Wandering the Paths of the Past {Moon Blaze}

For non-Serian roleplaying (Persona RP and Fanfiction)
The mists around the mountains clear to reveal in their center a ring of stones, an easy landmark for travelers to gather.

Moderator: Tigress

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Re: Wandering the Paths of the Past {Moon Blaze}

Post by Songhue »

Had she said that? She couldn't remember. It happened pretty frequently, mixing up what was thought and what was said - there were times where she had been certain of having said something and yet it never left her head.

Regardless, there were other things to talk about, some of which would come a bit awkwardly to her. How often she found herself using that word with this little flufflebat. But that's how it seemed - the little one didn't yet understand the bond of clan, not properly, not as one who had been born into and known it for their entire lives. She would learn, but it left an awkward fumbling, something that was highlighted by Shine's own awkwardness with Beacons. Shamanesses and Beacons were not always compatible.

Where have you been sleeping? she asked, getting straight to the point. Usually a softer, more roundabouts manner worked better with the little one, but she wasn't sure how else to handle it this time. The young one had been adopted for a while, but she hadn't been adopted by any proper parents - she wasn't, by default, staying in anyone's den.

Tilting her head, the kitsune paused a breath - and no more - before explaining. You're still young, she said, as if the kid needed reminding, which is in your favor. Typically you'd still be in your birthden, a kind of safehold where you would first learn to explore our lands. For a moment an intense pain flickered in the blue-gray orbs as their loss once again cut into her. Her eyes were her only give away, however, and she doubted the little one would be so observant as to notice. I know that while you rest you're Muted - an effect of dens. Essentially the energies you would normally give off become muffled and hidden, which tells me you found one place to stay and have kept to it.

She paused again, not wanting to overload the youngling. Learning how to trace the bond back into Sunspot's mind, and now Muting and den transfers - the fluffle would need a chance to breathe a little between lessons, or they might overwhelm her. She also liked to give ample time for questions, and pausing to see how well it was all settling in the youngling's brain was a good opportunity for them.

Sethelu
Leader
Leader

Post by Sethelu »

Why would her sister care about where she was sleeping? Oh well. With her sister it was better to answer the question than to question the motives. I've been sleeping in Sunny's meadow. Sometimes I sleep in a little nest I made in my favorite tree, or hang from a tree branch if I'm too tired to move to my tree and sometimes I even sleep in between Sunny's shoulder blades. She wondered where this was leading. She loved her sister's lessons and always-I mean usually-payed close attention. They give her a chance to find out more about herself, her species, and her clan. She turned her ears in her sister's direction to be able to hear her better and looked her straight in the nose, since the eyes were too personal, and waited for what her sister had to say next.
(\(\
( *.*)
o(")(")

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

She nodded slightly, not really surprised; the corners of her mouth twitched up just slightly, revealing the tips of a few teeth in a slight-kitsune-smile. The little one was focusing properly now, really gearing up for their lesson - good. She was quite satisfied with her for that, even proud - this was a student she would have been more than happy to flaunt, under more normal circumstances. But things hadn't been 'normal' for a long, long time.

With the little one holding the bond with her Serian wide open, the critter would be privvy to every word they shared; part of her squirmed at the thought, but they both needed the mutual contact that came from diving through the bond-link to share a single mind. She wasn't going to speak against it - but she would word things carefully.

You know of my Den, although you've never been; you know of our brother's, though it is a place you've yet to visit. What you have is a nest, which is appropriate for a nestling such as yourself, but it is not your own; not truly. It is Sunspot's. You merely use a corner. Is this not so?

She knew it was so. The realm was found and altered and tweaked, in the small manners that the very young knew, and it was imbued with the essence of the youngling's Bonded. It belonged to him, as their homeland had to them, once.

She waited a moment, expecting an answer - a nod, some small indication that the little one was still with her - before continuing. When she did, her voice was slightly kinder than nomal. You've been allowed to curl up somewhere on your own thus far, Batsy, but the time to find your own corner to lick your wounds has passed. We've allowed you barely any time by our standards - just a few scant moments to collect yourself. Now, it is time you became a proper member of the clan. You must go to a Den, and in doing so you must be fully adopted; as a daughter. I've spoken with my brother already, had him begin the preparations. I'll speak with him about a true home-shift soon. It is our way, and I can explain it if you need.

Sethelu
Leader
Leader

Post by Sethelu »

When her sister finished there was only on thing going through her head. OhmyGoddessohmyGoddessohmyGoddessohmyGoddessohmyGoddessohmyGoddessohmyGoddess. She began thinking several thoughts at once. Whose Den wpould she go to? Whose daughter would she become? How would this change the way they've been doing things? She was excited also. So excited she had the strangest urge to roll in honey and sing love songs. She decided to ask the question that she wanted answered most. Whose daughter will I become? She said it softly and calmly, which given her current state was pretty impressive. She awaited the answer with curious eyes and baited breath.
(\(\
( *.*)
o(")(")

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

'Tis of no concern for now, the kitsune murred with a flick of her tails as her expression softened just slightly. This is a lesson, remember? I'm simply preparing you. Now, how much do you remember of the ways of younglings for our kind, my stray little Bat?

She stretched, easing the cub's mind away from her imminent rehoming and back onto the proper ways of little ones. Before the youngling could answer she spoke again, hoping to give a bit of encouragement. The sooner we complete your lesson the sooner I may speak with my brother to find you a true home within the clan.

Settling back on her warm stone, Shine stretched out nearly flat and seemed to go boneless as she relaxed under the caress of the sun. Her mind, however, stretched even farther - reaching back through the recesses of memory and wandering again in the days of old as she gathered the lesson for the day. Or perhaps week would be kinder - she honestly did not want to overwhelm the stray flufflebat.

Sethelu
Leader
Leader

Post by Sethelu »

She looked down and gave a small disappointed sigh, but wasn't all that surprised. She looked back up then began thinking and looking deep into her memory of everything her sister taught her. ...I can't think of anything I know about them, she said with something akin to fear in her voice. She honestly couldn't. She didn't know much at all. She wanted to face wing for her uneducatedness. Would you mind telling me about them? she asked hopefully.
(\(\
( *.*)
o(")(")