Centering

For non-Serian roleplaying (Persona RP and Fanfiction)
The mists around the mountains clear to reveal in their center a ring of stones, an easy landmark for travelers to gather.

Moderator: Tigress

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Songhue took several deep breaths and with an effort that made the air thrum forced her mind under conrtol. Winds stirred lazily as she faught with herself, her breath shuddering in and out of constricting lungs. Emotions. She had no place with emotions, no right to what they brought. No right at all. They made her nervous and uncertain. But they were here and needed dealing with.

"I do count you as a friend, even if I am not counted as one of yours. But I couldn't allow you to interfere; my battles are my own to fight and I won't have you risking yourself for them. This man....has hit me before. I simply wouldn't let him hit you."

She turned to Poison here, worried by the continued silence, and softly touched her arm as she murmured, "I'm sorry all this has happened. I came here to escape all this." Then she turned and became violently ill, her whole body shuddering as she purged herslef. Her hands pressed agianst her eyes she shrank down and tried agian to get control of herself. This was just not her day.

StormSilverWolf
Leader
Leader

Post by StormSilverWolf »

Storm remained with the same guarded look.
"I see. So even though you train and appear to know about battle, you know very little about self preservation."
Seeing the younger one ill, she steps forward, the guarded look dropping for one of worry...
"No man may touch one I am a friend to without her permission. NO ONE. So put the nonsense about your battles are your own down before it becomes dangerous to us all."
She put herself so that Songhue could lean on her and pull from her strength...
"New friend... Know this... Friends are something you can lean on with everything you have. And no one lives in a vaccuum. What harms you harms me simply because it Has harmed you. So the only way I could Possibly remain safe from your foes is if we fight them together. Only then can we Both be safe. Separation is the route to defeat." She gently pulled Songhue's hair back out of the way with her teeth.

She glanced over at Poison and frowned then mumble-whispered to Songhue...
"Is she quite alright? She seems a bit... statued. Why didn't you warn me she was still too young to be left alone...?" She looked at Poison more carefully; wondering if she was perhaps a cub still... She didn't know this new one but understood that one may Look hume but not be at all like one.
~IMVU- StormAmberWolf~
Peace within.
Your resident Wolfy
~(*~

Keira
Elder
Elder

Post by Keira »

OOC: :stress: sorry its been so long since I've been on this story

BIC: Poison couldn't say anything... that face, those angry eyes. She knew them, not that exact person's but someone like that. As a child her 'father' had been like that. He hadn't ever actually hit her but had been violent and menacing and had threatend to kill her on many occasions. His words had been harsh and hateful and had eventually caused her to leave home.

Suddenly aware of the fact that she had been silent for quite some time she shook her head of the memories. "Sorry I was just thinking." She still felt sick but only slightly now. She hoped they would just leave it at that. She couldn't talk about her family... she just couldn't.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Songhue bit down on her tongue, the pain being enough to get her head to stop spinning and looked over at Poison. "Are you sure you're all right? I could help if you're not." With an effort she managed to sit up, and young as she was her eyes were old when she turned to Wolfy.

"I know how to survive in battle; how to stay alive. That's all I need to know. I'm glad you feel the way you do, and that you could care so much. But I can never let you get in harms way because of this. It may be the road to defeat, but it'll be my defeat. That's what matters."

She wiped at her chin absently, then reached down to put a light dusting on her mess. Her hands were shaking and she felt weak, but she still climbed to her feet and refused to show any other sign of her state. What she wanted was to lean against a tree and put her face in her hands until she felt better. What she did was walk to a bush and pluck a few berries to offer her friends.

She hoped that what Poison had been tinking didn't involve something negative about her, but if that was so then there was nothing to be done about it. She thought she'd lost most of Wolfy's respect because she wasn't willing to share her burden, but that couldn't be helped either. The best she could do was attempt to make piece.

The bare faced fact was this however; Songhue felt the same about friends needing to lean on each other. But she wasn't going to be the one leaning. She'd offer support, be strong, and try never to let on about her own weaknesses. When things got to be too bad she had a trick she could revert to. She could pull her mind back, hypnotise herself, become lost in a world she created for only her. She could escape, be it from torture or shock, and when she felt she could handle her load again she could return. She wanted the others to be able to depend on her, and for Songhue that meant she couldn't depend on anyone.

Once she'd worked up a good sized pile she felt her mind returning to itself and had to fight back a wry grin. She'd needed a moment so that's what she'd given herself in her own inner sanctum. Here, she picked a few small berries out of the pile and quiet frankly wolfed them down. She was desperatly trying to stay focused on her friends, but her mind wasn't cooperating.

With a tremendous effort that nearly made her barries come back up she pulled her mind back to the moment. He never hit her hard, not too hard anyway, and she'd known worse over her life. These things were of no consequince to her now. Now, she needed to see what would happen to the life she'd started to build.

OOC| Remember, Songhue's still pretty young. Not terribly young, but young enough to ignore reason for what she feels. And welcome back Poison. :)

StormSilverWolf
Leader
Leader

Post by StormSilverWolf »

:ooc: Yeah, Storm realizes this but she wants the spritely little sprite to understand that she's there no matter what too. Poison I wanted to ask before... Who's anger was your charac triggered by? Storm/Wolfy didn't direct any of how she felt at Poison Ivy (that I understood) so I'm confused at what triggered her brown study... And even then she wasn't mad enough to Kill anybody... Well, maybe choke herself for being 'delapatated'...>>;

:bic:
Storm frowned at the sprite then sighed, shaking her head. How long ago had it been that She was that head strong and alone? She sat down and thought back to when she had had no one to depend on to help save each of her siblings from her mother and realized she hadn't felt that way. She would have given anything then to have even one person she could ask for help, to lean on and trust with helping to protect the others. She sighed sadly again. No she and the sprite were different in this as well... Because though there had been times she Had to do things alone, it was never something she Chose. Somehow she had always known that there was strength in numbers.
~IMVU- StormAmberWolf~
Peace within.
Your resident Wolfy
~(*~

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

OOC| I'm pretty sure she was talking about the human, the male.

BIC| Songhue stood after a moment and fetched more berries, needing the strength and distraction. The silence made her nervous, and trying not to choke on her food seemed like a good item to focus on. Her legs were steadier, and her mind slightly less hazed; at least it was clear enough so she could give herself a serious berating. She wouldn't wish her life on anyone, friend or foe, and certainly she wouldn't wish her fears on them. That they should even come into contact with one made her feel like screaming.

She went back to the others, munching on a few more berries and adding more to the pile for them to share. With an effort she swallowed her nerves and the last of the fruit she could stand and asked, "So why are you two out here, since it's so far from others? I know of a fishing whole not too far off if your up for it."