Marrok, The Wanderer (Open)

For non-Serian roleplaying (Persona RP and Fanfiction)
The mists around the mountains clear to reveal in their center a ring of stones, an easy landmark for travelers to gather.

Moderator: Tigress

Foxyfireswings
Leader
Leader

Re: Marrok, The Wanderer (Open)

Post by Foxyfireswings »

Athena looks up at the rain streaked sky and listens to her mate respond. Yark who was flying overhead, smiling softy at him. She closed her eyes and pictured her mate in her heart, the cross on her forehead glowed brightly as she quickly found her in the middle of the woods, rain fell across her face as she walked slowly across the wet ground, around her, she is greeted by wagging tails and many coming up and nuzzling her neck in welcome.

She catches her mates scent and runs through the trees, she can hear him talking through the brush with Zera, coming to a halt just out of sight she sees Zera in human form and Marrok comforting her. Anger flashes in her eyes as she listens in on the conversation. Lighting strikes overhead as Athena steps out of the bushes just as Zera is offering herself to Marrok.

Hatred lights her eyes as she stares at them, lighting flashes behind her. Standing there her eyes glow with betrayal and hatred, the sky reflects that.
Each day is a gift and not a given right.

waterlily
Leader
Leader

Post by waterlily »

*Zera...* Before he can finish his thought Athena comes walking out from behind the bushes. Anger fills her eyes as the lightning screams. Marrok is not in a position that is flattering for an Alpha. Zera quickly retreats and flashes back into her wolf form. *I'm sorry Alpha. I did not mean to offend you. I was confused.* Marrok slowly gets up and keeps himself between Zera and Athena. *Athena my love, this is not what it looks like. Zera was confused and acted on some of her emotions. She knows she made a mistake. There must be some reasonable punishment for what she did?*

Foxyfireswings
Leader
Leader

Post by Foxyfireswings »

Athena snarls in response flatting her ears back, the wind no longer howls above the trees but all around them, her white fur lightens with blue flames, lighting fills her eyes, and great pain enters her heart. Yark feeling her anger and pain rise comes soaring down between them, "Athena!" looking into her pain stricken eyes he says above the wind,"I know your pain, but this will not make it go away, please...." Athena eyes calm slightly for she can feel the presence of others being drawn around her, the other members of the clan were coming back this way.

Yark turns and looks at Marrok, "What are you doing? Can't you see the amount of pain your causing her? Do you want to lose her?" though his word go unheard, Athena heart fills the fresh wound that the death of her mother reopen. Closing her eyes she prayed to Fenris for guidance, around her, the breath and feelings of other swarm over her.

Anger flows over her like a hot wave, her body burns with unquenchable thirst, opening her golden eyes once again the depth of them burning with betrayal, not speaking she steps forward and walks past her stone stance making its mark as she passes Marrok and Zera to a large rock in the center of the glade, jumping up to the rock she looks down at Zera who shrinks back, hiding behind her mate.

Thunder roars over the glade, snarling she lifted her head and howled, a call for gathering. Her voice was filled with anger, but behind it something else filled its depths. Inside Athena was hurting, her human form writhing in pain. Yark flew above his thoughts with her, trying to encourage her to do the right thing. Pushing his mind away, she looked out as the clan wolves came in a large circle around the rocks, many were injured and wounded from the fight.

All were unhappy, for they saw their Alphas on different ground, Marrok stood once again with the ones that were to be judged. Many flattened their ears back and snarled as their gaze fell on Zera and Marrok, but all remained in the circle. Athena snarled demanding silence from the uproarious group, ignoring her mate she addressed the pack, "There is one to be judge before you, she is a Balker." A great uproar of disapprove and death threats is brought out of the pack, roaring Athena rose, silence immediately fell, sitting back down her on hunches Athena continued in a indifferent voice, "She comes before you to ask forgiveness and wishes to be one with the pack once again, what have you say to this?"

waterlily
Leader
Leader

Post by waterlily »

Marrok is startled as Yark lands between him and Athena. He squawks at her and then him, but Marrok does not know what he is saying. Marrok can however feel the pain that radiates from his mate. She feels betrayed and hurt. Marrok does not protect Zera out of love for her. He sees her as someone who is looking for redemption and has made many mistakes in her life. Zera put her life in his hands and now he is honor bound to protect her. The same way he is bound to protect his pack by mating Athena. He is torn, because he does not want to hurt is mate anymore, but letting her kill Zera would do damage to the both of them that they may not be able to recover from.

