Marrok, The Wanderer (Open)

For non-Serian roleplaying (Persona RP and Fanfiction)
The mists around the mountains clear to reveal in their center a ring of stones, an easy landmark for travelers to gather.

Moderator: Tigress

Foxyfireswings
Leader
Leader

Re: Marrok, The Wanderer (Open)

Post by Foxyfireswings »

Athena bumped into the hard ground, her skin covered in small cuts, and her arm feels like its on fire. When she hit the ground she immediately curled into a ball summoning the fire wolf that rested in her heart. As she felt the warm fur enclose her, she rose limping slightly as she tested the weight of her leg, looking over at Marrok, she saw that he was slightly embarrassed, blushing slightly herself.

She lifted her head to look up at the sky and breath in the fresh air, she was home, "Are you o.k?" she asked in a soft but concerned voice. Stepping beside him she looked around, a cliff crested above them, and a roaring river with a large water fall upstream thundered powerfully. The air felt crisp and clean, Athena guessed they had landed in the mountains. The cry of a wolf echoed from across the river, and others joined in the happy melody.

The blood of the wild wolf sang in her veins as she raised her tail enjoying the sound of another pack singing the hunt song. Lifting her head she echoed her own call, the warm, rich sound bouncing from the cliffs. She was immediately answered, as excited barking filled the air, across the river coming out of the thick woods that rested there, a small wolf pack emerged. A pair of Grey wolfs that seemed to be the Dragga and Drappa Alphas, leading two small pups, and lagging behind a white colored Sika. Athena wagged her tail in greeting, "I come with Fenris's blessing, and seek safe passage across your hunting grounds."
Each day is a gift and not a given right.

waterlily
Leader
Leader

Post by waterlily »

Marrok slowly opens his eyes to see Athena as a wolf again. He did not want to see her naked until things were different. He smiles at her and utters, *I am good. Tired. But Good.* He sits, resting his paws for a second before hearing the calls of other wolfs. These calls were friendly in nature, so Marrok remained seated. Across the river several a pack of wolves gathered.

This land smelled clean and untainted. The water was clear and fresh and much of the ground was covered in lush green grass. Marrok participated in the call, expressing his friendship. This is not something he gets to do often. Usually he is running from some gang of poachers wishing to capture him. A feeling of freedom suddenly washes over him. He has never truly been free before.

*Are these friends of your?* Glancing at the wolves across the way. *Are all the wolves here that small.* Marrok smiles. His form is much larger than the average wolf. He rises stretching is muscular physique. And then yawns showing off his large fangs. The Alpha in him tends to be rather arrogant. In a strong voice he asks, *Is your home far from here?*

Foxyfireswings
Leader
Leader

Post by Foxyfireswings »

Athena smiles gently at Marrok, she remembers that he isn't used to pack formality's, softly she answers his questions, "This is an non elemental pack, they most likely bear the gift of speak alone, not all packs are this small, and many of the wolfs that run in a pack are much larger, this one appears to be a family." Her eyes narrowed as she surveyed the pack, "I don't recognize any scents."

Across the water the Grey Dragga had walked close to the edge, and called back in a strong, but friendly voice, "My pack roams these mountains alongside many others, you are most welcome elemental to rest here for the night but it would be in your best interest if you moved on by dawn." Tilting her ears back at his words she growled softly in thanks lowering her tail, "I am Athena, looking for the pack that lives along the Light Plains, do you have any news of the whats been going on in that area."

The Grey growled softly as he paused looking back at his small family who rested just hidden behind the trees, "I know not Elemental, but I do know that many family's have fled the Fields, that land is not safe for any wolfs paw prints to fall on." Shifting slightly, he turned back to his family, looking over his shoulder he called, "For one night only elemental, for you will bring pain and suffering on us if you stay longer."

Both Alphas darted into the trees, the white Sika who had been cowering behind the trees stepped out into the sun, his small body outlined thinly and his white coat matted and thin. Glancing over at Athena and Marrok he flinched then ran into the woods with his tail almost between his legs. The pups who were more brave were the last to go as they stared wide eyed, the harsh bark from the Drappa sent them scurrying back into the wood only moments later. Lowering her head she felt confused by the Dragga's words, why were the elementals not safe?

