Marrok, The Wanderer (Open)

For non-Serian roleplaying (Persona RP and Fanfiction)
The mists around the mountains clear to reveal in their center a ring of stones, an easy landmark for travelers to gather.

Moderator: Tigress

waterlily
Leader
Leader

Re: Marrok, The Wanderer (Open)

Post by waterlily »

Marrok is still fuming while Athena is healed. *I wanted to rip out his throat.* He just paces back and forth around her, making sure no others decide to be brave again. *I do not even understand why now, they chose to challenge you. Are we not trying to save them and they have the arrogance to do that. Makes me so mad.* Marrok thanks the healer for her help. Still pacing angrily back and forth.

Marrok hops up on the rock addressing all. *I know that everyone is on edge and loyalties are being tested. But this is not the time for idle bickering. We need to come together as one pack in order to defeat the evil that is plaguing this land. Athena, did you have something you wanted to say.* Marrok steps down.

Foxyfireswings
Leader
Leader

Post by Foxyfireswings »

Athena watched as he addressed the crowd, gently she said, "Yes." Jumping up on the rock, the sun shinning off her now white fur, "I understand that many of you lost your homes, and that quite a few of you have been or are still Alphas, but as my mate said, you are here because you've been pushed out of your home lands, you are here because you were not able to defeat the Balker." Looking around at all the eyes that had stopped to listen, Athena paused then continued, "Like you, I have suffered loses, and if you will let me I will lead you against Wolfbane, and I promise you..I will not stop till we take back our homelands, Marrok is right, we need to work together."

The cry of approval was great, Athena smiled and said softly, "If there are any others that wish to lead and fight Wolfbane, let them step forward, for they are free to take the ones that wish to go with them." Gazing across the ground Athena watched as the wolves fell silent, one stepped forward, and shouted, "Lead us, we are ready to fight." Athena rose snarling and yelled, "Then we go, for our homeland and for the ones that have given up their lives." Leaping off the boulder Athena surged forward, the pack broke into a run.
Each day is a gift and not a given right.

waterlily
Leader
Leader

Post by waterlily »

As they all run, there is a sense of comradeship that washes over Marrok. Running with so many is very exhilarating. Coming alongside his mate, he playfully snaps at her and then scurries away smiling. His heart is content once again. Being with her makes him very happy. She runs as a true Alpha. Her white fur shining in the sun. Her muscles flexing with every stride. He smiles again in secret excitement.

Foxyfireswings
Leader
Leader

Post by Foxyfireswings »

They went between running and walking for many hours, only stopping to rest briefly, get a drink of water, or catch something small to snack on. Athena wanted to reach the caverns by sundown, Yark flew high overhead watching for trouble and leading Athena on. In the distance Athena felt the presence of humans, slowing she softly howled to the pack alerting them to be on guard, but something felt wrong, the air smelled burnt and tainted, slowly walking through the woods Athena keep her eyes sharp and her ears tilted forward. It wasn't long before they came across the small remains of a village, the huts had been burned to the ground, bodies lay in every direction. The blood of the dead covered the grass and rocks as Athena stepped out of the woods first, her ears drawn back, and muzzle lifted in shock.

Snarling she turned to the clan and said in a harsh voice, "Search for survivors, but go in small groups, I want no wolf hunting alone." Stepping forward she sniffed the air, trying to pick up the scent of anything but the smell of burnt flesh and decay, as she approached one of the bodies, she saw the teeth mark's and claws prints embedded in the skin of what used to be a man. Snarling to herself, "Balkers..."

Athena shuttered as she caught their scent, they had ravaged the village only days ago, Athena lowered her head in sadness for the ones that had been lost, turning back to gather the pack, she jerked her head around, her sensitive ears had heard something. Her golden eyes fell on a small hut, a short distance from the other. Slowly walking toward the hut, her muzzle lifted revealing a clean row of white fangs, the white fur along her back bristled and rose as she approached the hut. Warily walking through what was left of the entrance, Athena stopped when she saw a small male child huddled around a female body, her mind guessed that the child was no more then two human years old, and the female that the little one clung to was most likely its mother.

Lowering her tail and head, Athena slowly approached, the child jerked its head up in shock, he was dressed in nothing more than a deerskin cloth, his head was covered in sandy brown hair, and his eyes were a bright baby blue. Clinching tighter the dead woman's neck the child screamed and began to whimper. Burying his head into the side of his dead mothers neck, his sobs of terror torn at Athenas heart, the mother that rested deep within her emerged. Whining softly and lowering herself to her belly, she thought of transforming, but worried that her sudden change would scare the child more. Inching her muzzle to him, Athena gently nuzzled his side, the child lifted his head, his sobs residing, Athena looked deep into his eyes, the cross on her forehead glowing brightly as she did, whispering softly she said, "Its ok little on, nothing will harm you now." The human child suddenly reached out and grasped Athenas head, crying softy into her fur. Drawing the child to her, Athena lay with him until his sobs had quieted, licking his head, trying to clean the dirt there, she looked up, knowing that the pack was waiting. Gently rising Athena nudged the child and said softly, "Climb on." The little blue eyed boy looked at her with a confused stare, his eyes were still red and puffy from crying, Athena smiled gently and nudged him again, motioning with her head, "Its ok..."

His little face broke out in a small smile as he scampered on her back, Athena grunted softly as he pulled bits of her fur out. Waiting for him to get settled, Athena slowly rose, and felt him latch on tightly, focusing her energy she created an air pocket around the child, the literally sucked him to her.

waterlily
Leader
Leader

Post by waterlily »

Coming upon this village it is clear that the Balkers have no reservations about slaughtering innocents. This village was not even a threat. No wolves and no elementals. With a flash Marrok transforms and is fully dressed. He has gotten faster at using his teleportation ability to change. Looking around there do not appear to be any survivors. The Balkers did a thorough job of massacring the entire village and burning it to the ground. You can still see mother cuddling with children burnt to a crisp. Many of the males look half eaten. Marrok's eyes burn bright with anger. So many women and children murdered. To himself he mumbles, *Why did they have to kill the women and children? Have they no honor left at all?*

Marrok heads over to Zera. She and her pup are being protected by a group of males. Approaching he asks them for a little privacy. Zera sends her pup with one of them. Kneeling down Marrok asks, *Why do the Balkers do this? Are they all mindless slaves to Makis?*

*No, not all of them Alpha. I feel my brother cannot be saved but many can. I am not sure what Makis does, but some of the wolves go crazy and other just become obedient. I think if you were to kill Makis most would wake up from what would seem like a horrible nightmare. The others...* She shutters at the thought, *...like my brother must be killed.*

*I am sorry about your brother Zera. If anything can be done to save him we will try. However I will not let him suffer. I will make sure he dies swiftly and with little pain; an honorable death.*

Zera nods in appreciation, holding back the tears she must one day shed for Dekel.

Marrok heads back to the center of town to report in.

Foxyfireswings
Leader
Leader

Post by Foxyfireswings »

Stepping out of the half burnt hut Athena sighed as she lifted her head howling to the clan, as the hunting partys came back empty many lifted there heads and stared at the little male child that rested on their Alphas back with distaste.

Athena snarled at a few young wolves that came over to scent the child, snapping her fangs she dove them back into the circle, for now was not the time or place for curiousity. The childs grip tighted as the wolves circled around, burying his head into her fur he muffled a cry, tilting her head back and gently bushing his hair she whispered, "Don't worry, you are under the protection of the pack." Laying his little head he watched the wolves warrly.

Turning her head back, her golden eyes searched for her mate.