Marrok, The Wanderer (Open)

For non-Serian roleplaying (Persona RP and Fanfiction)
The mists around the mountains clear to reveal in their center a ring of stones, an easy landmark for travelers to gather.

Moderator: Tigress

Foxyfireswings
Leader
Leader

Re: Marrok, The Wanderer (Open)

Post by Foxyfireswings »

Yark watched with hard eyes, he didn't like the gray wolf that stood at then entrance, something felt wrong with her. But that wasn't the main thought on his mind, he watched as Athenas lifeless body rocked in Marroks arms, lowering his head pain welted up in his heart, as Marrok lifted his head in a howl, Yark joined his voice calling out to Athena.

Athenas ears twitched, she felt light and free of any worry's. All around her friendly, welcoming faces shown through the crowd, her mother stood before her, restored to her former beauty. A great peace came over her heart as she started walking with the other wolves, they were heading to the bright green trees that rested in the distance, a light made of pure white light seemed to be shinning from the center.

But something didn't seem right her heart flip flopped as the pleading voice of her mate whispered to her, turning around she looked around expecting him to be standing right beside her, "Mother? Something doesn't feel right, I feel like I'm forgetting something...." Trena walked up to her nuzzling her white silken fur, "Don't worry about things that are past. You are safe now, come let us travel on and see what lies beyond the light."

Athena smiled gently and began walking forward, she felt her heart tug in another direction, stopping again she whispered, "No, this isn't right. Marrok....the Rouge pack..Makis.." The words seemed to flow from her jaws slowly and unsure, "They need me..." Growling in irritation Trena turned her golden eyes glaring, "You no longer have to worry about the going on in that world." Backing away a confused look coming across her face, shaking her head back and forth she tried to clear her mind, unable to break through the fog she looked up and started following her mother once again.

Suddenly a cry unlike any she had heard before sounded throughout the meadow, the pain in it was great, and the tone was pleading as if trying to summon her back, "....Marrok?....Yark?.." Turning back to her mother she jumped away her fangs reveling as the wolves turned as one staring at her with wide eyes, "I'm sorry, but it is not my time yet, there are others that need me."

Yarks eyes widened as he felt Athenas mind spark, flapping down beside Marrok he screamed into Marroks mind, "That's it, command her, call to her again." Lifting his wings he screeched her name, calling to her.

Athena felt their great love, the cross on her forehead glowed brightly as she turned running back across the field to the darker forest that lay in the distance, behind her she heard the breathing of the other wolves. They followed her snapping at her heals, snarling Athena dipped her head down and ran faster her body moving across the darkening ground, the land grew lifeless once again. Bursting through the trees she flew through the dark tunnel, one of the silver wolves lunging for her flank.

Yark watched in amazement as breath filled Athenas body, and her bright eyes jerked open.
Each day is a gift and not a given right.

waterlily
Leader
Leader

Post by waterlily »

Marrok felt the presence of his love, but her body was still lifeless. Yark squawked so loud in Marrok's mind, but through the noise he heard *call to her...* Marrok reaches with his mind. Suddenly her body felt warm and breath left her lips. Her eyes jerked open as if she was snapped back to this world. Marrok was shocked to see his love again. Staring into her golden gaze, he utters, *I thought I lost you again.* Yark's words return to a dull squawking again, but a smile graces his face. Marrok seems to forget he is human, he begins kissing and licking Athena all over her muzzle.

*Are you ok? What happened? You promised you would not endanger yourself again.* Zera comes around the corner rather hastily. She felt the surge of energy and wanted to make sure all were ok. Marrok looks at Yark and then at Zera behind him. *We need some privacy. Please leave us.* Zera quickly turns around and returns to her post. Yark squawks something and then flies out of the chamber.

Marrok stares into Athena's eyes. *Tell me what happened?*

Foxyfireswings
Leader
Leader

Post by Foxyfireswings »

The sun shown through the cave, Athena could smell the dusty earth, and cold stone of the cave once again. Blinking she glanced around, looking up at Marroks bright eyes, she smiled warmly, burying her head into the crook of his arm, overjoyed to be back. She felt the warmth of his breath near her head as she relaxed, she heard him whisper to her.

Gently pushing her forehead against his hand the cross brightly shinning she showed him brief images of what she had seen, smiling she whispered, "It was because of you I came back."
Tilting her head and gently rising, she glanced outside the cave her hackles rising, "What is the meaning of this?" Blue flames flew along her back as her white fangs opened with a snarl.

"What is wrong my love? You are with us now. Yark and I are both happy."
Her golden eyes flicker with anger as she charges outside the cave, coming to a snarling halt in front of Zera.
Marrok almost forgot about Zera. He quickly jumps in front of Athena. "Wait my love. She is an enemy no more. She wants to help us." Zera quickly cowers behind Marrok and drops to the floor. She understands her place. "She is here to prove her loyalty to me. She guarded the cave entrance while you were incapacitated. Please give her a chance."

