Marrok, The Wanderer (Open)

For non-Serian roleplaying (Persona RP and Fanfiction)
The mists around the mountains clear to reveal in their center a ring of stones, an easy landmark for travelers to gather.

Moderator: Tigress

Foxyfireswings
Leader
Leader

Re: Marrok, The Wanderer (Open)

Post by Foxyfireswings »

Athena stood in the middle of the stream in shock, a feeling of loss and dread came over her heart, lowering her head and stepping out of the stream. Her heart felt confused, looking up at the sky a tear ran down her fur as she transformed back into her human form and crumbled to the ground, "Why.....Sero" Feelings of confusion overwhelmed her, whispering softly she looked up at the rising sun, "Marrok....please I need you...."

Both Sero and Marroks presence had disappeared, feeling lost her heart reached out to Marrok, suddenly a voice called out behind her. Jerking her head back she saw a gray figure dart lashing across her back, screaming in pain and agony her human form crumbled glowing brightly. Standing over her a gray figure stood smirking, "That was easier then I thought." Athena tried to move, but her body felt numb as the numbing poison quickly spread. Panicking Athena screamed across time trying with everything she had to reach her mate, Marrok.... Falling fast Athena closed her eyes letting the darkness take her over, right before she passed out, she heard the gray harshly yell to the others, "Take her, hurry, that darn helper comes, take a bite out of him if he comes to close." Through the darkness she felt a pressure on her forehead, something was burning its way into her soul....
Each day is a gift and not a given right.

Foxyfireswings
Leader
Leader

Post by Foxyfireswings »

Makis smiled as he watched the young white wolf receive his crest, "Its almost time Athena, but I need you get rid of the little group you've gathered, fight for me little wolf....KILL MARROK."

waterlily
Leader
Leader

Post by waterlily »

*You were so little and you were wrapped in a blanket with the name Marrok woven into the fabric. I was not sure which realm you came from, but I realized that you were in danger and that if I did not protect you, something bad would happen to you. I took it upon myself to keep you safe. The power inside you had not settled yet, so I sealed your memories and locked that power deep inside your subconscious. I then forced your change into a human baby. This way I could give you to a good family to watch over you. Lastly I blessed you with the power of immunity to all magic, except your own and mine of course. This way no one could undo what I have done. Your were a troublesome little lad and did not stay long with the family I placed you with, but I was always aware of where you were and what you were doing. I made sure no harm came to you.*

*I can't believe what you are telling me. Do you know who my parents are or where I came from? Tell me Hermit. Please.*

*I am afraid that information still eludes me Marrok. Peering into other realms is forbidden. Traveling between realms is also forbidden, but I have broken the rules from time to time. The realm Athena comes from is in chaos and this WolfBane does not only want to control that realm, but all other realms as well. He has tried several times to enter my realm, but has only succeeded in crossing his shadow. I have kept him out for now, but his power gets stronger with every attempt. He has managed to open small portals for a few of his minions to slip through. I do not know where he is getting this power from. Only the creators of all are said to be able to grant such abilities. I fear things are terribly wrong in the universe.*

*I thank you Hermit. I wish we had more information, but I must thank you for protecting me all these years. I always felt that someone or something was watching over me.* Marrok gets up and walks over to Hermit and gives him a hug. *You indeed have been a good friend.*

Hermit smiles. He has the eyes of a father; proud of his son. *Maybe now that you are of age and mostly in control of your abilities, we can find out the truth together. This mystery has plagued me for a long time. But for now we must focus on this WolfBane. He has tremendous power, but he is not immortal. He can die and you can kill him. Your abilities are tied to your emotions. You can summon great power you just have to focus and call it. You not only control the elements and can travel through space and time, but you can control time. This gift is very special, not many have it throughout all the realms. You can stop time at will. You also have powers of the mind that will allow you to control others or put fears into their head. That one will take practice. It is very taxing on the body.*

*Can I fly?*

*No you cannot fly. You are a wolf not a bird.*

Marrok laughs, causing Hermit to laugh his creepy old man laugh too.

