Cold Toes

For non-Serian roleplaying (Persona RP and Fanfiction)
The mists around the mountains clear to reveal in their center a ring of stones, an easy landmark for travelers to gather.

Moderator: Tigress

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Re: Cold Toes

Post by Vineda »

Vineda was smirking at her victory, not believing her luck at hitting both of her targets when she heard more commotion. Commotion that was moving very quickly through the forest in her general direction. Through the ground she could feel that the Commotion was moving quickly and also that it was hooved...

Uh-oh.

She glanced quickly at the sky and realized her mistake at not watching where her friends had gone once she'd learned they had been hit. She stopped a minute, then turned to start backtracking, then stopped again. She refused to panic. Changing her mind quickly, she turned to one side rather than running straight away from the Commotion. She picked up her pace and ran through the stream quickly, but only for a few beats. She shifted to the shape of a flying squirrel as she leapt from the water, finding a suitable tree and scrambling up it.

She could see twilight hues from her taller vantage point, and familiar wings above the flying sun-hued mane. Quickly, while she still had time, she removed the claws from her squirrel form.

Wait, wait, then leap! as they drew close. Her fall was short and the landing was rough, but she prayed Songhue would not shy. Vineda missed the fae's head by the merest half-inch. Instead she ended up on her shoulder, clinging with all of her clawless strength to the wispy wind-garment Songhue wore.

"Gotchya!" she squeaked with excitement, and pulled herself closer the Songhue's neck so she could better hold on as Sparkle barreled from under her tree.
And I don't know how To slow it down Oh, my mind's racing From chasing pirates.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

She squeaked in surprise as the little squirrel shot towards her head, laughing once the creature proclaimed the victory and scrambled up to her shoulder. That was one thing she hadn't seen coming.

Snorting, Sparkle pranced to a stop and laughed, sinking on his knees to help his bonded slide off.

"Songhue's It!" he bellowed, waiting only until her feet touched the ground to take off once again. "You won't catch me so easily this time!"

Songhue simply stood a moment, letting the others scatter. Her eyes gleamed impishly as she watched the squirrel jump from her shoulder. Oh this would be fun.

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

Vineda jumped from Songhue's shoulder a squirrel, but she quickly shifted again to her owl form before she could fall to the bushes or ground. Working her wings quickly she took off on the lookout for a dragon, or a wolf, or even perhaps a raccoon... She began to realize how hard it must've been on the others as they tried to keep an eye out for a shape-shifter.

On whisper-soft wings she glided through the bushes, circling and unsure. She no longer knew where Path might be, and she'd flown in the opposite direction from Sparkle. She stopped a minute to help herself to a few berries so she wouldn't get hungry in the middle of the game.

And then she spotted a monkey doing the same thing in a different tree a small distance away, and since she wondered if that might just be Shadow Flame she gave a small curious hoot.

Krinlith
Leader
Leader

Post by Krinlith »

Hearing a hoot, Shadow Flame saw Vineda coming close. Seeing what had happened, he waved to her, offering a few berries as she landed.
"That was quite a stunt you pulled back there. Very clever. Now you can have a chance to rest and relax...if only for the moment. One moment." Climbing down again, he gathered some more berries for the two of them and climbed back up, holding his berries with his feet.
"There we are."
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
-Groucho Marx

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Grinning, Songhue stretched and looked up at the sky, giving everyone plenty of chance to scatter. She also gave herself a moment get collected. So, she was It.. Now to figure out how to tag someone else.

Well, first was to make use of these filigree wings of hers. Humming absently, she fluttered up above the bushes, trying to think as she looked around. The mind of a hunter would come in handy here, without a doubt.

Flitting her wings, she moved higher, letting her mind slip into a more feral state. Time for lunch, part of her whispered. Songhue smiled, showing small, sharp fangs as she looked around. This would be fun.

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

A small "Thanks" was all she offered in reply to Shadow Flame at the moment, enjoying companionable silence as they shared the berries. After she'd finished Vineda turned her head around, on alert for anything that moved. And boy did she find it! Nature was sure busy around here! Bugs all buzzed through the air, other birds chattered, small rodents rummaged... Now that she was no longer It, she was paranoid. Jumpy.

"We'd better spread out, I think. She probably makes a very good It, and I want to give her a challenge!" The girl winked a large yellow owl eye at her new friend and glided down to the ground, shifting to her russet fox form - one of her favorites.

She sniffed the air a moment, listened quietly, then set off at a careful trot through the low foliage. "Good luck to you, sir!" she called back with a smirk as she disappeared, eyes already scanning her surroundings thoroughly.