Marrok, The Wanderer (Open)

For non-Serian roleplaying (Persona RP and Fanfiction)
The mists around the mountains clear to reveal in their center a ring of stones, an easy landmark for travelers to gather.

Moderator: Tigress

Foxyfireswings
Leader
Leader

Re: Marrok, The Wanderer (Open)

Post by Foxyfireswings »

Athena's eyes grow serious, she steps close to him her warm fire smell enveloping him. Looking at the human she growls slightly, he smiles knowingly and leaves the room leaving them alone. Turning back to Marrok she captured his deep blue gaze, "You must calm yourself, draw energy not from you body but from the very soul that rests inside you.

Your body will follow, don't strain. Think of something peaceful then call forth the time you wish to return to, form the picture in your mind as clear as you can make it." She hoped that this was the way to call the power of time, she didn't think it was to different then her own element, she remembered her own days as a pup and how proud she felt at being able to call forth her own power.

The patient coaching of her father and mother was what awakened her talent, she must do the same for Marrok or her parents were lost. Not letting the worry show she smiled and said softly, "You can do this." She came up with another idea that might work if this coaching did not. Glancing outside she could smell the sharpness of the wind and the almost feel the bite of the cold against her fur.

Trying the gentle way she sits close to him almost brushing her fur with his, looking at him deeply she whispers, "close your eyes and concentrate on what the world looked like before we came here."
Each day is a gift and not a given right.

waterlily
Leader
Leader

Post by waterlily »

As Athena gets close her fiery scent fills the air. It is not a burning smell, but one of fire and earth. Marrok becomes a bit distracted for this is the closest she has ever gotten to him, but he hears her words. They are like a soft whisper in his mind. He releases his body from strain, instead calming his muscles and his mind. He closes his eyes focusing on that day.

In his mind it is as if he is recalling time itself. He can see the dark ones step out of the forest. The stench of decay and death can be smelt. Athena steps in front of Marrok as if to protect him. She calls forth a rope of fire and entangles the creatures. At the same time they both run across the stream. Athena faints with illness and a power consumes Marrok unleashing a blinding light. When the light subsides they are gone. The dark ones retreat to the shadows with no adversaries to keep them their. Day turns to night and night turns to day. In his mind Marrok knows this is a good time to return. What has passed as hours for him have only passed as seconds with Athena.

*I can see it.* He opens his eyes. The power within him shines through with a brilliant blue hue. *Athena, I can see it.* As the energy surrounds them, they lift slighty off the ground and in a flash *poof* they have returned to the same spot they had left days ago. The sun is shining. Marrok is panting from the use of his power. He steps closer to the stream to take a much needed drink.

*Goodbye my friend. I hope you find the answers you seek.*

*Athena...are you OK?*

Foxyfireswings
Leader
Leader

Post by Foxyfireswings »

Athena's eyes brightened as she felt her body being lifted, closing her eyes she opened them when she felt her paws settle on the soft firm ground of the forest, away from the hard stone of the cave. She watched Marrok walk up to the stream to get a drink, his soft pink tongue lapping the life giving water, the sun had ridden high in the sky and as he stood there with his head lowered, Athena noticed how his silver coat shone brightly.

Transfixed she blushed slightly, shaking her head as she dipped her neck down to the ground catching scents and pawing at the earth trying to sense anything that would lead her to the place those creatures had come out of. Sniffing the air she turned in the direction of the field, the scents were the strongest in that direction.

Turning her head she let out a low whine calling out to Marrok, her eyes hardened as she growled, "The scents lead into the field. Are you ready?" She wasn't sure what they were going to find, but they had to try. Dashing out into the field the wind blowing the grass back and forth its warm scent almost masking the scent of the evil ones that passed through only days before.

