Marrok, The Wanderer (Open)

For non-Serian roleplaying (Persona RP and Fanfiction)
The mists around the mountains clear to reveal in their center a ring of stones, an easy landmark for travelers to gather.

Moderator: Tigress

Foxyfireswings
Leader
Leader

Re: Marrok, The Wanderer (Open)

Post by Foxyfireswings »

Running beside him just that short distance had drained so much of her energy, making it across the water Athena collapsed just behind him, spasms of pain raking along her back and down her legs. Instinct took over as she tried to rise, her eyes going blurry again, everything blacking out for a second she fell back against the ground. Across the small stream the evil ones stood, their shadowy figures rising and falling as they approached the stream, one stepped forward coming close to the water but never touching it lifting its head it screamed in a shrill roar of anger.
Athena lifted her head, her ears were drawn back against her head as she summoned the energy to growl in a raspy voice, "They...... can not be killed....., they are shadows of others from another world." Gasping at the effort she summoned all the strength she had left almost falling again as she stumbled forward sharp knives coursing through her blood, "We are not safe here.....we must...your friend.." Stepping beside him and taking a fleeting look at the creatures behind them her eyes were panicked, and desperate. She could feel her body going cold from the poison, the fire that ran along her back was starting to fall out and turn a gray cold color, inside her human form was unconscious. Her legs folded against her will as she crumbled to the ground, unable to rise, she shook her head back and forth not knowing what to do. Across the stream the creatures had started growling in joy. A whimper escaped her jaws as she laid her head down.
Each day is a gift and not a given right.

waterlily
Leader
Leader

Post by waterlily »

OOC| I started typing and did not stop for an hour. LOL O_o

BIC| Marrok did not know what to do. How do you fight a foe that cannot be killed? And in the wounded state they are in no less. His eyes burned a bright blue. His fur begins to stand on end. The rush of energy has enveloped his body and that of Athena as well. His eyes burned so bright it was as if the sun itself shown through them. The creatures across the way cover their faces as the bright blue light burns with ferocious intensity. So much energy. Anger and Fear both consume him. Their bodies begin to rise off the ground. Marrok lets out a howling call so loud it echoes through time itself.

In an instant they are transported to a frozen tundra. In front of them a cave with a shimmering entrance. A magic barrier protects the entrance. The shift in time and space drained Marrok of everything he had. He passes out right next to an already knocked out Athena. Emerging from the cave a rather large yeti. He lets out a harrowing roar and then proceeds to pick up both Marrok and Athena and bring them inside. The cave appears to be a home of modest nature. Furniture made of wood. Many blankets made of animal fur. An apothecary with many jars filled with all kinds of things. Whoever lived here must be a maker of potions.

Stepping out of another room, a small older human with a very long white beard and humble clothing. With the flick of his wrist the almost nonexistent fire in the room blazes fiercely to warm the entire cave. He makes his way over to the giant Yeti holding two large wolves. He looks at Marrok, feeling his underbelly and examining his wounded leg. *There is nothing I can do for him, put him over there.* He then turns to Athena, whose fiery fur is almost all gray along with a deathly scent about her. *This one. Interesting. She has been poisoned. But not this wolf, something underneath the wolf. Hmmm. Bring her.*

The yeti puts Marrok down on a pile of soft animal fur. He then follows the old man into a back room. Athena is gently placed on a bed and covered with a blanket. *You must go out and find an Etherial Flower. They bloom in the hills at the base of this mountain. Go now and hurry. She does not have long.* The yeti swiftly exits. The old man goes over to his apothecary and mixes several items together chanting in a strange language as he combines ingredients. He then heads back over to Athena. She looked to be almost dead. *I see now,* the old man uttered to himself. With just the touch of his palm to her forehead Athena transformed into her human form.

You can now see the poison in her veins. It was gray and covered her entire body. Her fiery red hair was a dull red and her breathing was almost nonexistent. He lifts her head and gets her to drink his concoction. she begins to glow a yellowish hue. *That is all I can do for her right now.* He comes back out to the main room and grabs a jar of something off the shelf and heads over to Marrok. *Well friend. It seems you came to the right place just in time.*

He opens the wolf's mouth and begins droplets of this gooey green stuff. Marrok begins to lick at the substance. With every drop he can feel his energy returning to his body. *Rest now. You will feel better in no time.* Hours pass and Marrok begins to awaken. His eyes blurry, but he can smell where he is. He slowly sits up and then he yells *Hermit.* The old man emerges from the other room. *What happened Hermit?* The old man sits near the fire. *You apparently teleported to my front door. Your friend was ill and the transport drained you to the point of exhaustion.*

*My friend, how is she?*

*She is resting in the other room. The poison that was in her almost killed her. But you made it here in time for me to heal her.*

Marrok is relieved. *What are you talking about...teleportation? I posses no such ability.*

*Well the energy was yours. That I could sense. But the magic was old. Very old. It seems a new ability you have discovered. Something asleep within you. Something passed down maybe. From parent to child. The situation must have been dire to awaken something so powerful.*

*You do know you're crazy...right Hermit?*

*Of this I am aware.* The Hermit laughs a creepy old man laugh. *Shall I change you back so that you can heal fully?*

*No.* Marrok shouts. *I want her to see a familiar face when she awakens. The last thing she saw was this.* Marrok heads towards the room where Athena rests.

