Wandering the Paths of the Past {Moon Blaze}

For non-Serian roleplaying (Persona RP and Fanfiction)
The mists around the mountains clear to reveal in their center a ring of stones, an easy landmark for travelers to gather.

Moderator: Tigress

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Re: Wandering the Paths of the Past {Moon Blaze}

Post by Songhue »

A flick of her tails, a tilt of her head.

Alright, she said, tell me what you understand.

Sethelu
Leader
Leader

Post by Sethelu »

A blink of surprise, and a head tilt later, this is what she answered with. The members of clan are bonded together and will find each other each life at some point or other. Both parents help raise the cub that is a part of them. As soon as I am fully adopted I will become an addition to my parents' den and no longer an outsider.
(\(\
( *.*)
o(")(")

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Then you've got it. The only thing to note there is that we once had no concern over multiple lives. It was only after home was lost that we had to adapt our forms to fit the host specimens of areas in order to be compatible with the different areas. The problem is, most of these are burned up far too quickly, or have shorter lifespans naturally; so we find other areas and adapt again. That isn't a concern here, however; this is one of the few 'in-between' realms. We can exist here easily enough, yet we can't settle here without giving up a part of ourselves. We aren't of this land. But that has little to do with becoming a proper part of your new den - rather than a mere visitor to the area.

Arching her back and flexing her claws, she tilted her head the other way and squinted slightly. The cub was resisting. You meditated for a very long time, claimed not to have a proper grasp of what you had missed in your first retelling, and then gave a correct assessment of your upcoming trial; of being taken in as a part of your new parent in order to have claim to the den. I have to wonder, why would you claim ignorance when your answer was correct? Do you not wish to be adopted?

Sethelu
Leader
Leader

Post by Sethelu »

Her eyes widened in surprise. Of course she wanted to be adopted! Didn't she? As she thought about it, she realized what the problem was. "I'm afraid. I know it's foolish but I am. I'm afraid of change and that I'll mess up. I'm afraid." She knew it was a foolish reason but it was the truth. She was afraid.
(\(\
( *.*)
o(")(")

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Ah, and that made perfect sense. She knew, the little one knew the whole time, but it hadn't properly clicked in her because the entire concept was sitting strangely. But then, she couldn't really be blamed. Even still, when the flufflebat was given a challenging stare she didn't realize to drop her gaze and defer to her leader. She stared back, challenging in her fear.

There was still so much to teach her.

Then perhaps this will be of comfort. Now that you've demonstrated a proper understanding I can tell you; my brother will be the one to adopt you. You're going to have a dad.

Sethelu
Leader
Leader

Post by Sethelu »

OOC| You're gonna hate me after this.

BIC| Excitement instantly filled her. She had thought as much. It only made sense that the Heart would raise the Beacon. She felt the fear start to ease a little now that she knew who she was going to. A huge grin spread across her face as she began daydreaming about what it would be like to have a dad. But then, as always, there came the thing that sobers her faster than you could blink: doubt. She had heard that he had lost his cub recently when he and his ex broke the mate. Would he see her as a replacement? Or as a way of getting his cub back? What if she disappointed him because she wasn't like his other cub. What if he began to regret adopting her and it got to the point that he couldn't even look at her anymore? She felt the tears start to well up, along with the hurt and betrayal. It was crazy and it was foolish, but when she gets like this all rational thought went out the window and her emotions took over. The thought of how her sister would get uncomfortable from this briefly brushed her consciousness, so she curled up into a little ball, tucking her head to her chest and wrapping her wings around herself as the panic overtook her. May Songhue forgive her.
(\(\
( *.*)
o(")(")