Cold Toes

For non-Serian roleplaying (Persona RP and Fanfiction)
The mists around the mountains clear to reveal in their center a ring of stones, an easy landmark for travelers to gather.

Moderator: Tigress

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Re: Cold Toes

Post by Songhue »

Sparkle reared again, snorting loudly as the wolf suddenly appeared in mid-air. He was more excited than startled, but if one looked they could still see his eyes grow slightly rounder as he spun on his back legs and shot off at an angle.

Sign took her cue from her bond mate, whinnying shrilly as she ran in the opposite direction as instinct dictated. It was the stallion that stayed to face the fear, so safety was in the other direction.. Unless it was a game of tag, but her olden times mind never shut down even for such a thing as that.

Songhue burst from her friend's mane with a laugh, scattering in still another direction, allowing one leg to hang in the air as her wings beat furiously. The tanager was a ground bird, not meant for much flight, but that didn't make her a stranger to the skies. Just a little slow.

Where had the others gone?

Krinlith
Leader
Leader

Post by Krinlith »

Looking behind him, Shadow Flame changed directions again, trying to see if he had been followed. Suddenly giggling like a child about to be caught doing something he ought not to, Shadow Flame realized just how close he had come to being "It". Though he didn't mind a good hunt, he was enjoying the thrill of being the prey, without actually being prey.

But perhaps he was letting his mind wander too much. He had just realized that he was standing still for a full minute, without realizing it. Taking off again, he tried to think of different strategies and evasion tactics. Perhaps he was over thinking this, he thought, as he went around another tree and off in a new direction. He should just go with things, he decided. Instead of trying to out-think or out-strategize anyone, he would simply go with the flow.

He grinned a wolfish grin, as he continued to run.
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
-Groucho Marx

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

Vineda turned around to catch the disappearing glitter of two brightly hued tails, and to hear shrill whinnies that were probably due to the appearance of a hunter. And then! She saw a small bird in the form she had last seen Songhue in flitting away from the sunmare's direction. How sneaky!

She settled on the branch, folding her little wings to allow a small moment of thought and rest. She shifted like the flicker of a candleflame into a horned owl, trading her small size for a larger one and hoping that silent wings would help make up for the difference. She figured that if she were to have any chance at catching that little bird this would be it, and it was lots of fun shifting so radically between sizes! The whole world appeared to change! Not all so long ago, she would've been extremely uncomfortable with such a dramatic change...

Ruffling her tawny feathers, she took wing in the direction she had seen the tanager heading. She started out a bit slowly, feeling like she was in slow motion after zipping around as a hummingbird. But after a few wingstrokes, she began gliding and angling through the grabby branches quietly enough to sneak up on a mouse...
And I don't know how To slow it down Oh, my mind's racing From chasing pirates.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

She made her way down into a bush, her natural terrain in this form, and sat still, listening intently. She had lost sight of her friend while drifting away from Path and could no longer hear anything that would give her away.

Songhue felt no disturbance in the air, nothing that would indicate her friend being on the hunt. There was no mad scrambling chasing run, no stalking feline.. No indication of the woman at all as far as the winds could tell her.

Ruffling her wings, she carefully edged her way out from under the bush, grinning to herself as she saw Path and Sparkle circle to a stop and glance around, the distant sound of trotting hooves over hard ground reaching her. A silent shadow drifted over her as she glanced about for a small humming bird or a stalking ground critter, those forms she knew her friend to have. She thought nothing of the shadow - most likely a cloud or some such thing.

Krinlith
Leader
Leader

Post by Krinlith »

Finally plopping down at the base of a tree, Shadow Flame panted heavily as his body reminded him that it existed. He didn't bother to hide; Being out of breath, he figured if it was his turn to be caught, then he was to be caught. All that running had finally caught up with him.

As he lay there, he wondered who would be tagged. His breath finally caught up to him after a few minutes, and he shifted into his raccoon form, hiding in a nearby bush. He decided to take a peek, poking his head very cautiously out of the bush and looking around. Satisfied that Vineda was not nearby, Shadow Flame settled back into the bush and curled up with a yawn.
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
-Groucho Marx

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

She was lucky the winds weren’t more active here between the bushes, or they’d be tattling on her! Path and Sparkle stopped running just far enough away that it was unlikely she could catch them before they spotted her. She’d need something faster to keep up.

Circling overhead, she didn’t even notice the little tanager hiding away in the brush. The owl enlarged her circle, thinking and looking out for Shadowflame. He seemed to have disappeared very effectively. She glided through a few more loops around the area…

Until Vineda glided between two branches and came – once again – face to face with a raccoon. He seemed about to take a nap, but Vineda hardly noticed this. This time, she knew better. She acted faster and got the heck out of dodge, high-tailing it in the other direction without even waiting for the shriek of surprise and outrage she was sure was coming. Her feathers took on a russet undertone without her willing it, and if she’d been wearing her human form she’d have been beet red.

She swerved around a few nearby bushes and headed quickly in a new direction, attempting to recover any shreds of cover she still had. She disappeared momentarily into a nearby pine tree, perching quickly and ruffling still-russet feathers furiously and looking through the needles to see if she’d been spotted. Raccoons! she thought with an angry huff.
And I don't know how To slow it down Oh, my mind's racing From chasing pirates.