*Doing the wolfy slide*

For non-Serian roleplaying (Persona RP and Fanfiction)
The mists around the mountains clear to reveal in their center a ring of stones, an easy landmark for travelers to gather.

Moderator: Tigress

Post by Guest »

:ooc: Eer, maybe I should explain this ahead. It's been a long time since this was brought into play... It's pretty heavy stuff so it's not like you just whip it out every other rp session. ^_^;
Anyway... In the StormWarrior family, each member has a stone forged and bound to them even before conception. It's their Soul Gem. It was a way for her ancestors to live despite anything happening to them. Because you could always be resurrected from your SG. It has a piece of your spirit and soul in it, so even if you destroy the physical body, there's still a chance that the line could continue. The downside is each resurrection something wouldn't work right. You can only keep so much in the gem and each use spent a piece of the spirit/soul spun from it. Like Shelline, Storm's priestess half sister was reborn blind. Storm's son, David was reborn deaf... That sort of thing.
But the Major fault with the soul gem is that if the person dies and the Wrong person gets ahold of the SG, they can control the spirit within the gem. And we aren't talking little wussy powerless carnival ghosties that just go 'Boo!' So it's kind of a scary notion that Storm meets somebody who has the ability to pull spirits out of thin air.

Yeeah... I have a twisted mind and had too much time on my hands. :sulk: Not to mention I'm an old D&D campaigner. *whistles innocently*

:bic:
"Misjudged...? No that's nobody's fault. If you will not allow me to admit to being a faulty fighter than I canna allow you to take the full blame for any of it either. We both had our moments so either we are both to blame or neither of us is." She said matter-of-factly.

Storm's senses swirled at the shadow warriors... Her inner voice ticking.... the shaman in her trying to place them. She felt they weren't supposed to be on this plane but she couldn't get a mental reading on their spirits...

Then...

Before she could power her inner self up to fight the demons, the fight was over and Songhue was muttering to herself. The hair on the back of Storm's neck was standing on end and she frowned, her face losing all color....
"Those.... Were Your doing? You can call up the dead?? Control spirits...?"

She unconsciously put a shaky hand to the heavy silver collar of gems that was always with her... It was usually hidden either by fur or by the collar of her clothing but if one looked carefully, one could see a dark jewel or two looking back at them... Their hearts dark and unfathomable except one would Swear they saw movement deep within them like something trapped inside it.
At the moment, the darkest lapis lazuli seemed to flutter at its heart then go dark again. But not before somebody paying attention could have made out a pair of eyes matching Storm's blink out at the watcher frightened. It was her Soul Gem. The gift and curse of her blood line.... To never Truly die because the stones carried the essence of every family member in it to be reserrected by and controled by anyone with the secret or ability to do so.

She shook off the feeling of dread running into other priests and priestesses caused. This wasn't a Betrayer after all... She was a fae, a creature born of Nature like her ken and clansmen. Not a hume. She exhales a shaky breath willing herself to get a grip. The gem went quiet again.

"I apologize... I... Wasna expecting shadow warriors. Where I come from... They aren't.... ah... Used as sparring partners." She didn't add that they were often used to attack her kind and usually made from others of her family lineage.
She gave a weak shaky smile.

StormSilverWolf
Leader
Leader

Post by StormSilverWolf »

:ooc: Meh... took too long to finish the reply and it logged me out. That last post was from me. >_<
Oh and a Betrayer is.... Oh well, that's another long story. But it's something anybody from the weakest cub to the strongest warrior in the Storm Warrior clan would sweat bullets over. Just think of them as being Gl'Mystica's answer to the guys that burned people at the stake for being heretics crossed with every monster/vampire hunter you've ever heard/read/seen. With more than a touch of Zealous insanity added in there. :shock:
~IMVU- StormAmberWolf~
Peace within.
Your resident Wolfy
~(*~

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

OOC| Sweet history! And those deamon guys are cool, I love your imagination Wolfy. *ponders* Hmmmm, maybe I could tell you about those things that destroyed Songhue's home? There's history there too, just not as well thought out as yours. *blushes*

BIC| Surprised, Songhue whirled at the voice and only when she saw her friend did she remeber that she wasn't really alone. She was so used to it that she'd forgotten about her company while she fought.

The movement brought out a harsh wince, and she found herself truly glad for her high pain tolerance as the stiff muscle pulled, contracted, and cramped around her joint making her fall sideways and land, where else, on her leg. Scowling, she rubbed at the ache and silently cursed her weakness, glad that she hadn't landed at a different angle and popped the whole thing out of socket.

"I'm sorry, I didn't think it'd upset you any," she murmured, her soft voice still crystal clear despite her renewed pain. "I can....choose a partner to fight agianst. It does seem that I'm going to have to upgrade though. I've gone through level 12 quicker than I thought I would. I should have thought about how you aren't a wind sprite though, and might not be used to those sorts of things." It was only here that she dared to look at her new comrade, her eyes soft and sad as she thought of everything she'd done wrong to make Wolfy uncomfortable. "I truly am sorry."

