Quiet of the Woods (Open RP)

For non-Serian roleplaying (Persona RP and Fanfiction)
The mists around the mountains clear to reveal in their center a ring of stones, an easy landmark for travelers to gather.

Moderator: Tigress

Pierre Monteux
Regular
Regular

Re: Quiet of the Woods (Open RP)

Post by Pierre Monteux »

Pierre stood for a second when they reached the great water. He didn't trust his eyes, but it looked like the cat had shifted shape into a dragon, before diving into the water. She was back in the form of a cat when she came back out. He nodded when she started talking about the water, but wasn't listening closely. This lake was definitely the one that showed up in his map; the shape was remarkable. There were runes in a language on the map that he couldn't understand, but he had figured it was the instructions for locating the lake.

His attention came back when he noticed she was looking at him. "Well Songhue, I'm glad for your company and assistance. I've never met a cat like you before, so I'm fairly certain we haven't met. I the name Songhue though doesn't seem like a common one, at least not in my limited experience. I can remember of meeting only one other with the name Songhue, but if I recall correctly it was a fox."

Pierre looked at the lake for a minute, taking in the still. He then frowned. "You mentioned that you have to know how to find the lake. If I were to camp here next to the lake, will I still be next to it in the morning? I do know of some events that refuse to be pinned down, and can disappear out from underneath you."
さよなら

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

I am a fox, she said, calling her lip at the word. Technically speaking, even with a tattoo, a magical boost in her ability to disappear, and nine tails she could still be called a fox. Besides, her kind didn't exactly refer to such a form as a kitsune, either. They were all foreign names.

I'm not one right now, she clarified, but I am a fox.

She paused for a moment and tilted her head, letting her gaze turn inward. Sometimes it was easy to slip from one part of herself to another. This didn't seem to be such a time. She was firmly a liger and more inclined to stay that way than shift into her kitsune form. She didn't feel like misdirection and hiding with only rough nips to offer if cornered.

Since she wasn't able to shift on command and he was just as likely to have been more confused by her statement, she simply added I do remember you, now. Still trying to leave?

Standing up, she paced to the water's edge and looked at the far horizon. She was restless, and the run had made her hungry, but his question brought her to stillness. Yes, she murmured, and her eyes lost focus as she read something unseen. You might wake and find it gone, with yourself in any number of places. Or it could leave again within an hour. Or it may be that you try to leave, only to find yourself back at this exact spot.

She turned to look at him again and there was no humor in the smile that flashed her fangs when she said You may miss it simply by blinking.

Then, quite suddenly, she was simply a very large cat again as she wandered over to sniff at some old bones. The question seems rather acedimic, to me. However long the Great Water remains, it's here now. Until it isn't any more, and then it's gone until it comes back to be found.

Turning her attention to a faint scent trail that lead from trees to bones to water, she seemed fairly distracted as she added What's your interest in the place, anyway?

Then she pounced and all the splashing hid most of what may be occurring. There was a high scream cut short by a crack, and she settled in for another snack. A few crunches and she was back to cleaning hrr face, leaving hardly any sign of her meal.

Well, it improved her temper, at least.

Pierre Monteux
Regular
Regular

Post by Pierre Monteux »

Pierre nodded a bit when she said she was also a fox. "I've not found a way yet, but while I was looking for ways to leave, I keep finding references to history and places I want to see before leaving. One of the places I am searching for could be an old Fae site. If the road that runs through these woods dates back to then, then things add up. I want to understand the magic of this land before I leave it. Actually that is probably a necessity for me to leave it."

Feeling a bit more at ease since he was a with someone he'd met before, Pierre sat down and set his back down. After a couple minutes of rummaging he pulled out a small tube, an then pulled a map out of the tube. The map itself had seen far better days. It was yellowed and tearing, with a few creases left by a previous owner. Pierre focus however was on the drawing of the lake. He was trying to see how closely the shape matched, and if he could orient the map based on the lake. If the lake could disappear soon, he needed to be headed the right direction before it did so.
さよなら

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

She came up behind him as he started studying the map, looking over his shoulder for a peek. It must be ancient; as far as she knew, there hadn't been anyone inclined to map-making in a long time, at least not here. For that matter - it would also be the first she heard of fae requiring a map at all, if it came from them.

If you want to leave, she told him stop trying to leave.

Pierre Monteux
Regular
Regular

Post by Pierre Monteux »

Pierre raised his eyebrows at that comment. "Are you trying to say that I won't find a way out by searching for it? Rather, that I'll find the way out once I start doing things that interest me? If that's the case, then I'm partially there already. I'd like to see as much as possible, and learn as much as possible before leaving. I'd also like to be able to come back, if that's possible. " He paused a minute, with a slight look of remorse. "Though with as long as I've been here, its hard to say if I have anything to go back to now. I imagine most people I knew have moved on. So it's possible that if presented with a chance to leave without being able to come back, I may not leave. "
さよなら

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

She smiled a bit, impressed with his quick mind. And she nodded, understanding about not knowing what there was to go back to.

You're here for a reason, she informed him, we all are. Something calls us here. Don't try to find that reason, as it only comes when you've relaxed enough to open yourself to it. Don't think of leaving, or you are't open to it; you're open to leaving, which you can't, because it isn't time since you dont know the reason yet.

Placing one giant paw on the map, she pointed with a claw and added If we go to this Fae circle and your reason is there, you won't know it unless you only go to see the circle. Enjoy the journey for what it is. You'll know when you know, and go when you go, and by then you'll be a part of this place as much as where you hail from. It won't happen until it happens. Don't worry about it until then.

Now, she said, standing up with a feline stretch, shall we explore this lake of first? It's here, until it's not, and it's interesting and there may be something new for you here, until it's found and isn't new any more.

... Cat logic...