*You also have increased healing, most elementals have this ability as well, it is a by product of being able to control the elements. Your abilities are quite unique. I am still not sure where they come from or how you have the combination that you do. It seems that mystery will reveal itself in time.*

*Thank you again Hermit. Your advice and wisdom are greatly appreciated.*

*Well I do what I can. Now I have one more item of business and then I will send you back. I actually have a gift for you.*

*A gift, you do not need to do that. You have already blessed me with immunity.*

*Shut-up and sit still.* Hermit leans over to Marrok and places his hand on Marrok's forehead. Uttering something in a strange old language, a bright light forms around his hand. With a flash the energy passes to Marrok, pushing him back a little.

*What did you do Hermit?*

*I gave you a small gift. The ability to communicate with all animals of the forest and animals of the sea and animals of the sky, so basically ALL animals. You never know where you will find allies to fight beside you. There are many others who will lose their homes if WolfBane wins.*

*Thank You Hermit. I will stop him.*

*I have faith in you my boy...you can...* Hermit looks down while talking at Marrok's ring. It is glowing black. *That is odd. That ring is not supposed to glow black.* Marrok looks down and suddenly a worried look comes upon his face. As he stands a flash of power knocks him and Hermit back. *Did you hear that?*

*I did...it was Athena, she was screaming my name. Something is wrong Hermit, I have to go.*

*Go my son, just remember one more thing. Athena and you are bonded as mates now. Her magic can affect you. There is nothing stronger than that bond, not even my old magic.*

*Thanks Hermit. I hope the next time I see you we can celebrate.*

*Indeed. Goodbye* In a flash Marrok is back in the woods surrounding the cliffs where the pack is camped.

He starts running up the hill, yelling *Athena...Yark...where are you?* Reaching the cliff he sees Yark speeding towards him.

*Yark!*

*Marrok!*

*Yark?*

*Marrok?*

Landing in front of him on a small boulder he utters, *Something is wrong with Athena, she is missing and I cannot sense her presence anymore.* Flapping his wings, *Can you understand anything I am saying you big ape.*

*Who are you calling an ape?*

They both look at each other with disturbed looks on their faces. *You can understand me?*

*I can, and how long have you been calling me names like that?*

Yark fluffs his feathers. *Never mind that, Athena is in trouble. I should be able to sense her as her protector, but it is as if she is no longer here. I do not know how to explain it.*

*Well my ring is glowing black now. It would be red if she was dead. I don't know if this is good or bad.*

*Bad. Definitely bad.*

*You scout for her Yark, I need to talk to someone. Let me know if you find anything.*

Yark soars into the sky like a phoenix. Marrok heads back to camp. Zera may know something about what has happened to Athena.

Foxyfireswings
Leader
Leader

Post by Foxyfireswings »

The darkness seemed unnatural, like she was in a cage, her soul felt trapped. She felt the darkness lift and her eyes opened, but it wasn't her that opened them. As she gazed out of her body at the woods surrounding her, she could hear voices, "She's come to full conciseness." A large brown wolf appeared in front of her, looking her over, "Yep, shes awake, Well how are you doing Athena?" Laughing as the white wolf remained motionless and still, Athena was struggling inside, she was surrounded by a strong barrier, sneering in her face he said, "Well now, you can't talk? Or move?, so dreadfully sorry."

Turning his gaze to the others he added, "Seeing as this fine female can't move, why not have some fun with her boys, perhaps we will sire our own blood into her." Growling softly he transformed back into his human form, inside Athena was horrified, and wanted to ripe that smile off his face. A loud, harsh voice rang out from just behind her, "Enough, you know Makis would be displeased if he saw this, she is to remain untouched." Athena almost fell over in relief, sitting back in her little cage she tried to see if she could gain control of anything...all her attempts failed. She heard a male voice in her mind, a voice filled with bitterness and hate, "Well how are you feeling my dear?" Athena rose in the cage snarling, "Who are you?"

The voice laughed, "I am Makis, the keeper of night and the voice for Wolfbane." Shuttering slightly Athena replied in a strong voice, "I'm not afraid of you Makis, release me and let us settle this." She could almost imagine him smiling as he quietly replied, "I will indeed, I can't wait to watch you writhe and scream in pain by the cause of my fangs." In more firmer voice he added, "But I will have to save that pleasure for later, for I need you to do something for me." Athena felt her body begin to rise, the wolf rising on its own accord, around her the male wolf sneared and howled in mockery.

