Marrok, The Wanderer (Open)

For non-Serian roleplaying (Persona RP and Fanfiction)
The mists around the mountains clear to reveal in their center a ring of stones, an easy landmark for travelers to gather.

Moderator: Tigress

Foxyfireswings
Leader
Leader

Re: Marrok, The Wanderer (Open)

Post by Foxyfireswings »

Athena tilted her head thoughtfully, "Maybe he can, I don't know, I sense a good deal of confusion in him." Looking out over the cliff she saw the sun beginning to crest over the hill, the sky flushed with the bright colors of a pure sunrise. Closing her eyes, she sighed as the warmth washed over her, the sun coloring her fur different hues.

Looking over at Marrok she whispered, "I don't think its a trap, but I don't understand how he can still be living......" A fear developed in her eyes for she remembered the rule of the bonded, only in death do bonds break...what would happen if she saw him again, talked to him again...would he attack Marrok to get to me....She felt a tense tug on her heart as she looked at her mate, she desperately wanted to protect him.

Closing her eyes she quickly teleported them back to the main camp, most of the camp was still asleep. She could sense that all the clan was safe; Yark had returned and was flying overhead, his mind filled with questions as he puzzled himself over the black wolf.
Each day is a gift and not a given right.

waterlily
Leader
Leader

Post by waterlily »

*We should go after him then, to expose who he is. Why are we coming back to camp?* Marrok is a bit wound up. This wolf is causing all this tension and Athena is not going after him. The knot in his stomach just keeps getting tighter. Something is not right. *Athena. We should go after him.*

Foxyfireswings
Leader
Leader

Post by Foxyfireswings »

Tilting her ears back in slight irratation Athena looked at him and replied, "We are back at camp because the sun is already rising, its time to rouse our clan and go for some breakfast, we have a long ways to go." Looking up at the rising sun she sighed, "I don't know were the black wolf I saw went, I feel him but....it feels different...." Athenas skin tingled as she finished the sentence in her mind, I feel him all around me...... shaking her head trying to stay focused on the task at hand.

Lifting her head she howled softly welcoming the sun and rousing the members of the clan, they opened their eyes and looked at them sleepily, some rising and beginning to form a hunting party while others headed down to the stream to find some water. Turning to her mate she said, "We should find the group of males that scouted all night, they need to rest and eat, they deserve first of the kill." Lifting her head she rose her barrier, protecting the clan as others gathered in a circle around her, some coming up in welcome. She smiled as some of the younger males came up to Marrok their tales wagging, greeting him.

waterlily
Leader
Leader

Post by waterlily »

Marrok was a bit upset that his mate did not want to pursue the black wolf. He is worried that she will do something to endanger her life again and not include him. Marrok is still getting used to the responsibility of being a pack Alpha. Many of the younger males come to greet Marrok and he is a bit out of place with what to do. Marrok returns the greetings with head nuzzles and playful taps of his paws. He has never commanded such respect before. *Ok young ones, run off and play until breakfast.* Turning to Athena he utters, *I will find the group that scouted last evening and relieve them. The must indeed be tired and hungry.*

Marrok sets off. In passing he sees Zera and her new cub heading to the gathering area. They look very happy together. Marrok gives her a smile and continues on. In the back of his mind, he remembers that he and his love still needed to have that talk with her. Marrok catches the scent of a large pack of males; he heads in that direction. Upon catching up with them, he tells them their shift is over and they can head to the gathering area for breakfast and rest. He also reassures them they did a good job scouting last night and will be assigned the same duty tonight if they are up to it. All bark and utter Yes and head back to camp.

Marrok patrols the perimeter on his own. With the sun shining so bright, he can see for miles in any direction. His heart is a bit heavy with worry. His mate was almost bonded to another, and this wolf makes a reappearance now. The coincidence cannot be ignored. He would never show this to Athena, but he is worried. What will happen when they do finally meet? Will his love for his mate be enough for her. He continues running, trying to not dwell on things yet unknown. Marrok wishes he had someone to talk to other than his mate. Some things he cannot talk to her about.

Suddenly a strange glow surrounds Marrok. It get brighter and brighter until ...*poof*... he is gone. Blinking several times to allow his eyes to adjust to the light and sniffing the air, he utters, *Hermit?*

Foxyfireswings
Leader
Leader

Post by Foxyfireswings »

Nodding as Marrok went off to gather the males, Athena sighed and looked over at the hunting part. Smiling she bounded forward, excited howls and barking filled the air as everyone readied for the hunt, the cross on Athenas forehead shown brightly as she held the barrier above them firm, while they were gone that barrier would protect the pups, the weak, and the injured members of the clan.

She felt the presence of her mate suddenly vanish, tilting her ears back she worried slightly wondering if everything was o.k. The pendent around her neck shown brightly reassuring her heart that he was fine. Looking toward the rising sun she jumped to the head of the hunting pack and lead them through the woods, it felt good to run with them, she felt strong with so many behind her. As they ran Athena let out a hunting call, with others immediately responding and flagging out to cover a wide stretch of ground.