Pondering to herself she walked to the waters edge peering down into its depths, her fiery reflection shown clearly on the waters surface, tilting her muscular neck down to take a cool drink.

Foxyfireswings
Leader
Leader

Post by Foxyfireswings »

Meanwhile:

A dark sat in the middle of a large cave starring down into a pool of water. The image shifted and blurred, growling the dark wolf slammed his paw down on the pools surface. He had been so close to seeing him that time...snarling in irritation he yelled in a voice filled with irritation and anger, "Bring me another one Zera, my powers are still to weak!." Scared yips are heard outside the caves entrance, a gray female with bright green eyes walked in carrying a small pup in her jaws, dropping the pup at the black wolfs feet. She immediately walked out.

waterlily
Leader
Leader

Post by waterlily »

Marrok gazed upon Athena as she conversed with the pack leaders across the river. She holds herself as if an Alpha herself. Marrok becomes a bit excited. Their words were friendly, but there was fear in them. Something has scared them to the point that they seem to not trust elementals.

Marrok walks up to her and nuzzles her on her side. *Do not worry for them. There is no place in time that we cannot find them and protect them. If elementals are indeed not safe anymore, then it would seem this Wolfbane has made an appearance here. Do your parents have elemental gifts? Maybe they have fled this place.*

Marrok takes a drink as well. The rest of the journey may be long and he will need all his strength in order to protect her. As he partakes of the crisp clean water a sudden surge of power builds within. His eyes begin to glow a blue hue. Marrok quickly runs behind the rock were he hid before.

He lets out a loud wolf call that changes into a human screaming. From the side of the rock, a human hand appears. *I need a minute.* He quickly dresses himself with what was in his backpack. Stepping out from behind the rock, a tall human male. Dark hair, beard, medium build. The only thing resembling the wolf he once was were his blue eyes, which seemed to be a little bit brighter than before.

*Athena. I am sorry. I could not control the power before it overwhelmed me.* He walks back to the river and kneels down to resume quenching his thirst. The only weapon he has is a small katana, but his wolf instincts and senses were at his disposal, including his wolf speed. Lately his wolf abilities have been showing through his human form. It is as if the two are becoming one.

Foxyfireswings
Leader
Leader

Post by Foxyfireswings »

Athena felt Marrok walk up to her and nuzzle her gently, blushing slightly she turned her head away but her ears tilted in his direction, his voice was soothing and strong. Looking over at him as he questioned about her parents, she said in a detached voice, "My parents are not elemental, my father bares the gift to turn his form and my mother bares the gift of speech." Drawing her ears back she continued, "My parents would have never left their home land, I know not were their paw prints fall."

Sitting on her hunches she smiled to herself as she remember how much they honored traditions. She felt the rush of power before she saw it, lifting her gaze to watch Marrok, his body had started to glow with power, birds that rested in the trees scattered as he fled behind a boulder. Athena watched curiously for it had been awhile since she last seen his human form, she hears him cry out, rising to her feet every hair along her spine tensed ready to spring and help if she could.

Watching with wary eyes she at last sees him walk out letting out the breath she just know realized that she had been holding she walked up to him looking him up and down, he had dressed simply in a light cotton pair of pants that resembled a cream color, his shirt was made of the same material and flowed lightly against his chest.

Her human heart quickened slightly as she gazed at him, thinking to herself, "....well he's is defiantly a Dragga and not a Sika." Watching him walk over to the river and finish quenching his thirst, she said in a soothing tone, "Your control over the wolf will come in time, as soon as you master your powers, seeing that you still transform at random means that you still have talents yet to master."

Her eyes saddened as she slowly walked up to the rivers edge standing beside him, "I do not wish to stay here, we need to trail to the west, to the Light Plains." Tilting her fiery gaze so she could see him out of the corner of her eye she said, "There is a small cove we can stay at as a midway point, are you up for running?"