Foggy Fates (Story by Songhue and Poison Ivy)

For non-Serian roleplaying (Persona RP and Fanfiction)
The mists around the mountains clear to reveal in their center a ring of stones, an easy landmark for travelers to gather.

Moderator: Tigress

Keira
Elder
Elder

Post by Keira »

Runa and Surisha both whirled around to see what was behind them but there was nothing. "Probably an animal" Runa whispered. But just as they were about to continue walking, there a flying unicorn behind them. Surisha was gathering her strength to fight but Runa ran straight for him... straight to her father.

Keira
Elder
Elder

Post by Keira »

Runa couldn't speak, Sobbing into her fathers embrace she took a few minutes to gather herself then asked "I.. I thought you were dead." Her father, Zaeem (Zah-ee-m), looked at her questioningly "Why would you think that? Wheres your mother?" Runa looked to the ground and another tear slipped out of her eye and down her cheek "Mom died, she said that you were probably dead cause we hadn't heard from you in so long... Oh! dad, this is Surisha and her children." Zaeem nodded in their direction but immediatly returned his gaze to Runa. "Surisha needs our help getting her babies back to be with her mom. Can you help us?"

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

His face hardening perceptibly when he saw the thin and haggard female, Zaeem glanced through the woods and moved close. "Surisha? Your mate is Drake, aye? He sends word for you, that the battle is nearly won and for you to be home now. He's kept a feel of how you've been."

Nearly fainting from shock and joy, Surisha presses a hand over her eye and took a deep steadying breath. To go a year without word, without sight when they've been looking so long.....To catch a fleeting glimpse and no more as he faught for his life and the lives of their young ones.....

"I will not head home. Not to Mama as he wants. But to our home, to where my young ones should be. I'll start to rebuild, and stand if another invader should come. I am tired, and wish to settle now."

"Then move quickly," the great male cautioned as a brush movement made him stand on the alert. "Danger is thick here. Come. And, Runa, have peace. I am well enough of body, and love you still. But you must tell me more of--of your mother when the time comes." With that he turned and hurried through the wooded cover, one ear always keeping tabs on the small ones who clung to their mother. Spirit or not, this was no time for a mother to be out with her young.

Keira
Elder
Elder

Post by Keira »

Surisha looked at Runa and a small satisfied smile crept onto her face. "Lets move." was all she said as she led Runa and her little ones in the direction of her home. Once she was there and settled she'd have to send word to her mother that she and the little ones were all right, but for now, she needed to get out of these woods.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

They had almost escaped the danger, or so they thought as the trees thinned, when another sharp motion caused the male to stiffen and bring everyone to a hault. Before, Surisha would have rushed forward ready for battle. But the year long search, and the constant ache of unfulfilled hope, had worn on her spirit as nothing else could. She would no longer step forward into battle, but stand as she was and fight to the last.

Thankfully, it was only a fox. What caused the spook, however, was another concern, and Zaeem sent the rest ahead as he carefully studied the plants. Something was not right......Surisha and Drake's home was near. Perhaps they should simply run. Or perhaps that was the purpose of the spook. These invaders, whoever they were, were exeedingly cunning.

Trying to have enough eyes for an entire forest as well as his party, the male followed after as a low rasp of a laugh came, just too soft to hear, from where he'd been looking. The male's body was tense; already he feared losing his daughter, and they had only just found one another. The turmoil played at his heart, and brought glee to a dark pair of shining eyes that blinked then dissapeared with another rustle.

Keira
Elder
Elder

Post by Keira »

OOC: grrrrrr *glares* your evil!! Oh well *grins* its your turn to carry the story for a while, I'll watch.