Marrok, The Wanderer (Open)

For non-Serian roleplaying (Persona RP and Fanfiction)
The mists around the mountains clear to reveal in their center a ring of stones, an easy landmark for travelers to gather.

Moderator: Tigress

Foxyfireswings
Leader
Leader

Re: Marrok, The Wanderer (Open)

Post by Foxyfireswings »

The blanket Athena still clung, hung loosely around her shoulders as she stopped almost bumping into Marrok, her eyes burned with joy as she told him in a happy voice, "Its my mothers voice, I know her call!" Moving to go around Marrok, she continued to walk to the barrier, the man had quickly walked up behind her grabbing her arm, "No you can not go out there child, that creature is not your mother."

Shaking her, he yelling a harsh voice,"Come to your senses." As he spoke the same happy look remained on her face, then as if awaking from a dream she blinked realization returning to her eyes and turning her head slowly to look out the barrier, across the snow a gray wolf steadily approached the entrance to the cave, Athena flinched as she realized that the old man spoke the truth, the smell of mold and decay followed into the cave.

The gray wolf stopped just outside of the barrier its bright poison colored eyes barreling into her, lifting its head it sang the song of her mother. Athena's golden eyes glowed with anger how dare this creature mimic her mother, "Who are you?"

The gray wolf lowered its head and said in a sly voice full of bitterness and resentment,"Is that anyway to greet your mother dear, sweet, Athena?"
Gritting her teeth till they hurt Athena shouted her voice filled with anger and pain, "You are no mother of mine, what do you want!?" Growling the gray wolf shook her head, "Poor little pup you are indeed foolish." The white snow swirled around the gray wolf as she continued in a voice dripping with poisoned words, "Perhaps since you don't believe I'm your mother you should go look for your real mother?" Laughing she said, "Maybe we should make a game out of this, you go look for your dear sweet parents, and maybe you will find them before I do."

Athena's blood pounded in her ears as she watched the wolf walk forward a few steps, "I see you have made some friends?" The gray wolf bore her eyes into Marrok, "Very interesting, you are, my master looks forward to seeing what other ability's you posses, he has been waiting for you to bloom for quite some time now."

Turning her gaze back to Athena she spoke in a low mystic voice, "Well puppy lets see who reaches you parents first, the game starts now."
Each day is a gift and not a given right.

waterlily
Leader
Leader

Post by waterlily »

Marrok does all he can to make sure Athena does not pass him. Circling her and nudging her back. When Hermit grabs her, he turns around. As this gray wolf approaches and speaks, Marrok stares right at her letting out a low steady growl. The stench of death and decay fill the air as this gray wolf baits Athena into a challenge.

*You cannot listen to anything this creature says Athena, it is only trying to anger you into making a rash decision.* As the vile creature spews insults, Marrok is consumed with anger. His eyes begin glowing even brighter. The snow falling begins to slow. His fur becomes as cold as ice and with every breath he bellows cold air.

*Come Athena, we have much to discuss. Do not worry, the vile creature is no threat to us now.* Hermit turns Athena around to head back into the cave and puts a hand on Marrok to do the same. *Soon my friend, you will have your revenge.* Marrok immediately calms shaking off the surge of power that was building in him.

Walking back to the main chamber Marrok looks at Athena, who appears to be fuming with Anger. *Do not worry for your parents, we will get to them first.*

Hermit calls out, *Migo...Protect.* Migo immediately rises from his corner and runs towards the barrier shaking the ground with every step. He stops at the barrier and lets out a loud and echoing call. Immediately 10-12 more calls can be heard in the distance. As the ground shakes with the coming horde of Yeti, the gray wolf snickers and runs off in the other direction. Migo takes after him followed by his kin that come charging down the mountain to his aid.

*The Yeti are very protective of their land. None have ever bested them when they roam in large numbers.*

Marrok is still very angry. He paces back and forth. His mind racing with the words that this creature has uttered. They have been watching him. Waiting for him. He turns to Athena and Hermit, *We must decide quickly.*

Foxyfireswings
Leader
Leader

Post by Foxyfireswings »

The fires of anger burned in Athena's heart as she watched the white hairy creatures chase off the gray wolf, closing her eyes to concentrate she felt the truth behind the gray ones words. She was going to have to find her parents somehow, and fast. Taking a deep breath ignoring the instinct to rush out into the snow, calling the fire beast that longed to rip out the throat of the one that threatened her parents.

