so refreshing. She closed her eyes and let every muscle in her body relax, floating on the surface. Before she knew it, the sunlight hit her face, and she was out of the forest. She opened her eyes. All of her travels before were at night, when the elves were sound asleep. She had to hide and be as invisible as possible, for all sorts of creatures and dangers came out at night. This was the very first time she had laid eyes on the fields in the daylight, and it was absolutely breath-taking. The fields were miles of tall thick grasses that shimmered under the sun. Wildflowers scattered the grasses, and short trees with flowers dotted along the paths. That's all she could see for miles in all directions. She decided she'd follow the river, see where that led her.

She wasn't sure how far she'd made it by sundown, but it felt like at least 10 miles. She found a small tree to take a rest under, and sat down. She took a deep breath, and pulled out some fruit from her bag. Snacking on it, she tried to think of what she could do next...
Last edited by Aria on Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Re: Finally Free (Open RP)

Post by Vineda »

OOC| Wellp, it's lazy-feeling, but it's a start. *stretches creaky joints*

BIC| Perched in a relatively tall tree branch, lazing about really, Vineda leaned back against the smooth silvery bark content to watch and wait. An occasional blossom would fall around her, ruffled by a gentle breeze that came and went as it pleased. It was not long at all before the dark-haired slip of a girl appeared. Sweet and tangy scents of fruit drifted on the breeze among the flower's perfume, tempered by the drier earthier smell of grass and perhaps nearby water.

Russet locks fell around her face as she gazed down in thought, a token of time's creeping passage. It'd been too, too long! Perhaps this sign of life was a good omen. As always, the old indecision riddled her. To make her presence known and be friendly? Or to remain where she was and see what this stranger was about? Stretching limbs that had been dormant too long, she settled for a light "Hello, stranger." A grin was less than easy, but it appeared after a small bit of concentration. Slow but genuine. Time to see if those weapons would be utilized in defense and warding or if a smile might be returned.
And I don't know how To slow it down Oh, my mind's racing From chasing pirates.

Aria
Leader
Leader

Post by Aria »

OOC| Oops, I totally wrote that in first person... I'll fix it :) and anyway,  *squeals* :D

BIC| A soft voice echoed from the branches above her, causing sudden heart palpitations. For a second she imagined a predator pouncing on her, and she fully regretted not being more observant and cautious. She jumped up to her feet, with her hand already on her bow, but the words that were said registered in her mind. 'Hello' was not normally what a predator initiated its attack with.

Her eyes quickly darted from branch to branch, searching for the source of the voice, and finally stopped once they met a pair of gorgeous blue eyes. Her eyebrows furrowed, and she examined this figure further. Darkish hair fell around her face, and from what she could see, what the girl was wearing was thin and comfy. Not at all predator-like, but one should never underestimate another based on appearance.

Zyria studied this girl for a moment. It was hard for her to open her mouth and say something in return, being that the only creatures she was ever allowed to talk to were elves and woodlings. What kind of creature was this girl, anyway? Human?

Curiosity got the best of her though. She wanted to find out more about this girl, and in order to that, she had to quit being rude. "H-hello." Zyria stuttered, and immediately clenched her jaw as she heard how ridiculous she sounded. 'Way to come off as fearless and not-to-be-messed-with' she thought to herself.

Something in this girl's eyes seemed to calm her though, so her hand relaxed and let go of her bow, and she took a step towards the tree trunk. She tilted her head back to see up the tree, and waited for the girl to speak more. This was Zyria's first encounter with a creature outside of the forest, and that fascinated her.

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

Her smile turned wry as she berated herself for such abruptness. What would her own reaction be if some stranger began speaking to her from the branches of a tree she'd assumed was vacant and used as a resting place? Much the same, no doubt. Her hand was raised, ready for the arrow if it was indeed drawn and released.

You should not simply assume a resting place is vacant then, hmm? Frost Rose goaded her bonded with a bit of sarcasm from afar, speaking mind to mind through their Bond connection.

Holding quite still while she was under examination, Vineda noted the elf's hesitation. The weapon would not be used. Not yet anyway. Yes, yes, I know. Vineda sighed and mentally rolled her eyes at Rose's smirk in return.

Are you done snoozing finally? There was an edge of playful impatience. If Vineda didn't know better she'd swear one of her bonded was calling her lazy...

I think Rose is just a little bored, Shamrock snickered. He cropped grass idly in his meadow in their homeland, eavesdropping unabashedly.

Vineda let the bickering fade to the back of her mind, tuning them out just a bit as she held herself very still, hands in sight and making no sudden movements. A nod was given at the returned hello, and a small whisper of a smile remained in encouragement. It was a little amusing, seeing this all play out. Ahh, there was the lowering of the weapon. Very good. No need for any fireworks today. She let the words of warding that had been lingering ebb away as the arrow was lowered.

"I'm called Vineda, if you care to know. It is rare, these days, to find a friend wandering here in the Foothills." She eyed the girl's gear. "Would you share some time, or shall I leave you be? I have my own dinner to snack on as well." She had plenty of nuts and berries, even an apple or two in her bag. A little of this, a bit of that... she waited curiously to hear this elf girl's decision.

Aria
Leader
Leader

Post by Aria »

OOC| I just LOVE your writing style!! Gimme gimme! <3

BIC| Zyria blinked a few times, processing Vineda's words in her mind. She suddenly felt foolish for giving off such an offensive stance, and wished she had come across a little more pleasant and welcoming.

"Oh no, I didn't mean to umm..." She stopped to clear her throat (Hughumm!!), "Please don't leave. I would very much enjoy sharing some time with you." She didn't want to seem eager, but the thought of meeting someone new that wasn't from her elven colony was fascinating. This girl was of another world, another experience altogether. She had so much to learn from this girl.

In an attempt to take back her defensive introduction, Zyria took her bow and quiver of arrows and tossed them into the grass next to the tree. She smiled widely at the girl in the tree, and then stepped forward, grabbing ahold of the lowest branch. Placing her right foot against the trunk for support, she pulled herself up onto the lowest branch, and sat upon it.

"So do you normally hide out in trees? Had I been a small creature, would I have been your prey?" Zyria teased, and smiled widely.

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

Vineda beamed.. just a little.. as this unknown elf girl softened and seemed to relax. It was so hard to play those games where you didn't know where the boundaries were, what expectations others might hold. Bow and arrow were discarded so quickly, and she seemed honest and open. Once the girl was settled on the lower branch, Vineda swug down gently to sit next to her. Hopefully she wouldn't be taken aback.

Her trusty bag was still in place over one shoulder, so she reached in and grabbed two apples. Holding one up for her new acquaintance, she waited to see just what this other was about. "This tree just had a pretty comfy spot right there against the trunk, prefect for leaning back and gazing at the sky through the leaves..." Enough of that, she scolded herself and let her speech drift off. Such talk would surely make this girl think she was silly in the head!

She chuckled and grinned wolfishly at what she was pretty sure was a joke. "Well, if you were particularly tasty I might've been tempted... Though it has been quite a while since I've hunted, especially here in these lands that are not my own." Did this other recognize her shifting abilities? Did she possess her own shifting? Magic of a different sort? Surely she did, she was an elf...

So far she'd not answered the offer of a name with a name in return. Vineda had so many questions, but she'd been raised -oh so so long ago it seemed- to not be nosy. A simple question wouldn't hurt, surely? And she could always choose not to answer...

"What brings you here?" Simple, yes. But simplicity was good sometimes.