Athena snarled as she caught the scent of a herd of deer, slowing her run, she pulled up looking into the eyes of a cream colored male who had crept up, nodding her head the male lead the group behind him into the bulk of the herd, while Athena took her group around, circling the wild deer. Jumping forward she snarled and barked at the group letting them know to attack, some leapt forward immedently jumping on the backs of deer, trying to land a killing bite, others took a one in pairs or small groups. Athena trailed behind a small doe, jumping up and snapping at the does head, she watched as the wide eyed creature ran itself into the ground, she could feel the fear in it. Lowering her jaw she quickly snapped its neck, killing it instantly.

Her muzzle dripped the warm blood of her kill as she raised her head, some of the herd had escaped and Athena called the hunters back, "You all did fantastic, after you have filled your belly's take fresh meat back to the others." Raising her tail she added, "The males that scouted last night get first of the kills." She watched as some began to eat, the sound of ripping flesh, grunts, and snarls filled the air. Lowering her head down to the doe she killed, she began to tear flesh for herself, no other would eat with her, for she was an Alpha, she got to eat best and the first of the kills found.

After she quenched her hunger she lifted her closed her jaws around a large chunk of meat for Zera and her pup. Many of the others had made their way back to camp, the morning was still very young and Athena felt kinda dirty after the bloody kill. Running back to camp with the others Athena dropped her meat in front of Zera smiling warmly as the young pup bounced around happily, sinking his small fangs into the flesh of the deer, Zera smiled back and nodded her head in appreciation.

Heading into the woods while the others ate and talked about their morning, Athena went to wash the blood from her face and neck. A short distance from camp she came up to a fast moving stream, stepping into the cool water she lowered her head to take a quick drink, after she had her fill, she dipped her neck lower washing away most of the blood that had worked its way into her fur. Suddenly feeling a strong presence, Athena darted her head up only to anger filling her eyes but that feeling was quickly replaced with shock and confusion, for standing only feet away was the black wolf that she had seen on the hill.

His gray eyes watched her calmly nonthreatening, taking a step back, her ears falling back against her skull she bared her fangs and snarled saying in a shaky voice, "Who are you?" The black one only watched her a smile in his eyes, opening his jaws he said softly, "You already know that answer Athena." Looking at him, her eyes widened, the shallow water moved over her paws as she stood there, looking directly into his deep gray eyes she whispered, "Sero?"

Smiling the black wolf took a step closer to her, "You've changed." Athena backed away her heart in turmoil, "You died, how is it that you are alive?" He certainly felt alive, his scent, she could feel the warmth of his body from were she stood, looking into her eyes he said softly, "I can't tell you about that now, I just wanted to see, its been so long.." Her legs shook threatening to buckle beneath her, "I don't understand."

Sero laughed and said tenderly, "Everything will be explained very soon, but for now I must say you have turned into a fine Drappa." Athena stared at him speechless, her body trembled as he took slowly began to walk to her, continuing he added softly, "I remember when we were young, you fell into a stream much like this one, and scrapped your leg along a sharp rock, I helped you out, you were crying most loudly..." Athena whispered, "I remember you healed my wound with your healing power...." Smiling he nodded his dark fur glistening in the sun, "I had to, you made such a fuss over a little cut." Athena tilted her ears back but smiled slightly as she remembered. Lifting her tail she said, "Tell me how this happened." Sero's dark eyes turned sad as he looked away, "I can't right now." Athena growled softly, "Why?"

Turning his gaze to her he said, "As impatient as ever, and probably just as thickheaded. There are things at work that you can't understand right now, when we meet again...we will be enemy's." Athena's heart tugged painfully as she felt the heaviness of his words, "Sero..." he had already turned away, looking back at her, he said softly, "I don't want to hurt you, but one day very soon, I will be tempted to do so. So please when that day comes, do not be afraid to do what you must." Looking away he added softly, "I love you very much Athena, I always have."

Athena blinked and he was gone.

waterlily
Leader
Leader

Post by waterlily »

Marrok was a bit surprised to see Hermit. *How the heck did I get here? I did not teleport here.*

*Indeed. I do not think your power is that developed yet my boy. I brought you here because there are things you must know. Things that you should know now that WolfBane as made himself known.*

Marrok just sits there in awe that Hermit knows anything about the other realm and WolfBane. How does this old man hiding in a mountain know anything about him. Marrok changes in the other room and then sits by the fire. *Tell me what you know old man.*

*You are correct. I am an old man. Much older than you think. I have been around since this realm was created. As its appointed keeper, I am blessed with eternal life among other things. Basically I am responsible for the things that go on here. I am this realms protector.*

*So how old are you?*

*Very old my friend. But that is neither here nor there. What is important is you. I remember when you were first arrived in this realm, you were the cutest little pup. Your eyes filled with all that power. Your fur was actually white as snow then. It was not until you got older that it turned silver.*

*What are you talking about Hermit? Have you been drinking your own moonshine again?*

Hermit laughs his creepy laugh, *You actually teleported yourself here. The same as when you did that day protecting Athena. Great Power seeks out other Great Power. When you were in danger as a pup, your power protected you and sought me out through space and time.*

Marrok cannot believe what hermit is telling him. He just sits there in shock.