*Doing the wolfy slide*

For non-Serian roleplaying (Persona RP and Fanfiction)
The mists around the mountains clear to reveal in their center a ring of stones, an easy landmark for travelers to gather.

Moderator: Tigress

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

"There's different ways they show themselves," Songhue mumured, experiance tight in her voice. "It may seem like there's many, but there's just the sixteen showing themselves in different forms. And I'm affraid it's not like you think; there's still the internal battles. We can just use our demons for training. There's always a darkness in everyone no matter what you do, but it does help one find peace when you're face to face with them. It only lasts while you're in battle though."

She paused here, thinking, pondering, and finally laid out the seeds; that's all that remained of her apple. Her kind could eat all but seeds, leaving nothing else to waste. "It was good. The apple. But...No, it's not our own fears and doubts we face. It's that side that feeds on them, worsens them, makes you want to give in and just hide from what you think could hurt you. They're a part of every creature, great or small, and the more you indulge them in their feast of pain the greater they are. I try to indulge as little as possible; that's why I faced four instead of one."

She didn't mention that the way she didn't indulge was by not feeling much of anything, or by giving free chances to leave before someone could really hurt her. She was, in all honesty, still waiting for Wolfy to decide she was too frail, or too dark, or too haunted, or simply too intense with those soft blue-grey eyes. Nor did she mention the fact that those inner demons had been used to fuel her after her parents had died. She'd done many things she regretted, none of which she felt would be understood.

Letting her eyes wander over the quickly healing bruise that lay straight out to the side to save her joint any more shock she thought of how extreme others had seen her and of how it'd been so hard to keep those shadows from stealing her inner sun when time after time someone turned away from her. But she had, and she'd made it to her parent's level of control; four or five monters from the same level since they were so rarely fed. She should feel proud of that, she knew, but she only felt sad that it had been so hard for her not to become that which had attacked her home in the first place. It felt like a betrayal of some kind.

"The happier someone is," she explained, simply wanting to talk to better control her thoughts, "The less they have to feed their darkness. But the same shadow, the same demon that twists one thing can just as easily twist something else in a different way and make it feel like there's more. The only reason for fighting them in any physical since is to improve your skill in battle. It does nothing for what's inside."

Ah, well, at least she could improve something. And if nothing else, this new friend would come to hold a better understanding of her. She still dared to hope after all this time, and it was almost bittersweet that she could dare to feel something light at all.

StormSilverWolf
Leader
Leader

Post by StormSilverWolf »

Looking up from the patterns she made with the seeds, her eyes seemed swirl just a bit... So many thoughts and emotions running close to the surface; changing the iris colors so rapidly that they seemed almost to pinwheel.
"Ah... I see. But still I imagine if one were to fight those pieces of the greater demon it would at least Help ease the hold the darkness had on one's spirit."
She looked again at the patterns of the seeds, her eyes haunted...
"There has been many a time I would have given a great deal just to get ahold of one of my own inner demons, if for no other reason than to take out the frustration instead of being helpless to change something..." Like the past... She thought.
She looked again at the woman next to her, hoping she could teach her about this inner strength.
Where Songhue feels little, Storm feels a great deal. Even though she Tries to keep all her thoughts and feelings hidden, most of those who really know her say she fails miserably. But new comers often say she's cold or insensitive because she can see the paths each action may take and where it may lead... She seldom makes a choice or goes any direction with out first 'viewing' what it will mean to all those involved.
"I would be grateful if you could teach me. Just because I have seen many seasons come and go, does not mean I am wise or know all the seasons may have to tell me." :?
~IMVU- StormAmberWolf~
Peace within.
Your resident Wolfy
~(*~

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

"I could try to show you," she said, suddenly motherly. She enjoyed helping others, but it was, as all else, a neutral joy. If she could then she would, and if they didn't want her to then she wouldn't. Neutrality was her salvation.