Athenas eyes filled with fire as Makis showed her what he wanted her to do, "You will have to kill me before I do that." Makis laughed, "You will have no choice my dear, I've infused the pendent that your little mate gave you, with the full power of Wolfbane, you are under my control now." Athena felt her paw lift up off the ground causing her to go off balance and trip, landing painfully on the ground Makis laughed, "See, everything you do, you do because I want you to."

Athena felt a tremendous pressure in her forehead, she knew that was were he placed his seal, the crystal no longer shown blue but black. Her necklace was gone. Athena felt at a lose as Makis forced her body into a run, and then teleporting back to the area were she had been taken, "Now little wolf, find your mate, and finish what I started." Athena walked through the woods, her body acting on Makis's will, many of the clan wolves looked up in greeting but then backed down in shock as they saw the black mark. In her mind she heard Makis say, "Kill them all, leave none alive." Athena felt her body ready to attack, her hatefully snarl filled the air, Athena cried out inside as she tried to hold herself back.

waterlily
Leader
Leader

Post by waterlily »

Marrok gets to where Zera and her pup reside. He is covered in sweat and breathing heavily from running. *Little one, can you excuse your mom and I, we need to talk about something important.*

The little pup wags his tail and runs off to play with friends.

Marrok has a seriousness on his face. His bright blue eyes are glowing as if on fire. *Zera, what plans did Makis have for Athena. She is missing and I fear he has done something to her.*

Zera is a bit frightened by Marrok's intensity. *He never truly revealed his plans. He just kept saying that she will do his biding when he captures her. He has ways of turning wolves to his will, but he never showed me how. I have seen wolves follow his every command as if possessed by Makis himself.*

Marrok hugs Zera. *Thank you, now take your pup and round up everyone to prepare for an attack. If you are correct, Athena may be the one coming to attack us and I do not know if I can stop her. Make sure no one Confronts her. Just run if you see her coming.*

Turning, Marrok hears the screams of wolves near the entrance to camp. In a flash he teleports there. Athena is attacking another male pack member. She has him pinned and readies a death blow, when Marrok yells, *Athena!*

She looks up at him with her fangs fully shown. She leaves the other male wolf wounded. He scurries off after she is far enough away. *Everyone fall back and protect the weak. Their may be Balkers lurking around. No one is to harm Athena, I will take care of her myself.*

Many of the pack fall back slowly watching the two Alpha's as they draw close to each other. Marrok opens his mind to Athena, but Makis is there instead. *Makis. What have you done to her? Release her now.*

*You are in no position to make any demands my son. Here you will die. And by the paw of your mate no less. A fitting end to a disappointing child.*

*You are not my father.* Marrok yells for Athena with his mind, but she does not answer. Athena moves slowly towards Marrok; ready to attack. He closes his mind to Makis and reaches out to Yark. *Yark, I need your help. Athena is under Makis' control. How do I stop her without hurting her.*

Foxyfireswings
Leader
Leader

Post by Foxyfireswings »

Yark was watching from a distance, trying with everything he had to reach Athena but she was tightly sealed away. Fenris help us... hearing Marrok call him, he soared overhead landing on a nearby tree calling out to him, "The black crystal is covering her power, Athena is the only one that can remove such a charm, hopefully she is strong enough, and or she loves you enough to destroy the enchanted cyrstal that resides in her forehead." Flying low he called out to Athena, "Makis, you will destroy her if this keeps up, then who will summon your warriors and Fenris himself?"

Athena laughed, Makis causing her to snap at the low flying bird, barely missing his wing, "Stupid bird, I will absorb her powers if she was to die." Yark hissed and landed into a high tree, "I'm sorry Marrok, I don't know what else to do." Snarling Athena started to lung, inches away she stopped, the ring on Marroks hand glowed, lowering herself to the ground, Athena pushed against the barrier with all the magic she had. The black pendent on Athena's forehead flashed with lightening and power as Athena struggled violently, hissing inside her mind, "I told you, YOU WILL HAVE TO KILL ME." A violent burst of power surrounded Athena, pushing Marrok away, the force was so great that it caused the trees to bend and the rock around her to bust and evaporate. As the dust settled, a small crater rested were Athena stood.

Exhausted Athena looked up from her inner cage and stared at the barrier, a piece of it had cracked, all that work and only a crack, falling back against the side of the barrier she felt her energy drain, in her heart she heard Makis laughing, through the crack she let some of her power flow, finally able to speak, "Marrok..run..I can't hold on like this."