Twitching slightly, she tried to stand agian and motioned with one arm at the far wall, a large, clumsy looking shadow taking shape. She sighed slightly and pulled up a wind that blew right through her flickering self and into the darkness, taking some of her ache with it. It wasn't any good on wounds, but the spell could at least ease her pains. When she'd recovered enough to stop the ground from spinning she closed the portal and looked back at her friend with suddenly closed off eyes. They were almost frightening in their intensity and when she looked at Sparkle this way he'd leave home to be sure he stayed out of her way. These could not be called friendly eyes, though they weren't hostile either, something that most didn't see. They were just guarded.

StormSilverWolf
Leader
Leader

:ooc: Well, I've making up lives well... Let's just say for a Loooong time. Being an only child gave me a lot of time to tell myself stories about the world around me and within me. :1
And as I said, me and this old gal have been through a lot together. It's like your granny's favorite crochet hook... It's old, it's worn and looks Really shiny from being used so much. *chuckles*

:bic:
Storm noticed the younger woman's wincing and frowned stepping forward to help her while one hand quested through her pouchs, knowing the contents from memory and feel.

"Maybe you could show me again what you did... Later. I think I'm still a tad weary from our bout... Would you mind terribly if we rested a moment?" She said trying to help her some but somehow feeling that pride would be an issue.
"I am rather old after all."
She pulled out a couple of apples with a bright healthy sheen to them...
"And it's ok... About the shadows I mean. It's just... Well, where I come from they're bad, evil actually. Unfortunates twisted by others. And few people are capable of controlling them, myself included. Most of my people wouldn't really Want to be in control of them... These spirits."
She finished a little sadly mostly to herself as she sat down cross legged.
"I don't know about among your people or your world... But shadow warriors on my world, among my people... They used to Be among my people. My ancestors... Lost and betrayed and twisted to do ill deeds among the living."
She offered the fae one of the apples before continuing...
"Oh I know these weren't like that... I don't know what they were but I felt no spark within them... No spirit of a former being. It was as if they were Just Shadows... Were they?" She asked the fae not certain what to expect... Hoping the fae could lay to rest the fear in her heart that she could be dangerous to her people. She felt no fear of the fae Personally but of what she might represent... Her hand touched the warm living stones at her throat again. The lapis lazuli seemed to glow slightly with a blue-black gleam.
~IMVU- StormAmberWolf~
Peace within.
Your resident Wolfy
~(*~

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

She was being kind. That helped a little, but Songhue didn't quite know what to make of the apples...though she ate it anyway. The food would help with her strength. There were many questions about her shadow warriors too, something that vaugly surprised her since she'd grown up with them.

"No, they weren't just shadow. They weren't once souls either if that's what worries you. They're....well, me. Every creature has a dark side, and evil one they must battle every day. I was taught to find and conrtol this side...erm, for my own purposes. But we also have levels of evil, up to sixteen, and I'm afraid I have every one. The stronger the foe, the quieter the voice and the more successful. They're the ones that keep you up with doubts and little things that can poison your soul."

Worrying at the apple, Songhue studied the female sitting opposite her. If it were reversed, if a younger one had given her such shock, she would have first lectured then taught as was custom at home. But there didn't seem to be a lecture comming. And there was no questioning of her ability to fight for the ones she dared to love. It was slightly odd, though she'd gotten used to such things since she'd done a good deal between here and her homeland. Perhaps there was reason to hope yet that this friend would return her feelings....but until then, she'd stay guarded.

Eyes flashing, she glanced over the stones but didn't ask. She had her own secrets, her own things that she kept protected. Wolfy was entitled to hers. If anything she of all creatures could understand that, as well as the uncertaintly she'd seen in the female. It was almost sad really, if Songhue had allowed herself that luxery. But that was one of the greater shadows, and at the time it could easily overpower her. So she felt very little at all exept tired and an empty numbness.

StormSilverWolf
Leader
Leader

Listening to what the fae said she bit and nibbled at her apple... Blushing a little embarassed when some of the juice dripped on her front.
"I always seem to wear half of my supper if I'm not paying attention." She grumbled finding a hanky to wipe off the worst of the juice.
"So... You draw the shadow warriors from within? Fascinating! And when you conquer them... Does it lessen the darkness within?" She leaned forward and ate more of the apple waiting, curiosity and her ever present thirst to learn of new things shining in her eyes.
The gems lay cool and calmed again at her throat.
"And you say there are 16 levels... That's all? How.... odd... From much of the darkness I've seen, I would have thought there was much more than that." She frowned, her head tilting as she turned the apple over to chew near the core as she turned the thoughts over in her mind as well.
She finished her apple and picked at the seeds of the core....
"And they're created from your own fears and doubts... Yes that would make sense. Quite logical... If a bit literal. Fighting your inner demons by making them real. I think I rather like the idea. Would make it so much easier than doing it all internally where you're blind and unable to know how much you've accomplished." She toyed with the seeds thinking it over.
"Oh how was your apple by the way? I have to carry some food with me in case I can't find any where I'm at... If I don't eat something I get a tad ill. So Cas or somebody always sneaks something into one of my pouchs. They think I won't know they've been in them but that's just silliness on their part. But as I'm a bit scattered at times and I know they mean well, I let them keep doing it. Besides... I do get hungry so why turn down something nibblicious to eat?" She smiled cheerily and played with the seeds by making swirling patterns on the floor with them. She would have looked very much like a quiet child keeping herself occupied, just as she had done so often as a child, were it not for the strands of silver and grey here and there in her long hair.
~IMVU- StormAmberWolf~
Peace within.
Your resident Wolfy
~(*~