Foggy Fates (Story by Songhue and Poison Ivy)

For non-Serian roleplaying (Persona RP and Fanfiction)
The mists around the mountains clear to reveal in their center a ring of stones, an easy landmark for travelers to gather.

Moderator: Tigress

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

He circled under the creatures he'd helped to call forth, eying the invaders and worrying about his mate. She was pregnant, and she was scared. He had to protect her. Heart trembling, Drake looked at Nico and moved closer ready for his orders.

He didn't see Surisha tailing him, determined that she wouldn't lose him as well. He'd be careful he promised; well, she'd make sure of that. She could be careful as well. And she'd be hard to see wrapped up in the earth colored blanket she'd made. A part of her felt guilty; she knew her mother had once been a great fighter and that she'd be here if she could. But her mark kept her at home which was where Surisha should be. The only problem was that she was exactly like her mother; if she could fight to protect what little she had then she would fight to the death.

And part of what she had was this unborn baby, or babies as the case may be. After all, her mama had had six her first time; a single little one was rare for the Shadow Shifters. That only ever happened if there was a problem finding food or if they were in danger. Funny. She was the one putting those lives in danger so she could help to protect them. And thier father. She couldn't lose him. Her tears rained down as she followed him, blurring her vision, and making an already dangerous mission nearly impossible. But she still didn't turn back. She wouldn't lose him. Not now.

Keira
Elder
Elder

Post by Keira »

As they trudged on, ready to fight, Drake couldn't help but feel guilty about not making Surisha stay at home. All of a sudden he had a thought. He went back to where he could only assume that Surisha was. Soon he was knocked to the ground. Surisha lifted the blanket "Don't stop in front of me, for crying out loud what do think your doing??" Well there was no turning back now.

He stood and pulled Surisha to her feet. "Honey I cant loose you." As he started marching her back to her mothers house he finished explaining. "You need to go back to your mothers house and stay there with her. Once you have had the babies and are strong enough you can join me. Even if you loose me at least you'll be alive and can raise our children, their a part of me. Stay with your mother and bring them into this life safe and well, that way you'll ALWAYS have a part of me."

Surisha walked along with him stunned. What was she to do.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Why did he have to stop in front of her like that? She could have easily tailed him if he'd just kept going. And now she had to go home.......NO

The fire burned deep inside of her at the thought of retreat, and she jerked away from him, though not unkindly. She understood his side. But was too much her mother's daughter to just sit and wait for the news that her love had been obliterated.

I'll go she sent, pulling up tears that weren't fake in the least. But I want to go alone. I don't want you dragging me off like a troublesome pup.

With that she ran ahead, hiding out of site until he turned back. She'd been so sudden in her actions that he hadn't had time to do or say anything. Now though he whispered, "At least your safe, my angle."

It broke her heart. She couldn't deny that any more than she could deny her love for him. But when she made to follow him as he turned back, simply wanting to make sure no one got the better of him, she heard a soft cry and looked over her shoulder to see a baby rothga. It was a flying unicorn that seemed to be made of all the kinds of fire there were. That flame only burned enemies though, and the poor thing was so scared she was close to setting the whole forest aflame.

Surisha crouched down to see if the little one was well and that's when she saw its mother, laying not a few feet away with a crushed skull only one of the invaders could answer for. That could happen to my little ones. They might not even make it to birth.

She stepped closer and was surprised when the little one sent I'm Runa. My mama won't wake up and I'm scared, are you going to hurt me too?

Surisha thought she could have died. She teared up agian, cursed herself, and sat next to the small one, trying to figure out what she would do.

Keira
Elder
Elder

Post by Keira »

OOC: Jerk!! how do I respond to that?

BIC: She pulled the child close and told her "Dont worry hunny, it'll be okay." She didn't know how it was going to be okay, but somehow it would be. "Would you like to come to my mom's house with me? I'm going to stay there until I have my babies and there old enough to be okay" Runa just nodded. They got up and walked the rest of the way to Sekyra's house.

As Sekyra opened the door and saw the two of them she gasped and ushered them into the house. "Oh my goodness what happend?" "Drake doesn't want me to get hurt and loose the babies so he went off and sent me back here." Surisha told her with a bit of a pout. Sekyra rolled her eyes then spotted Runa and with a nodd of her head asked "And" Surisha put on her best smile "Mom this is Runa, Runa this is my mom, Sekyra."

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

OOC| :D

BIC| There was nothing else to it. She had a duty to keep this little orphaned one safe, and Drake was right that she also had to look out for their own little ones. She also had to try and keep her mother from going insane while her mate went to fight the invasion as well.

Runa, honey, why don't you go and see if you can find the little ones? Surisha sent sweetly. The little ball of flaming unicorn rustled her wings happily at the thought, and something that resembled a smile crossed her face for the first time. She trotted happily down the jewled halls, looking up at the fire tendrals that crossed along the ceiling as she went.

As soon as the little one had gone Surisha turned to her mother, and for the first time in a long time allowed herself to show that she was scared. With all the teasing that she had had to endure she'd quickly shut away her emotions but she knew she could trust her mother if no one else.

Sekyra smiled lovingly at her daughter and put an arm around her shoulder, playing with the tip of her wing to distract her. The two needed to talk, that much was certain, and they were running out of time. The invasion was moving closer, spilling out of the sides from sheer numbers even though 20 of them were slaughtered with every one of their own fighters. There were just too many and now Surisha was able to see her real duty; to plan an escape with her mother and to look out for her family. And for Runa.

Brilliant

Post by Guest »

You can make a fortune from this idea. :-)