Cold Toes

For non-Serian roleplaying (Persona RP and Fanfiction)
The mists around the mountains clear to reveal in their center a ring of stones, an easy landmark for travelers to gather.

Moderator: Tigress

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Cold Toes

Post by Songhue »

Snapping her beak, the little bird that had once been known as Moath hopped deeper under the bush, searching for some more of those delicious late fall berries.

Gracious but it was starting to chill. The snows would fall, soon, if things kept as they were. Soft, swirling flakes drifting down in lazy curtains, waiting to close around any who walked through them..

She shook the thoughts off with a snap of her beak, twittering mildly. It wasn't snowing as of yet.

For the moment, it was simply cold. She was in a land where most called her Songhue, bonded to three others who knew her as Star Shine and looking for a few last, ripe berries with cold toes.
Last edited by Songhue on Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Re: Cold Toes

Post by Vineda »

A red brown shadow stalked over the frosty ground listening to the rattling of the leaves on the ground as a tiny wisp of wind stirred them around. Vineda loved the hightened senses she got when playing cat. Tastes and smells floated on the wind, whispering and hinting at secrets, and the ground all but spoke to her beneath her sensitive paws. The cold was slowly deepening as the days wore on, and soon white powdery flakes would fall from the sky and coat the world in white.

Faint chirping arose from the other side of a bush and the cat paused in her path. Birds? During her excursions as a cat, never had she seen any on the ground in her presence. One little thought slipped into her head, making a feline grin spread slowly across her face... She could sneak through the bush and surprise the winged chirper. But what an awful surprise that would be for a poor unsuspecting little bird.

Instead she snuck through the bottom branches of the bush, content with the thought of merely watching with interest. It was a tighter fit than she expected... little bush needles stuck into her fur like pins in a pincushion, not pricking but sticking out of her fur in all directions. Half ripe berries from the shaded center of the bush rained down on top of her. The bird was probably long gone by now too. Forced to wiggle her way to the other side, a disappointed, uncomfortable and very undignified Vineda decided that perhaps sneaking wasn't such a good idea after all...
Thus, disheveled and mildly irritated, the cat emerged from under the bushes.
Last edited by Vineda on Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And I don't know how To slow it down Oh, my mind's racing From chasing pirates.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

She hopped about from bush to bush, listening to the plants rustle with wildlife in the cold, still air. Something rustled quite close by, making her glance up just in time to hear the sharp snapping of hooves on the cold ground.

"Gracious, Path, whatever are you doing in the Foothills?"

"Searching for you," the mare snorted. She didn't seem displeased, and yet she didn't appear particularly friendly, either. "Sign has expressed concern for you."

"Ah, so you be here out of duty, then."

"And affection," she nickered, her face softening noticeably. "'Tis no other I be bonded to, fair lady, but thyself."

The little bird's eyes grinned as the mare blinked and snorted, tossing her short mane once she realized her bonded's way of speaking had caught on again. She had no idea why this only ever happened with the small creature, only that it did.

"If ye honestly wish to aid me, dearest Path, then mayhaps help me to find the source of a small commotion I heard not long ago. This little bird may be hunted as of yet."

"Not one of those you speak of, surely?"

"Nay, I think not. Still, curiosity doth clutch me within her wicked grasp."

Krinlith
Leader
Leader

Post by Krinlith »

Licking his chops, ShadowFlame looked around, searching for a body of water to quench his thirst. As he searched, he came across a small creek. Sniffing the water a bit to make sure it wasn't stagnant, and being satisfied, he began happily lapping up water, quenching his deep thirst. Hearing a bit of rustling in a nearby bush, Shadowflame perked his ears, turning his head toward the bush, moving forward cautiously. Seeing a cat come out of one side of the bush looking rather disheveled and having many thorns stuck in her fur, he chuckled a bit to himself and decided to introduce himself. Stepping forward cautiously, the dark furred wolf spoke up. "Hello, there. Are you alright?"
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
-Groucho Marx

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

OOC| Ack I'm sooo sorry it took me so long to get back to you >.< Also sorry it's a bit rushed... :oops: :out: Welcome ShadowFlame! :D

Wide cat eyes peeked almost desperately out from under the bush, looking out for any sign of others nearby. Even were she not playing cat Vineda would've been embarrassed by her appearance. Her fur was definitely no longer smooth and spotless, but riddled with needles and bits of dirt sap and berry that had rained down on her. I probably look like some obnoxious hound, she thought with a disdainful sniff.

Her breath caught a little as her sensitive nose caught a jumble of scents. Hairs, already having been through so much today, stood on end. A short distance away was a serian! Serian-watching was her favorite activity, especially these days when it was so rare to see any. This one certainly looked like a force to be reckoned with! The small cat-shadow wavered slightly, crouching under her bush as she considered her options... make friends? watch, as usual? leave and find something else to do?

And then another smell caught her attention a split second before the wolf stepped out on front of her. Surprise and only the slightest bit of fear flooded her, breaking her concentration and making her forget everything else. A small yowl escaped her and hair stood on end to the extreme, doubling her size in appearance. Realizing the wolf was simply standing there, talking to her - meaning her no harm apparently - she slowly put her claws away and she stepped slowly out of the shadow of the bush.

What would the wolf think to have a human sitting in front of him all of a sudden, where a split second before had been a cat? She was sure glad she didn't have to find out the hard way! With a twitch of her tail, Vineda sat down and looked the wolf in the eye. "Aye, I be just fine thank you. Who are you to be sneaking up on unsuspecting cats, then? A right dirty trick, methinks. Have you a name, Mr. Big-Bad Wolf?" Rudeness covered her still hammering heart and her now crushed pride, though it was quite unintentional. Perhaps she'd been playing cat for too long now... it was beginning to rub off.

(Edited for spelling)
Last edited by Vineda on Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And I don't know how To slow it down Oh, my mind's racing From chasing pirates.

Krinlith
Leader
Leader

Post by Krinlith »

Being a bit taken back by the cat yowling, as well as her bit of rudeness, ShadowFlame blinked a bit, deciding to pay no mind to it. "I apologize if I scared you. My name is ShadowFlame. If my form offends, I can change it. Perhaps this would be better?" With very little effort, ShadowFlame's form began shifting, his fur becoming jet black, as he became larger. What was once a grayish black wolf was now a black panther. Flicking his tail a bit, he lay down in front of her.
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
-Groucho Marx