Cold Toes

For non-Serian roleplaying (Persona RP and Fanfiction)
The mists around the mountains clear to reveal in their center a ring of stones, an easy landmark for travelers to gather.

Moderator: Tigress

Pierre Monteux
Regular
Regular

Re: Cold Toes

Post by Pierre Monteux »

Pierre took in the information slowly. Thankyou for your help. I am Pierre Monteux. He stood a second unsure as to what say. Finally he scratched his chin and said I do hope things work out soon. I will not forget our meeting here though. I think though for now, I'm going to try to go back the way I came in.

After he finished speaking he started etching weird drawings on the ground with his staff. Most of the drawings were round, but as he continued, they became interconnected into one drawing. A couple minutes later, Pierre took a large step into the middle of the drawing. Farwell, I will return if I am able. There was a small flash of light, and Pierre was no longer standing there. He had moved about 20 feet north.

Looks like I'm going to be here a while now. He said with a slight sigh. You might as well continue your game for a while, I need to figure out what I did wrong.

At that he walked back over to the log he was sitting on earlier, and sat down again, getting his book out again.
さよなら

Krinlith
Leader
Leader

Post by Krinlith »

Taking a moment to to study the newcomer, Shadow Flame could see he was nervous, and understandably so. "If you require assistance, you need but to ask, and you shall have it."
Turning back to Vineda and Sparkle, he spoke again. "Shall we continue with the game, or shall we try to assist him more? Mayhaps one of us would be able to help him get to where he wishes to go. What say you?"

Sitting once more, Shadow Flame wagged his tail slowly back and forth, perking his ears and rotating them back towards Pierre curiously, listening to him flip through the pages. Turning his ears back towards his friends, he concentrated on them once more. He couldn't help but watch newcomers with a bit of caution. It was the habit of a warrior, as well as his feral instinct to watch all newcomers. Pierre seemed nice enough, however, so Shadow Flame relaxed himself once more.
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
-Groucho Marx

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

"You have to add a rune."

The small, whispering voice slipped out of Sparkle's mane as the air shimmered slightly, suddenly revealing a small spider resting upon his ear. Pale and dappled, the spitting spider moved ever so slowly down to nestle right between her bonded's eyes.

"The magics here, the ones woven into the very air filling thy noble chest, exist on a different level. Thine magics need to be adjusted to move in, through, or around the ones in these lands without forcing thee to land in this realm. It is.. Like the currents of the seas, the way the magics are. It cannot be done that one may cut straight through a strong current; such forces demand to be respected and worked with."

She fell silent after her little speech, an unusual occurrence for her in such a form as she had. She had spent much time studying the lands here as well as the various creatures and so held a vague understanding of the forces around them. The full scope of power was beyond her comprehension, however, a fact she was perfectly comfortable with.

Sparkle twitched his tail slightly, rather irritated that his bonded had placed herself where she had. He couldn't see her and it would be far too easy for harm to come to her, should she leave him now.

In any case, he thought Shadow Flame's question answered. Or at least partly. With a mild snort, he turned from the grouping and faded into the background, giving Songhue a moment to get over the sudden surprise of the stranger's appearance and gather her courage once again.

She was, herself, a cautious creature.

It took her a fair few moments to collect her thoughts and readjust her mindset. It was the lands of Sionayra she resided in at the moment - the haven within Rhyandrithae. No danger would be pulled through the magic lands or barriers. There was no reason to twitch in fear or hide in her smallest of all forms.

A small twitch of her legs was all Sparkle needed for a signal, a quiet nicker escaping him as he lowered his head and let her climb down onto a bare patch of earth. The air shimmered once again, a faint light flashing from where the spider had been, finally revealing a butter cream pale doe with very light dappling over her hide.

Twitching her ears cautiously, she stepped forward one again with Sparkle standing next to her, his head lowered slightly as if to listen or submit. Songhue walked with her head high and eyes bright, though she limped ever so slightly on her over worked leg. By now she was used to the illness in her limb and paid it no mind when it caused her trouble.

Sparkle stayed close, his head arched down to heed any sign, signal or murmur from the doe beside him. Though it would indeed be easy to mistake him as being submissive, it would only take a second look to note this wasn't the case. It was as if he was a soldier waiting for a general's command.

Songhue, however, merely stopped a few feet from the others, knowing she had missed the stranger's - Sir Monteux's? - initial reaction and waiting for whatever came next.

Pierre Monteux
Regular
Regular

Post by Pierre Monteux »

Pierre nodded at the information presented to him. I was afraid that it was something like that. He sighed slightly, but stopped, a small smile on his face. He pulled back his hood, and let the sunlight show his face for the first time since he had been there. Sometimes the biggest opportunity comes from something not asked for, and I'll be a fool not to stay a while. Though it looks like I'll have to by default. He paused a second, thinking. Go ahead about your game, I'll be close by, studying. Given what I've seen in a few minutes, it will probably be at least a few months before I come close to understanding the magic here. Thank-you for your help, I'll let you know if I need something.

He sat back down on the log, and waited. The magic was strong here. Strong, but different. It would take time to channel.
さよなら

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

Vineda considered a moment; her caves opened to many other places and lands at need. They were unpredictable, but it was a possibility. But if this stranger was anything near as stubborn as she was, he might simply want to get his runes right. She sent him a bright smile and a chuckle, then turned to her friends.

"Well, are we still game for tag? Or would anyone like a different game?" On a whim, she left an open offer to the stranger, "I believe you would be welcome to join us as well, Sir Monteux, if you wanted a rest from your work."

She also wondered what other games were favorites here. Their game was already a bit like hide-and-seek. She considered suggesting a treasure hunt or another water game, but waited to see what the others thought.

She shot Sparkle another wink and a mischievous smile, pleased that she had been able to catch him. She'd have to be extra careful, though, from now on. For she would tire quickly after having used so much up to catch the swift stallion.

Gathering herself subtly (in case any sudden decisions were made), Vineda considered her options and poised to shift... perhaps to a fox again or a swallow.
And I don't know how To slow it down Oh, my mind's racing From chasing pirates.

Pierre Monteux
Regular
Regular

Post by Pierre Monteux »

Pierre laughed a little at the request to join in the fun. No, I think I'd better observe a little first before participating. Given the number of surprises I've had in the past hour, I don't want to add to them immediately.

He picked up his book again, his staff lying across his lap. Something was different about the magic here, and he wanted to isolate it. He sat there reading the book, but listening very closely to the decision that was soon to be made.
さよなら