Cold Toes

For non-Serian roleplaying (Persona RP and Fanfiction)
The mists around the mountains clear to reveal in their center a ring of stones, an easy landmark for travelers to gather.

Moderator: Tigress

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Re: Cold Toes

Post by Songhue »

For the first time in a coon's age the stallion let his mind go, releasing the firm control on his own consciousness. The solid, steel spined stallion mind was gone again, as was the careless heart of a foal he had so long clung to. He, as with the others bonded to the strangeling, was known to lose himself in the element of the chase.

Lose himself he did, laughing wildly as he crashed headlong through the forest, jumping a dead tree, ducking a sapling's low branches, winding around sudden stones jutting through the ground heavy with moss. He ran, not in a straight line or zig zag, but with the land, with the forest, with the foothills. Strange as this area was to him, it was nearly as if he knew each little dip before it approached, his movements fluidly rapid.

Songhue could only hold on, a low, steady thrumming hum echoing behind them as she sang into the wind that encompassed her tiny form.
Last edited by Songhue on Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Krinlith
Leader
Leader

Post by Krinlith »

Clinging to her mane, Shadow Flame found himself laughing like the little mischievous pixie he was. The sudden turn had made his heart race just as fast as Vineda and Sparkle had been running. He could feel it thrumming in his tiny chest, the grin spreading to his entire face as he felt the wind rush past him.
With the rush of excitement, he began to forget everything else, save the race. Thrusting one tiny fist in the air, he yelled "Woohoo!" and held on tight again, almost losing balance. That was too close for comfort. "Perhaps I better just hold on for now." he thought to himself.
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
-Groucho Marx

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

Vineda laughed hard as she heard the cry and felt her little passenger waver just a little. She was now racing back near full speed, and there were many obstacles. "Hold on tight my friend! We are in for a bumpy ride!"

She hesitantly put a light charm of fastening on her forelock so it might help him to hold on in a bind, though it would break readily should he wish to leave. Never before had she used any magic on another besides herself, and she felt very nervous, very reluctant to do so. But she valued her new friend enough that she did it anyway and would face him steadily if he should be angered.

She hurdled through the trees, uttering another whinny at Sparkle - a war cry this time. It was time for another to take a turn at It, and she was determined it should be him. He'd not had a turn yet, after all. Under and over branches, through leaves, around and over rocks...

Hey joy in the race balanced her grim determination as she felt the tiredness waiting behind the exhilaration, and she reveled in the feel of lightness that drifted out from Sparkle. She was so glad to see him enjoying himself!

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

OOC| Sorry guys had to post again cause i'm an impatient lil imp; yes an aware :oops: :)

Weaving a complex path through the forest, one could feel the earth like many spirits all around. Vineda also was aware of her friends' hearts beating as quickly as her own; she felt very connected to them all of a sudden. The gladness washed through her quickly, like a light rainshower that left her feeling somehow new.

Again came the whispers in her mind, and she centered herself as she moved, running like a river through the land. Her path was a swirl of seeming confusion, put it had a pattern to it and gently, ever so gently drew closer to her quarry.

She drew about even a few spans away and waited for an opening. Thankfully one came quickly; she knew if she waited too long Sparkle would find a way to pull ahead. When no rocks or branches were between them, she leapt sideways, right next to him as though they were a team. She laughed and bobbed her nose to his neck, then leapt away again with a wink. "Gotchya!" she whispered, leaving it to her little friend to announce aloud the change in roles as she caught her breath and wondered if Shadow Flame would leave or if he were content to stay.
And I don't know how To slow it down Oh, my mind's racing From chasing pirates.

Pierre Monteux
Regular
Regular

Post by Pierre Monteux »

A small shimmer of light flashed in a small clearing, a small distance away from the end of the race. When the light faded a young man, dressed in a dark brown robe, that covered his head was standing there. He held a staff in his left hand, and an oversized bag in his right. He stood there a minute, and looked around. If his hood wasn't pulled so far forward over his face, a look of confusion would be see. Now wait a second. I wasn't supposed to end up in a forest, he said to himself softly.

Pierre walked over to a fallen tree on the edge of the clearing, sat down. He rested his staff against the log, and set his bag down on the ground, after pulling a book out of it. He quickly began reading a passage mumbling words that could not be understood. Ah...hmm....no. It wasn't that. Hmm, maybe I put a little to much work on that rune, maybe not enough on that one. Hmm. There must be something I missed.
さよなら

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Snorting, the stallion skidded to a stop as he felt the faintest whisper of touch on his neck, whinnying out a laugh as he burst into a small clearing. A thought burst, bright as a sun flair, through Songhue's mind as he skid his way across the opening, making her laugh out loud, a sound like a merry breeze through dew dropped chimes.

No fair! I wasn't given a chance to react!

Chuckling, the minature sylph climbed up between his ears, her small voice tickling him as she leaned against an ear like one would a tree.

Had such a chance been given there would not be a change of targets, as you well know dear Sparkle.

"Exactly," the stallion grinned, and turned to rear on his back legs and trumpet his capture. More laughter came from his forelock, making him grin broadly as he landed and, finally, looked about.

He almost overlooked the stranger with the book. Almost, but not quite. With a flick of his tail he decided the game could pause for this mystery, or perhaps gain a new player.

Moving carefully, he lowered his head in welcome and stepped closer, ears perked curiously as he studied this strange, hooded male. The faintest of tickling rustles informed him the tiny glowing sylph had burrowed back into his bright mane, hiding from the strange face as he explored the new creature.
Last edited by Songhue on Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.