*You may not recognize her. The poison was not meant for the wolf, but the human in her.*

*What are you yammering about old man?* Marrok walks into the room and takes a step back. There is a human woman in the bed. The only resemblance to the wolf he knew was her red hair.

*I was trying to explain. She is a wolf with a human inside her. Similar to you, but different still. She can control her ability. You are still a mystery to me.*

Marrok did not know what to think. Is she like him? Has he finally found what he has searched so long for? Another like him. *I will stay in here until she wakes up.* Marrok's mind was racing with so many thoughts and questions. The one prevailing thought was that Athena wakes up. He proceeds to lick her bare shoulder and then settles on the floor next to the bed. With everything that has happened, Marrok still manages to fall asleep.

The hermit mumbles too himself, *She is not like him. Something hides in him. He is the only one that can unlock the truth. Now where have I read about animals that can teleport.*

Foxyfireswings
Leader
Leader

Post by Foxyfireswings »

(LOL :) )

Athena drifted in and out of sleep, images of her past ran through her mind. She would feel hot then cold, and she figured that it was the after affects of the poison. Slowly surfacing to awareness, she opened her bright golden eyes, and looked up to see high earthen ceiling, blinking she turned her head to look around, the room was decorated plainly with the furs of animals and strange plants.

The scent of fresh earth and a sweet sticky scent that she couldn't recognize floated through the air. The earthen walls reminded her of a den, and she wondered were she was at, lowering her face into the warmth of the woolen covers, she lifts her hand and notices that she is in her human form. Clinching her hand into a fist she lowers it back under the covers, closing her eyes she tries to remember how she got here, she remembered the pain in her back, and the evil creatures, and the blue light right before she had been ridden of her senses... Marrok.

In panic she opened her eyes, the golden deeps burning brightly. Turning to lay on her side, she pushed herself up half ways and halted as her sensitive ears heard the sound of another breathing, glancing down from the bed she saw Marrok sleeping just beside the bed. Ducking back under the covers she turned to look at him, sighing in relief that he hadn't woken at the sound of her slight movement. Watching his chest gently rise and fall in sleep, she smiled to herself, he looked so peaceful as he slept. Closing her eyes she thought, I wonder if he knows about me.... In another part of the cave she hears another sound, an older male voice, humans she thought. Her body still felt too weak to turn back into her natural wolf form, sighing softly to herself she realized that she was stuck in this weak body until her strength returned.

waterlily
Leader
Leader

Post by waterlily »

Marrok slept through the night. It seems he was more tired than he let on. As he wakes he notices there is no pain coming from his leg. Glancing over at the wound that is now just a memory, he smiles in relief. He stands up and stretches. He then checks on Athena and her skin appears to be a creamy rosy color. Her hair is bright red and the marks of poison are all but gone. The wound on her back also appears to have healed much throughout the night. Marrok leans in to again lick her shoulder and can smell life in her. A sweet flowery scent with hints of fire.

Marrok heads out into the main room to greet his old friend. *Hermit, got anything for breakfast?* With the flick of his wrist a dead rabbit is tossed towards Marrok. *I figured you may be too tired to hunt.* Marrok catches the rabbit in mid air and begins devouring it. *I feel like I could eat a horse,* Marrok utters while looking over at the Yeti sitting in the corner. The Yeti looks surprised. *I'm just kidding Migo.* The Yeti smiles and continues what it was doing.

Marrok eats a total of seven medium sized rabbits before his belly is full. *So Hermit, what have you been up to?*

*Right now I am making some rabbit stew for your friend when she wakes up. Other than that I have been here fiddling with my potions and pondering the great wonders of the world.*

*For saving her, I am forever in your debt Hermit. Yet again it seems.*

*That is true. It seems you have found a friend I see. And a pretty thing she is.*

Marrok smiles. *Get your mind out of the gutter old man. She is a friend. We met not but a few days ago and since have been fighting for our lives. First it seems someone was after me, but after that poison was aimed at her, I am starting to think they were after her all along.*

The old man snickers that creepy laugh again. *What can you tell me about a creature that turns the air foul as it approaches, is afraid of water and look as if undead demons? Athena said they were shadows of those from another world.*

*Hmmm. I have heard of demons who can posses the living, but posses the dead. That is news to me. They must be powerful to project themselves across the boundaries of this world. I will keep my ears open for any news that rides on the wind. But the ones that were attacking you are no longer a threat to you. Even if they could track Athena, they would not know when to look. Hahaha.*