But for now she had a student, and she had to make it perfectly clear that no matter how much one hoped that physical battle with the monsters inside might help it never did. "There's no release, no matter what level you challenge. You still have to face the creatures in your heart, and the battle's still difficult. All it does is give some satisfaction that you could do more than refuse to listen while they try to poison your soul. But if you wish to see for yourself you can be taught...that is if you have as good an understanding of nature as I think you do."

It was simple really, what was required to learn this skill. You had to be able to feel the souls of all things that were natural down to the smallest fungi. You had to feel and see and live Her balance. You had to see life for what it was, and you had to realize that this life was nothing you could run from. Even the winds had a soul. That's why she grew up eating mainly what the plants offered instead of the plants themselves, though she was known to nip at leavs or the tips of grass. Those things didn't damge the life itself.

"You have to use this to find the power you need, and to find the levels of demons. I think it'd be best for you to start with one level one. But first I need to be sure that you understand what you need to. The easiest way would be for you to see a creature from my home, a graleth. Would you like me to change into one so you could see?"

Breath held, Songhue waited, wondering if Wolfy would remember something they'd spoke of earlier or if she would be left to her own devices. This was interesting, and well worth the effort she'd put into their blooming friendship.

StormSilverWolf
Leader
Leader

Having a strange sense of something bigger at stake here, Storm solemnly nodded and kept her thoughts open even as she braced herself... Somehow, this would be a turning point in both the relationship and her awareness.
Her general being was all about the Cosmic Balance. She did what she had to to help others but the Balance was the center. She might secretly wish it to tilt ever so gently into the side of Good but she was never so naive as to believe that there truly Was such a thing. All things simply Exist. And they have the power to make positive or Negative influences on the universe... And even That she knew was an illusion. Ever was the time Tam would do something with nothing but kindness only to have the end results fail to be the best for all. Many things in Nature seemed brutal but they were needed to keep the system clean and aligned.
So Storm waited mindful that things were in a delicate moment.
~IMVU- StormAmberWolf~
Peace within.
Your resident Wolfy
~(*~

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Smiling, Songhue looked away as if in concentration when in all reality she was truly feeling something again. It was gratitude, a deep seeded gratitude that she'd been left to her own devices instead of being ordered to change. No matter how it was phrased if Wolfy had said to change she would have had no choice. But she'd been left to choose, and the love that called up was enormous. It was also odd for her, so it had more of a toll than it would have had on another. Wolfy'd had control and hadn't used it; because of that she now had someone that would fight to the death for her.

After taking a moment to get this new found warmth in her under control she shimmered and seemed to exist outside of existance. She had one head in one second and another in the next, part of her seeming to be made of fire and part of ice. This creature she'd changed to took it's form baised on thoughts and emotions, and since the mind was never still neither was she. It was impossible, or it seemed to be, but the soft whistling that eminated from her was proof that the graleth was indeed a real creature in her homeland. Now she just had to see how Wolfy reacted to it, and therefor how much she understood about life. Shock or acceptance would decide how they started their lesson.

StormSilverWolf
Leader
Leader

:ooc: *facepalms* Oh That was what she wondered if I would remember! I Totally forgot the leprechaun rule. "If you have a hold of it, you can have power over it." one. Like I would have used it anyway but still, I was totally wondering what it was she was talking about me remembering. I was racking my brains going, 'did she say something about the critter before and I missed it?!'
Be warned, I do tend to think in very literal one-tracked terms. ^^;

:bic: Storm tilted her head and blinked at the creature... She wasn't sure how to take it. She assumed that Songhue wouldn't have brought something dangerous this first time but then again what did she know. Still, she stood silent and watched the creature trying to gage what it would do as opposed to making the first move; much as she had waited to see how Songhue battled before making a move as wolves.

She preferred to have as much information as possible before making a choice one way or another. Though if hard pressed she could and would act without thinking but never really liked that form of doing things. Easier to make mistakes if you move in haste.
So she just stood there watching the creature, bracing herself in case it was dangerous but trusting Songhue.
~IMVU- StormAmberWolf~
Peace within.
Your resident Wolfy
~(*~