Cold Toes

For non-Serian roleplaying (Persona RP and Fanfiction)
The mists around the mountains clear to reveal in their center a ring of stones, an easy landmark for travelers to gather.

Moderator: Tigress

Krinlith
Leader
Leader

Re: Cold Toes

Post by Krinlith »

Flying off of Vineda's head, Shadow Flame shifted to his wolf form, sitting in front of the new stranger. Taking in his scent and committing it to memory quietly, he finally opened his mouth after almost a minute. "Hello. My name is Shadow Flame. Do you need assistance?"
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
-Groucho Marx

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

Vineda startled at this abrupt appearance of a stranger and the abrupt halt of the game, returning to her usual form of a young woman before she'd even realized. With an even paced walk she approached the stranger, following Shadow Flame's path and halting. She noted Songhue's apparent disappearance and the slight flicker of Sparkle's mane, though no wind was blowing at the moment.

Her surprise made her wary, and she sent out her hearing all around. There was no sign of others that she could tell, and she mentally chided herself for being so quick to doubt. She reminded herself that she, too, had stumbled upon this place unwittingly - as had many others, she was sure. And she had been so grateful for the kindness shown her by those she met here.

Curious, she called out in a voice warm and even, "Greetings, stranger! And well met! How fares thee this day?" She waited to see if he gave Shadow Flame an answer, also willing to help if she could. Her breathing was still a bit heavier than normal from the race, and she leaned against a young tree as she inspected this apparently confused stranger.
And I don't know how To slow it down Oh, my mind's racing From chasing pirates.

Pierre Monteux
Regular
Regular

Post by Pierre Monteux »

Pierre looked up, surprised by how fast he was not alone. I must have startled them when I came through, he thought quickly. He saw the source of the second voice, a young woman, and stood up at her greeting. He looked down at the wolf in front of him, a bit puzzled as he thought it spoke, but he decided that he must still be a little confused from the magic he had just done.

Pierre quickly regained his wits, and returned the greeting. With a small bow he saidMonteux, at your service. I'm just a little lost. I was working with a newly discovered rune, but it seems to be a little more powerful than I expected. Could you, or Master Shadow Flame, , (he remembered the name, he just assumed he misheard where it came from), Could you tell me what country this is.

He could tell he was a good distance from home, as the trees were altogether different than the ones in his country. He leaned on his staff, waiting for an answer, trying to look calm, even though he knew that he could be anywhere.
さよなら

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Sparkle watched silently, apparently overlooked by just about everyone. That was fine; easier to observe.

At least the stranger seemed cordial enough. Perhaps he could be convinced to stay a while.

"Sionayra, of the lands of Rhyandrithae," he said, lifting his head slightly as his melodious voice carried easily across the small opening in the woodland. "You are welcome to stay a while, traveler, at least as far as I and my bonded are concerned. We were playing tag, actually, when you showed up."

With that, the stallion swung his head around to eye the little wolf, a mischievous smile tugging at his muzzle as he did. "And I know just who I plan on tagging next."

Pierre Monteux
Regular
Regular

Post by Pierre Monteux »

This time Pierre was sure of it. The horse, well not quite a horse, on the slope a little bit away just spoke to him. Pierre had heard stories of talking animals, but they had always been just that. Maybe now and then an animal highly endowed with wit might be able to say a few things, never with as much intelligence as what he just heard. Pierre kept all of this in the back of his mind, trying to keep a calm expression. Sionayra, of the lands of Rhyandrithae? Pierre repeated, trying to act normal even though this was a new experience. I think I traveled much father than I expected. You wouldn't by chance know which way Rofehavan, Indhopal, or Inkarra is?

Pierre expected it was too far to hope. He must be beyond the ends of the earth, since that was the only place unexplored enough talking animals could exist unless...he shuddered slightly. Unless he ended up in another world or another time.
さよなら

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

She watched closely, if no longer warily. The undercurrent flowing from this man was one of unease, and she knew how terrified she was to find a land so strange and so unknown.

With a slight shake of her head, she replied sympathetically, "I have not heard of any of those lands, I fear, but there are so very many. Mayhap one of my companions knows of them. Never fear, traveller. All shall work itself out in time. It seems likely to me that such things happen not solely by chance. Might I inquire as to your name?"

She dipped slightly in a slightly formal motion reminiscent of a curtsy or a bow, nodding her head. Mentally she shook her head at herself. No matter how long she'd spent away from her home, their ingrained lessons of formality still stuck with her.

Wanting to make the stranger more at ease, she took the liberty of introducing their small company, nodding to each in turn and smiling gently in welcome. "I am called Vineda, and my friends are Shadow Flame, whom you've already met, Sparkle, and I believe Songhue was around here somewhere." She left the fae's location vague, in case she wished not to reveal herself. She wondered at her old friend's apparent newfound shyness.
And I don't know how To slow it down Oh, my mind's racing From chasing pirates.