Treading lightly on the earth she felt the wind rush through her fur, making her heart soar. Turning to glance at Marrok who had come up, she smiled at him barring her fangs in as she took off across the field, feeling her muscles bunch up and stretch to the limits, her ears were flat against her head as she pushed herself out across the grass. Feeling Marrok's paws tapping the ground lightly behind her, she followed the death smell, coming upon the deer she killed a few days ago.

waterlily
Leader
Leader

Post by waterlily »

Marrok was a bit relieved that they did not end up in the wrong time or place. They had little time to spare if they were going to find her parents first. Although faint, the smell of death and decay still lingered in the air. Athena had caught the scent. *I will be right behind you.* Marrok was still a bit winded, but now was not the time for laziness.

Following behind Athena, Marrok could observe her lean body in motion. Her fiery fur restricted like a flame blowing in the wind. Her muscular body flexing with each step taken. She was indeed a magnificent creature. Within minutes they were upon the carcass of a doe that had been slain by an arrow. They stop to check the area.

*I smell nothing in this area. Nor do I sense anyone or anything. Shall we continue?*

Foxyfireswings
Leader
Leader

Post by Foxyfireswings »

Athena turned look at him seeing the tiredness that trended in his paw steps, as she was turning around to go back to him and suggest they rest while she told him more about his power, suddenly something shimmered out across the deer.

Turning her head back around she didn't see anything with her eyes but as she moved slightly to the side, her eyes widened as she noticed that the forest looked out of place. Turning her lean body around she walked back to the deer, the arrow that still stuck out from the deers heart had started to lean slightly to the side, looking hard at the spot were the deer had been pierced, she saw the area above the deer shift and shimmer again.

Turning back to Marrok she said in a happy bark, "I think this is it, they used the arrow I made back in my land to form a link between this world and the other." Stepping back and smiling proudly she said, "All we need to do is jump through it, and it should land us in my homeland."

Barring her teeth and claws she said softly, "But ready yourself I do not know what lays on the other side." Bunching up her muscles she ran forward and leaped up into the sky aimed right for the barrier landing through it she felt a feeling of weightlessness, behind she felt Marrok just along her flank.

The sun started to shine and the clean crisp smell of the mountains hit Athena's nose, but that wasn't the first thing Athena noticed, the first thing was that they were about 300 feet up in the air free falling down the side of a cliff, and the second was that she was going to have to do something about that.

As they fell she heard Marrok's startled cry twisting her body in the air, her muzzle snapping down till she felt her teeth grind against each other, she called the human in her heart, reaching out with her now human hand she summoned all the strength she had, and grabbed a passing branch of a dead tree. She cried out in discomfort as the force of being stopped in mid air pulled hard at her arm threatening to cleave it off. Dangling from the branch she looked down for a split second,seeing the small river and sharp rocks that were a long ways away from her dangling feet.

Looking up she saw Marrok spinning in the air, her other hand slung out and grabbed him by the nape of his neck as he was passing, the sharp force that pulled on her arm almost caused her to scream, gritting her human teeth together to the point of pain. She screamed, "We have to do something." Her nude body slammed against the rock wall, making fresh cuts and bruises along her skin, her mind trailed off for a split second as she realized that other then the backpack she was in her nude on the side of a cliff. The thought almost made her smile.

waterlily
Leader
Leader

Post by waterlily »

As Marrok follows Athena through the portal, he quickly realizes that there is no ground on the other side and yells in surprise. As he falls, he is caught by Athena who must have transformed, because he can feel her hand holding him, but cannot see her. Together they are hanging from a tree some 200 plus feet in the air. Looking around Marrok can see a small clearing further down the river.

Calming his nerves and calming his mind, Marrok focuses on that clearing. The power within shines brightly. *Let Go!* When Athena does, they hover for an instant and then *poof* they fall to the ground. As waterlily shakes off the fall and rises, he notices that Athena is completely naked, except for that backpack. He blushes and quickly turns the other way. *I...uhm...I will just be over here by this giant rock. I'm sorry. I did not see anything. I'm sorry.* His eyes are tightly closed and he is pacing in circles behind a giant boulder.