Athena tilted her ears back in annoyance, "Loyalty?" Snarling Athena circles Marrok, her eyes ice cold as she stares into the green depths of Zeras, "Balker, protecter of the innocent, you come here?" Snarling, her glittening white fur rising as Zera falls.
Marrok lowers himself onto his knees and grabs Athena by her face with his two hands to look directly at her. "Please listen my love. What the Balkers do they do out of fear. And indeed it is cowardly. But this is there home as well.

Zera thinks that you and I can end the blight that has befallen this place and she risks her own life to come to us. Should we deny her the chance to redeem herself? Did you not fight for me, despite the horrible atrocities that I commited? Have we become so much like the enemy, that we cannot forgive those who have made mistakes? Zera offered her life to me. Look into her heart and mind and see what I tell you. If you still wish it, then I will order her death."

Athena snarls and backs away, her eye are filled with fresh pain, but his words rest heavy on her heart, she knows that if she attacks Zera on this ground she would be no better then the evil one himself. Raising her tail she closes her eyes, then opens them the cross on her forehead burning brightly, lookind down at Zera she says, "You will stand before the pack, for it is not my mate you follow and must show loyality to, but the pack as one."

Raising her neck a look of wisedom and experiance entering her eyes she added, "For the Alphas of a pack are only as strong as the ones that follow, they will decide your fate, as is written in the law."
Marrok is relieved Athena chose the higher ground. He did not want her to suffer with the guilt and sorrow that still haunts him. "Thank you my love. I told Zera the samething before accepting her aid. I only spared her life. It is up to the others whether she keeps it or not." Zera slowly rises, but keeps her muzzle down and her tail between her legs. "We should head back if you are up to the journey my love. We need to assess the damage and see if anyone needs healing. Yark. Where is that annoying bird?"

Overhead Yark was flying over the land his thoughts with Athena, he felt her great sadness and knew how hard it must be for her, soaring down his great wings beating the air he lands beside her, "Athena there is a dark presence heading this way, we must find the others." Turning her head, her eyes softened as she stared at her friend, "Very well, go and start hunting Yark, we will hunt by land." Taking to the skys he soars high his eyes searching the ground and sending images to Athenas heart of what he sees. Lowering her head she looks over at Zera and says in a less angry voice, "Don't cower like a Sika, you were a Balker. Act like one."

Walking over to Marrok she told him everything that she had seen while in the Red Meadows. As she got to the part about her mother her voice caught and she looked away, weakness was not in her nature and thoughts of her mother made her weak. Lowering her head wishing she could feel the warmth of her mothers fur again she opened her eyes pushing the thoughts away.
"It is a miracle that you escaped that place. If it were you, I would find it hard to leave as well." Marrok can sense her pain when she speaks of her mother. "You do not need to hide your fears from me my love. Share them with me. Together we are stronger than any fear." Marrok touches his forehead to hers and whispers, "I know the wolf in you is tough and fearless, but you do not always have to be. Part of my job as your mate is to share your burden. This is something I welcome and wish to do for you. You just have to let me. I Love you so much." He kisses her on the forehead before standing up. He manages to hold back any tears he has, turning and looking at Zera he adds, "Zera. Scout ahead. We're heading back to the camp." With a flash of blue Marrok summons the wolf within.

Looking away, Athena feels shame enter her heart as she watches Marrok change into his silver wolf form. Her body still feels numb, and her heart heavy, but she can feel the ugency in Yarks thoughts, "Now is not the time for my grief....I will avenge my mother and rid the land of evil..then I will morn." Rising to stand beside him she leaned against him feeling the soft fur give as she sighed, "It is the job that was given to us when you mated with me, we must think of the pakc before ourselves, that is they way things are. For we run as a mated Alpha pair." Pain still welted in her heart, leaning more against him she rested her head down on his silver coat.

"I know my love. Your father has told me much of pack life." When her warm body touches his, he smiles. He knows she loves him. He is just not used to this life as a wolf. For him human interactions and love are what he knows. He has never been responsible for an entire pack. His heart grows heavy with worry. He does not know if he is up to the task. Taking a deep breath, he asks "Are you ready my love?"

Athena tilts her gaze to meet his, "Yes." Coming close to his head she gently touches the side of his neck, "Fear not, you will be a great Alpha and will make Fenris proud." Gently nipping him, she tries to lighten her heart for what is to come, her golden eyes watch his carefully. Darting into the woods, her heart weighted on her paw steps as she ran.

waterlily
Leader
Leader

Post by waterlily »

Marrok darts into the woods after Athena. They both seem to be running just a little bit slower. The events that have transpired have take a physical and mental toll on them both. As they approach the foothills of the mountain, Zera waits by forest end and Yark is circling overhead.

*There are no more Balkers or dead ones in the area. I circled the mountains twice. What do you command Alpha?*

*Athena, you need to tend to Verin. And then find any that need healing. Zera and I will go around and help bury any that need it. We need to gather everyone together. There are many things that must be discussed and planned.*

*Yark needs to keep watch overhead and alert us to any approaching danger. Stay close Zera, until you have been judged by the pack, I do not want someone exacting their revenge on you.* Marrok heads off to the elemental caves to help where he can. The ground is covered in the blood of many wolves.

