Cold Toes

For non-Serian roleplaying (Persona RP and Fanfiction)
The mists around the mountains clear to reveal in their center a ring of stones, an easy landmark for travelers to gather.

Moderator: Tigress

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Re: Cold Toes

Post by Songhue »

The faintest of coy grins lit the quiet doe's face before she shimmered, flickered and she once again rested upon her bonded's ear. The small, wisp frail voice drifted just above the sound of rustling grasses as the air around her settled.

"Spider, so in lays the answer. 'Tis not the most kissable of beings, to many a creature."

Sparkle simply grinned, flicking his ear slightly as she made her way back down to his forelock so as not to tickle him. She was, as ever, a bit strange in her ways.

"Another I have then, inspired again by my bonded.

The part of the bird
That is not in the sky,
Which can swim in the ocean
And always stay dry."

Krinlith
Leader
Leader

Post by Krinlith »

A sly grin spread across Shadow Flame's face. "It would be it's shadow. I have another that you might enjoy." Shaking off his fur for a moment, he cleared his throat.

"My first, tho’ water, cures no thirst,
My next alone has soul,
And when he lives upon my first,
He then is called my whole."
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
-Groucho Marx

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

A small sneeze was all that broke her stillness as she answered, "I do like this style of riddle. 'Tis a seaman. And here is a riddle in return.

I washed my feet in water
That wasn't rained or run
I dried them with a towel
That was neither wove nor spun."

Ears pricked eagerly forward to hear its answer and perhaps another riddle.
And I don't know how To slow it down Oh, my mind's racing From chasing pirates.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

The silence spun for an eternity. The spider that rested on Sparkle's forelock shifted her weight, reluctant to rule this competition of words. The issue was settled when Sparkle gave a slight toss of his head and sent her rolling down between his shoulders.

"Dew on a leaf, I do believe."

"Ah, of course. Well then, another to ponder, for the pleasure of all.

For some I go fast
for others I'm slow.
To most people, I'm an obsession
relying on me is a well practiced lesson.

What am I?"

Songhue smiled between the stallions shoulders as he recited the riddle. This one, at least, was not one she had given him to ponder.

Krinlith
Leader
Leader

Post by Krinlith »

"I believe the answer is 'Time'."
Sitting up and thinking for a moment, Shadow Flame smiled as a new riddle came into his mind.
"This riddle is fairly simple, but it's still fun, I think. What is it that you can keep after giving it to someone else? " he said, projecting his voice well.
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
-Groucho Marx

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

Multiple answers buzzed around in Vineda’s head as she considered this last riddle. There were many possibilities, she thought. Laughter, a smile, knowledge, love… She couldn’t hold back her amusement as she thought a cold could certainly satisfy this riddle, and her loud chuckle escaped as she looked at ShadowFlame.

Her gaze shifted to the others and she confessed, “I am not sure of this answer. Though love and knowledge - or perhaps one’s word - seem to be the most probable answers, I rather like the less probable answer that just crossed my mind: a cold." Her eyes still crinkled in amusement, she looked to her companions and paused and considered.

In a quiet voice she knew all would hear, she returned the challenge.
"I have another riddle to share:
There are four brothers in this world, all born together. The first runs and never wearies. The second eats and is never full. The third drinks and is always thirsty. The fourth sings a song that never ends.
Who are these brothers?”

Her sly grin held as she waited eagerly for the answers.
And I don't know how To slow it down Oh, my mind's racing From chasing pirates.