As she walks by his heart breaks with pain. She closes herself from him as she has done before. The strong Alpha in her is proud and tough. As she calls for the pack, Marrok sits on the ground indian-style beside Zera.

Foxyfireswings
Leader
Leader

Post by Foxyfireswings »

Many wolves rose from their sitting position and raised their tails waiting to be called on. Athena looked into the eyes of a young Dragga his coat a dusty blue color, and his eyes the color of the rising sun, raising his muzzle as the other wolves looked at him, "The Balker are no longer worthy of owning their powers, I think the most logical punishment is to take away those powers."

Marrok sits and watches as many of the remaining pack members surround them. Looks of distaste and mistrust settle on Marrok and Zera. Marrok sits with his chin up and his chest out. He will not be shamed into a cowardly position. He whispers to Zera, "Sit up Zera. If you are to face your judgment, you must do so as a Balker; with honor. Only be ashamed of the things you have done, not of who you are." Marrok's own words weigh heavy on his heart. He has committed so many atrocities. His mate forgives him, but can he forgive himself. Maybe he helps Zera to redeem himself in a way.

Marrok speaks after the first comment. "In times like these, we will need all the wolves we can find and elementals and Balkers with abilities will be very necessary in the coming battle."

Athena nods her head at the young Dragga, as growling fills the air, Athena snarls softly, and looks into the eyes of another, this time a Drappa, rising the brown colored wolf lifted her silver eyes meeting Marrok with a fierceness all her own,"You would have her go unpunished and our blood of our kin rest on the ground with no punishment?"

Athena growled softly at the silvered eyed female, she didn't like the tone in her voice, to much malic and anger, looking at her, she said, "I assure you there will be a punishment given, is that not why we are gathered here?"

The Drappas eyes narrowed as she stared at Marrok, "Yes, but I feel your mate will not let any punishment pass."

Marrok stands up. If he is to be Alpha, then he must stand on equal ground with Athena. "I am not here to persuade you all to not punish Zera. She deserves some punishment. But her willingness to help us and her actions lately should be taken under consideration. Why was I spared of punishment? I committed worse atrocities. And although I still must redeem myself on the battlefield. I am punished everyday for what I did. Not by you and not by my mate. I am punished by those I have killed. Their faces, their screams will haunt me forever."

Athena looks over at Marrok, nodding her head, slightly pleased at the way he handle the situation, turning her golden gaze back to the silver eyed female she said firmness in her tone, "Stand down if you nothing more to add." The silver eyed wolf lowered her muzzle but her eyes still remained fierce, the silver depths shinning with anger, Athena turned her gaze to another. Just as she was looking away she heard the silver eyed one whisper,"My two pups are gone because of her..I will kill her myself." Athena rose snarling as the brown colored female leapt out of the circle and charged at the Zera. Jumping down in front of Zera, Athena snarled as she felt the silvers blow hit her on the shoulder, her teeth sunk deep.

Screaming Athena bared her fangs and dug into the tuff of fur on top of the females neck, looking into the silvers eyes she saw the blood lust. Athenas blood flowed to the ground as the circle of wolves rose and snarled howling in anger. Athena dug deeper and threw her away.
Athena lifted her head as the female fell to the dirt a short ways away, snarling she yelled, "I will not have a blood fight on the meeting ground!"

Snarling the female flew at her again, Athena snarled and met her in the air, landing to the ground with a thud Athena landed on top, her fangs deep within the silvers fur. Being careful not to go to deep Athena held her there, as she began to struggle. Her eyes no longer silver but red with blood-lust.

Marrok stands and watches as the female attacks and Athena defends. She is Alpha as well and the pack must respect her if she is to lead them. He flinches a little when Athena takes a bite from this brown wolf, but Athena quickly subdues her. Marrok walks over to Athena and the pinned female. "Why do you disrespect your Alpha in this manner. Do you not believe she has the best interest of the pack in mind? I know you want revenge. I know the bloodlust you have consumes you, but you need to place you anger towards the true enemy; Wolfbane." A few wolves are taken back when hearing that name. "He is the one causing all this. He is the one that killed your pups." The females eyes return to normal, but are now filled with tears.