Opening her golden eyes hatred and fear for her parents resting in the molting deeps, turning to face the older man she said in a firm but sure voice, "I must warn my parents, to sit by is not a chance I want to take. I thank you for your help, if you ever need me my claw and fang are at your command." Turning to Marrok she knelt down till she was just under his eye level, looking up at his still angry face she said softly, her eyes softening considerably, "I would understand if you wish to leave.

I am most grateful for the time I got to spend with you and your help."
Lowering her head, her eyes somewhat sad, her heart grew heavy as she realized that she might be running alone again. Something in her heart stirred and grew, her head still lowered she quietly said, "But if you wish to come, your paw tracks would always be welcome."

waterlily
Leader
Leader

Post by waterlily »

Marrok nuzzles her head up. *It will take more than that to get rid of me. I am afraid you are stuck with me for a little while longer.* The worry in her eyes is overwhelming. Marrok resists the urge to like her face. These canine instincts sometimes overtake him. He would hug her if he had hands instead of paws.

*Hermit, any news on these creatures we face?*

*If they are indeed possessed undead, then killing them requires decapitation and then burning of the body. But if they possess a living creature, killing them will also kill the host they occupy. In these matters I have yet to discover a solution.*

The ground begins to shake as Migo comes roaring into the room. Shaking violently he sprays off a ton of snow everywhere. He begins to speak to Hermit in an obscure language.

*Migo says the gray wolf ran off cowardly. When they hit the Glaciers edge, it disappeared. Migo has his kin scouting the edges of their land for intruders.*

Migo scurries to his little corner.

Marrok turns to Athena, *What is our next move? I do not know If I can get us back to the past. Can you find your parents in this time? Do you know how to get back to your realm?*

*Migo has a gift for you.*

Migo comes over and presents two very slim backpacks that appear to fit a wolf. *Migo made these for you both. He knows that for Marrok at least running around naked after a transformation can be a bit embarrassing. I have placed a spell on them so that no elemental magic will harm them. Good for Athena as well. There are clothes in the back and weapons if you so need them.*

*Thank you Migo. You are indeed a good friend.* Migo smiles brightly.

Foxyfireswings
Leader
Leader

Post by Foxyfireswings »

Athena looked up at his strong face, joy filling her heart. Rising a determined look crossing her eyes. She nodded at the man and said softly, "In order to kill something that is being controlled on another plane you have to kill the one that is controlling it." Looking out into the snow banks she wondered how they were going to get to her world. Taking the packs from the white creature called Migo she smiled warmly at him grateful for his help, turning back to Marrok she said,"I came to this world ridding on the back of another power, I do not know how to get back." She wondered if she could coach him the way her parents had first coached her on calling forth her energy.

Backpack in hand she said, "We have to try to call on your power to send us back to the spot that we were in when the evil ones first attacked, from there we can gather clues and maybe be lead to the portal which brought them to your world." Turning around to smile at the old man she said, "Again thank you." Turning her golden gaze back to Marrok the centers of her eyes dilating as she called to the fire wolf inside her, she smiled blushing slightly as she said, "Could everyone please turn around."

Unable to control the warm urge that tingled from her toes up to the top of her head she dropped the blanket, her face molding to the delicate but powerful shape of a strong muzzle, her body slender and delicate in her human form, her skin the color of a light pink lily on a spring day quickly changing and shifting into the warm fiery fire that surrounded her, golden eyes changed last from their warm molting hue to that of an ember that burned brightly in the cold night.

Fully changed and resting on four legs once again she gave a hearty shake, filling the power and strength of her wolf limbs responding to her every command, lifting her head she barred her fangs in a wolf grin, waging her fiery tail back and forth.

waterlily
Leader
Leader

Post by waterlily »

It seems their fates are intertwined. Marrok needs to know of his past and Athena will be the key to solving it. Marrok turns at Athena's request. He thinks about sneaking a peak, but she may just bite his nose off, so he decides not to. When she was done with her transformation, the room brightened with her fiery form. Marrok is happy to see her as wolf again. He knows this is how she likes to be.

*I am assuming we do not want to teleport to the exact point in time that we left otherwise we will be facing those dark ones again. We should aim for a few days later to be safe.*

*I have never even transformed at will, how am I supposed to call forth this power of teleportation.*

*You did it once. Your body already knows how to do it, you just need to focus your mind and do it.*

*Yea, easier said than done Old Man.*

Marrok appears to be straining not focusing. He cannot even summon enough power to turn his eyes blue. This task may prove more difficult than he initially believed.