Foxyfireswings
Leader
Leader

Post by Foxyfireswings »

Athenas heart is sickened by the sights and smells of the destroyed camp, as she watches Marrok and Zera run into the trees her heart grows shameful, it was her fault that the pack got hurt, if she had been only a little bit stronger. Her paws felt heavy as she walked past the dead, and her eyes filled with fresh tears, how could so much hate exist.

Lowering her head as she sensed her father in the distance, its all my fault, what good is the sight if it can't hold back the evil that is surrounding us. Crossing a small stream, she approached Verin how had been digging a deep hole so her mother would be put to rest, lifting his head his eyes were hurt and watchful, "Athena are you alright?"

Walking up beside him she whispered, "Yes." her mother lay cold at her paws, lowering her body down beside her, Verin came up to her and gently pushed his head against hers in comfort, "I'll give you a minute to say goodbye." Lifting his head and walking away, Athena lay hers against her mothers and whimpered softly, "I'm sorry mother, I should have been there..." Burying her head in her mothers soft coat she muffled her cry. It seemed like hours before Athena finally rose, lifting her head she howled the death song, singing for her mother.

The sad tone rocked the earth with its power, the sky grew dark as clouds moved in, it hung in the air and among the trees as other wolves joined in from across the land. The wind blew against Athenas white coat as she stood watching her father cover the hole that had become her mothers home. The sharp smell of rain hung in the air, and the wind gushed over the tops of the trees as dark clouds swarmed the area.

Verin walked with her in silence as Athena searched for survivors, she only found a handful. After sending the ones she did find back to camp, she sent her father back to camp just as the first rain drops began to fall, standing on a small hill overlooking the field that they were attacked in Athena thought on what her father said right before he left her to go back to camp, "Your mother would be very proud of you Athena, don't ever forget that."

Lighting streaked across the sky, as the rain fell faster, her coat shedding most of the liquid keeping her undercoat dry. Lifting her head she howled to Marrok, and jumped down from the hill, looking into the sky.

waterlily
Leader
Leader

Post by waterlily »

Marrok and Zera are greeted with distrust and vicious looks as they walk up to the elementals cave. Although it is deserved, this is not a time for revenge, this is a time for morning. Marrok just starts digging, helping to bury the dead. Slowly all the malice towards them seems to go away. All you see are pack members helping each other. Marrok and Zera help to bury many, sending the rest to camp. Everyone looks up at the sky when Athena howls her death call. They both join in on the call. Marrok could not hold back the tears. He sheds them for Athena. Zera walks up to Marrok and lowers her muzzle, *I am sorry for your lose.* When they are done, they encourage all that remaining wolves to head back to camp. Many are reluctant, but have no where else to go. Marrok hears the call of his mate and responds accordingly, letting her know his is near and on his way to her. *Come Zera, I fear your day of judgment is upon us?*

Zera does not move. *I cannot go with you Alpha. I see the way your mate looks at me. She would have killed me already if not for your words. She will surely find a way to have the pack condemn me to death.* She runs off into the woods crying.

*Zera! "SIGH"* Marrok flashes to his human form and dresses quickly before following into the woods after her. In the distance he can hear her crying. Walking up upon her curled up by the roots of a giant oak, Marrok says, *Zera. Why are you behaving so foolishly?* He gets down on one knee to comfort her.

Sniffling, she responds, *It is not foolish to want to live. I know that I have made mistakes, but I cannot change the past. I can only atone for my sins. Your mate would see that I atone with my life. I do not want to die Marrok.* She looks up at him with tears pouring from her eyes.

*Zera. Do you trust me? Did you not put your life in my hands? If I can see the good that now resides in you, then others including Athena will be able to see the same. So much has happened, that they will need some time, but I promise you they will not condemn you to death. You will receive fair judgment and will need to atone in some way.*

Zera raises her head like a scared little pup. *You promise?*

*Indeed Zera. I will not let anything happen to you or anyone else. No more of my pack will die. This is a promise I make to all of you.* Marrok wipes the tears from her face. *No more crying for today.*

Zera jumps up knocking him off balance and starts licking his face. *Zera. This is ...really not ...necessary.*

*I must show respect Alpha.* In a flash she transforms into her human form and continues to kiss Marrok all over. Pushing her slightly away, *Zera, what are you doing?*

*You spared my life, despite everything. I want to repay you Alpha. You can command me to do anything. I am yours. I will do whatever you ask of me.* She tries to continue kissing him. But Marrok keeps her at arms distance away. *Zera. You do not need to do this. I am mated to Athena. Your loyalty is all I require.* She struggles with him to get close to him. *But I want to do this. I love you Marrok. Since the first time I saw you. Please. We do not need to tell anyone. I will take this secret to my grave. Have your way with me Alpha.*