"We all need to come together as a pack to defeat the darkness that threatens to consume this land. If we do not, we will all surely die. If you indeed trust us as your Alpha's, then let us finish this judgment of Zera honorably so that we can decide our next course of action regarding the true threat. Does anyone else have words to share regarding Zera and her punishment?"

The silver stops struggling, and stares up at Marrok with sightless eyes, Athena flinches as she feels the female relax, loosing her grip she says between her jaws, "Come take her away from here." three males step out of the circle and come forward helping the brown wolf up, Athena looked into her bright red eyes, the cross on her forehead shinning brightly, "Be at peace sister." The female instantly fell asleep, lifting her head as she was led away she looked around the clan, all that had risen had now backed down. All were watching, Athena lifted her tail and said, "If no other from the circle wishes to speak, I have words."

Turning and walking back up the stone, Athena leaps up flinching slightly at the wound at her shoulder, turning to her mate she sits back on her hunches before speaking, "It is true that the Balker have done a horrible thing, they have broken their pack with the free wolves, and for that they will never own the title of the first among the wolves again."

Looking around at the silent group Athena paused glancing at Zera, then contiuned, "I propose we take away the power of holding and the title that was given to her, and place in her custody an orphan pup."

The roar of disapproval was great, Athena rose snarling, "She has stolen the lives of of other pups, she will now give life to a little one that is lost." Looking across the group she added, "Is there no pup among us that wishes for a bond pack?"

Out of the ranks, the little male that had spoken when Marrok was being judged stepped forward. His gray coat shinned and his eyes were wide and unsure, Athenas gaze softened and she said softly,"You are very brave." Turning to Zera she said, "Would you accept this judgment?" Zera looks to Marrok, as if seeking approval from an older sibling. *This is not a decision that I can make for you. But know that you will be protected as a member of this pack.* Zera looks at Athena and then at the small pup. Zera has never been responsible for anyone. She stands up on her legs in a proud stance and says, *Yes, I accept this judgement from my Alpha's.* A quiet calmness now returns to the area.

Athena nods in approval, her clear eyes look over the group, "Then we vote, all in favor for this judgment?" The little pup who had been watching Zera with intense curiouisty yelped his approval, others nodded their heads, some raised their tail and approached Zera touching noses in greeting, the few that remained slowly nodded and stepped forward to greet their sister.

Athena looked down at the little elemental pup, "What is your name child?" The gray pup looked up with bright eyes, "I'm called Hovar." Smiling Athena said, "Elemental Hovar, you are to stay with Zera as if she was your birth mother, learn from her and grow strong, you are bonded by those of this clan and by the one who created all." Turning to Zera she said, "Zera you are bonded to this pup Hovar, you are to raise him and treat him as if he came from your own belly, you are bonded."

Jumping down from the rock she approached Zera touching noses with her, the cross shinning a bright blue hue, "You are no longer a Balker, and have been removed from the responsibility's of such, the power of holding will be removed." As Athena spoke flames ignited around her body and surrounded Zera in a warm blue light, it only lasted a split second, and the light disappeared. Zera no longer had the dark flames marking her as a Balker across her flank, Athena had removed her title and took her power to hold others in check.

Smiling softly she lifted her head and said, "You are one with the pack, an elemental." Stepping back, the pup lifted his little gray head in a soft howl, the welcome call, Athena lifted hers and joined in, while others called for the newly formed bond.