*What do you mean by "When", you crazy old bastard?*

*What I mean is when you teleported, you moved not only through space, but through time as well. Comparing your magic energy to that around you, I would say you moved ten years into the future.*

*Your kidding. How can this be?*

*I have read about some animals that can teleport from one place to another, but never through time. That is a gift reserved for the gods alone. It is a mystery to me as well my friend.*

*I need to get some fresh air Hermit. Summon me when she wakes.* Marrok take off running right through the barrier that protects this cave. The air is brisk, but refreshing. His leg feels 100%. He covers several miles in mere minutes. Stopping near the edge of glacier they are on, he starts to think about the recent events that have transpired.

From what realm did Athena come from? What is hunting her? How can he protect her? Is she like him? He takes off running again.

Back at the cave, the Hermit mumbles *This is an interesting series of events is it not Migo? Where does this Athena come from and who are these demons that follow her? A mystery that will soon reveal itself I believe. She will be fully healed by midday. Just in time for some rabbit stew. And Marrok, his mystery just gets better each time we meet.*

Foxyfireswings
Leader
Leader

Post by Foxyfireswings »

The smell of a broiling stew woke Athena, its sweet liquid scent making her mouth water. Opening her eyes and glancing around the room, she tilted her head to the side to see that her friend had left. Slightly sad, but at the same time relieved that she wouldn't have to worry about not having any clothes on, rising clinching the soft white woolen blanket around her, siting on the side of the bed she glanced at her back, the scar that should have been there had healed completely and couldn't be seen.

Her golden eyes sharpened as she felt the pangs of hunger tighten her belly, rising slowly to her feet she felt new strength flow through her. Lifting her hand the other tightly holding the blanket to keep it in place, she called her heart fire. Smiling as the small flame appeared immediately warming her hand, tensing her fingers she made the flame grow, satisfied that everything was as it should be she gently closed hand into a fist drawing the fire back into her body.

Walking slowly toward the entrance to the room were she could smell the wonderful food, her heart begin to beat hard its pulse beating in her ears. The shock of human emotions overtook her mind, would he be mad, and how was she going to explain all of this? Shaking her head, her soft red hair moving gently back and forth. She paused in the door took a deep breath and stepped out in the fire lit room.

In front of a fire an older human with hair the color of freshly fallen snow sat stirring the stew, the room was scattered with piles of books, and the sweet sticky scent was much stronger, glancing at the wall just past the fire she saw many kinds of leaves, flowers, vines, and other assorted plants, turning her head she saw a very large white furry creature huddled over working on something very intently.

Taking a few steps forward her feet making no sound on the earthen packed floor. The sound of her growling belly gave her away as the white creature turned into her direction, staring at her with a curious look. Her eye narrowed as she watched him open his mouth then grin, pointing his clawed white hand toward the fire.

Turning her attention back to the man at the fire she stepped forward and in a soft voice full of gratitude said, "I'm guessing I have you to thank for the healing. I am in your debt." Her golden eyes wandered around the room looking for her friend.

waterlily
Leader
Leader

Post by waterlily »

The old Hermit turns around with a steaming bowl of rabbit stew in his hands. *For the healing, yes, you are most welcome. But it was Marrok who brought you here. Had he not you would have surely perished. Come close to the fire my dear; sit and eat. Marrok will be here shortly.* The old man hands Athena the bowl with a happy smile on his face. *There is plenty of food. Eat as much as you need.* He points to the cave entrance and a sparkling magic arrow shoots from his finger. It shoots outside and then straight up as it explodes in a brilliant flash of red light.

Marrok is several miles away when he sees the magical flare and begins heading back to the cave at record speed. As he passes through the magical barrier protecting the cave entrance he shakes off whatever snow accumulated on his body. Entering the main chamber he sees the Old Hermit and Athena. Her glowing red hair blazes as the fire she sits next to. And her golden eyes burn a bright hue. She is even more beautiful as a human, he thinks to himself.

*I am glad you are awake. At one point it seemed as if I...We had lost you, but my friend here is indeed the miracle worker.* The Hermit laughs his creepy old man laugh as he shuffles to the other side of the fire to sit. Marrok walks over to Athena and sits bottom down next to her. Staring at the fire he utters, *I...ahem...Your wounds...They are all healed?* Marrok looks away. *I understand why you did not tell me of your human form; the same reason I do not tell others of my wolf form. Fear and Trust. We only just met days ago. I would have done the same if our roles were reversed.*

Marrok looks up at his old friend. The hermit gets up and heads into another back room. *Come Migo.* In the other room he mumbles, *I wonder if it was the situation that awakened his ability or was it something else. Maybe his feelings for her. MIGO! Stack those boxes over there...gently.*