Athena lowered her head and smiled as the group swarmed over them, most of the females coming up to Zera to give mother advice and to help her get started, Athena knew that they only had a little time to bond. Stepping out of the group Athena jumped over the rock heading into the woods a little ways away. The wound on her shoulder smarted, turning her head she licked at it remembering that she was going to have to check up on that silver female who attacked.

waterlily
Leader
Leader

Post by waterlily »

Marrok walks over to Zera and her new pup. He is overjoyed that her life was spared. He razzes Zera on her head and kneels to great the little pup, who jumps up and licks mArrok. *Quite the excited one are we little fella?* Zera and the pup seem quite happy. *Yark. Keep watch over the area. Alert Athena to anything. Zera. Get with some of the males and have them group up and set up watches to the east and west. Then enjoy the time you do have with you new pup Athena and I will not be far in case danger approaches.*

*Yes Alpha.* *Squawk*

Marrok watches as Athena leaves the group heading off on her own. He quickly navigates through the horde of wolves that have gathered to greet Zera and her pup. Hopping over the rock and running in front of her, he kneels down and stares into her tired golden eyes with his bright blue gaze. *You cannot slip away so easily. I am proud of what you did back there. Your mother would be very proud of you as well. However, I am sorry, but you are mine until the sun rises again tomorrow.* In flash they are gone. Only to reappear at the Glade. Their special place that is hopefully a secret to only them. *Now let me take a look at that wound.*

Athena flinches as she feels his hands move along her fur gently moving it back to see the wound better. Some of the flesh had been ripped from her shoulder and the wound still bled, Athena hadn't used any of her powers to heal herself, she felt worn out. The sun had started to shine from behind the clouds once again, turning her head toward him she said softly in a quiet voice, "I'm fine, its only a scratch."

Marrok looks at the wound again. *It looks pretty bad to me. At least let me stop the bleeding.* Marrok takes out some of that Hermit goop and poors it on the wound. *This may sting a bit?* The bleeding stops and at least begins to heal the wound. *Join me for a dip. It will relax you and rest you. It seems like the weight of the world is on your shoulders.*

Flinching as the liquid burns then warms her flesh, the feeling sending warmth through her shoulder erasing the pain, tilting her head as she sniffed at the green goop, "That is some interesting stuff." Look toward the water Athena stands, her white fur dull from lack of care. Stepping into the water in her wolf form Athena slowly walked into its warmth, dipping her head down to gaze at her reflection, the crystal pendant shined and glowed brightly as she watched it swing down with her.

Marrok undresses and slowly slides into the warm waters of the spring. Cupping his hand he pours water over Athena's fur cleaning it where it is dirty. *I'm sorry for everything that has happened lately. My intention was not to hurt or betray you. And I know you did not ask the council to judge Zera on her actions in the woods. I promise you we will talk to her, so that she understands how much I love you. She was just confused. A confused little girl.*

Closing her eyes as the warm water flows across her fur, a peaceful feeling comes over her body, her muscles relax and un-tense. Tilting her ears toward him she whispered, "Zera acted out of place, I reacted more calmly then another female in my place might have." Opening her eyes she looked at Marrok, "It is also not the clans place to judge on the acts of love." Lowering her muzzle she added, "And if I recall correctly, she proclaimed she loved you."

*I know my love. I think she just may have confused love with me protecting her. We definitely need to talk with her, but not now. This time is for you and me. And I love you more than I have ever loved anyone. I need you to know this and that there will never be another. This is the promise I made to you as your mate.* Marrok rubs his head against her.

Smiling Athena tilted her head down pushing him closer to her, "I know, love, my love for you can't be expressed in words, for it is far stronger then that." Summoning the human that rested inside her, rising on her hind-legs she transformed. Standing before him, her eyes golden and shinning she walked into his open arms. Her heart felt at peace once again, and love grew strong.

Marrok holds his love so tight. In his arms nothing can harm her. He takes in her wonderful scent. Her tigh embrace reassures Marrok that she does need him. he can feel every inch of her warm human body up against his. In her ear he whispers, *I am so sorry about what happened to your mother. I wish I had been there to protect them. I should have been there to protect them. I'm so sorry my love.* Time stands still for them. Marrok does not want this moment to end.

Athena stood on the tips of her toes and wrapped her arms around his neck, pressing herself to the hard contours of his body. Laying her head in the crook of his neck, her body trembled as she held back tears that threatened to poor once again. Her white hair grazed the water, the salt of her tears fell across her face as she stood there in his arms, "Thank you, I wish you could have gotten to know her, I remember how she used to tell story's when I was scared by a sudden storm." Leaning back she tilted her golden gaze up to look at him, she could feel his warm body press against her. Rising up she timidly touched her lips to his, anger and fear melted away as she felt him respond immediately, deepening the kiss and drawing her closer.