Marrok, The Wanderer (Open)

For non-Serian roleplaying (Persona RP and Fanfiction)
The mists around the mountains clear to reveal in their center a ring of stones, an easy landmark for travelers to gather.

Moderator: Tigress

Foxyfireswings
Leader
Leader

Re: Marrok, The Wanderer (Open)

Post by Foxyfireswings »

(looks like it was my turn to type for an hour :dies: )

Smiling at the older human, Athena walked forward taking the clay bowl from his grasp. "Indeed I am in his debt as well." Questions filled her mind as she moved to sit on a stool next to the fire clinching the blanket tighter. Though her mind was full of questions her stomach was not, lifting the bowl to her lips she began to eat quietly, her tiny human fangs crushing the soft rabbit meat. Smiling she said in a happy voice, "This is very good, thank you" She watched him extend his hand and point it toward the mouth of the cave.

Taking another sip of the stew she turned her face to the fires warmth, enjoying its merry dance. Questions still raced in her mind, how did Marrok get them here, and were was this place, and the ones that attacked was it some of Wolfbane's followers? lifting the bowl back to her lips she heard the sound of hard breathing and a loud whooshing sound, Marrok walked in with snow ridding on his back, she smiled and breathed a sigh of relief seeing that he was well. His mighty muscles bunched up as he shook himself out, erasing the traces of the snow.

Blushing slightly for staring, she turned her attention back to the fire and her bowl of almost gone stew. She turned and smiled shyly as him for this was his first time seeing her in this form. Her heart beat so loud as she approached that she was sure the entire room could hear it, telling herself to stop being foolish she lifted her hand and brushed her hair back our of her face and turned to give him a small smile.

Her eyes were soft and her voice was gentle as she spoke, "Thank you, both of you, for your help.
"My wounds have healed perfectly, there is no sign of any injury." Lowering her head, her hair falling slightly across her eyes, she said, "It is not custom in my clan to reveal our other form except to our clan parents and mate." Glancing down at the blanket and blushing more then she wanted to she continued in a shaker voice, "Manly because it is hard to come across new outfits every time we call upon our human form. So it is something very intimate and personal." As she laid the bowl down beside the fire she said, "What about you? How is your leg?"

Watching the man rise from the fire and walk into another room calling the white beast called Migo to him. Lifting her now fierce golden gaze to meet his eyes she said in a more steady voice, "I'm sure that you have many questions but first how did we get here?" What happened to the evil walkers?"
Each day is a gift and not a given right.

waterlily
Leader
Leader

Post by waterlily »

Marrok grins a toothy smile when Athena talks of coming across new outfits. Not being able to control when he transforms back and forth between wolf and human, he has found himself in rather embarrassing situations. He smiles again as she blushes. *My leg is completely healed. All I needed was rest and my natural healing did the rest.* As the hermit left the room, Marrok looks right at Athena. Her eyes were captivating. This is the first time he has had a chance to see them so closely. He hopes the privacy will allow some questions to be asked and others to be answered.

*From what Hermit can gather, I telerported us here. This ability is not one that I was aware of. All I remember is seeing you fall over, then a sudden rush of energy. After that I woke up here to familiar smells. Hermit says that I awoke a dormant ability with in myself because the situation we were in was dire.*

*I personally think the old man is a bit crazy.* Marrok lets out a small snicker. *But he has always been right before, so there must be truth in what he says. And that is not even the best part. Apparently I not only transported us to this remote location, but I also moved us 10 years into the future. At first I thought the old buzzard finally snapped, but after taking a run outside I noticed the sun is not in the right place for this time of year. I also have this overwhelming feeling that I am misplaced somehow.*

*We are safe though. Not only is this place protected, but those that were after you are 10 years in the past.* Marrok is not sure how Athena will react to all this. His mind wanders, but his eyes are focused on her.

Foxyfireswings
Leader
Leader

Post by Foxyfireswings »

Nodding, her eyes calming as he told her that his leg felt much better. She clutched the blanket tighter as she listened to him tell the story of how they got there. Her eyes widened in alarm at his words, softy commenting to herself, "You telerport us?" Her stomach tightened in knots as she tried to sort out her feelings, were her parents ok? And what had happened to her former clan? Her eyes thoughtful as she lowered her head trying to remember all the history she had been taught as a pup.

Telerportation, Time Travel, then it hit her, the story of Fenris... looking back up at him her face completely serious, "If you don't have a clan, do you know how you got to this land?" Not really waiting for an answer she continued, "Those creatures we saw are most likely the servants of Wolfbane, the story of Wolfbane was supposed to be a legend a story to calm the fangs of small pups."

Sighing deeply she closed her eyes remembering her childhood days as a pup, under the protection of her mother, and the strong gaze of her father. She often thought of those days with a tender heart, for many stories on cold winter nights were shared. Opening her eyes to meet his strong gaze again she began the tale, "The story begins with Fenris, the first of our kind, Fenris was given the power of all the elements, including the power to move across time as he choose. One day Fenris was bounding across a field when he came upon a pack of regular wolves, he had been running alone for many seasons and was looking for a mate."

The fire embers fell further into the hearth, Athena lifted a the heavy iron fire rod to push the logs back into place, continuing the story, "A white she wolf a Drappa was amongst them, he courted her and they ran together for many moons, he brought her before the one that had given him life and asked if she to might bear the same gifts, the request was granted." "I wasn't long before they had gathered among them a pack of seven other wolfs, by that time the white she wolfs belly was swollen with pups. On the night of his pups birth Fenris gathered his clan together and in celebration of the joyful birth bestowed upon them each one gift of his elements; Fire, Water, Ice, Wind, Time, Earth, and Life."

Sighing Athena continued in a bit of a sadder voice, "Later that night, as the two pups that the she wolf bore were brought into the light, the male wolf that had been given the power of Earth turned on the she wolf while Fenris and the others were out hunting to bring home a feast, killing both the she wolf and the newborn pups, the wolf ate the body of the newborn absorbing the power that had yet to settle into their tiny body's, then fled the den running for the hills. Fenris came back only moments later to find his mate and pups dead, a rage like no other filled his body, he gave chase after the wolf. But it was to late, the male wolf had fled to another time. Sending out a cry that shook the heaven and earth Fenris swore revenge for the loss of his love, and as he hunted through the ranges of time, story's of a male wolf who went by the name Wolfbane haunted the lives of free wolfs for where ever this wolf ran, death, and sorrow were sure to follow."

"It is said that Wolfbane is hunting all the children of the other wolfs that had passed on their powers." Finishing her story she thought about the white wolfs pups with sadness, there had been a rumor long ago that one of the pups had somehow survived, but that story had really just been used to cheer up sad pups after they heard the story of Fenris.

waterlily
Leader
Leader

Post by waterlily »

*I do not know how I came to this land. My earliest recollection is playing in the fields as my adopted parents tended to their garden. They always told me that I was found in a basket near the river bed with a scrap of fabric and the word Marrok on it. They assumed it was my name and called me so.* Marrok begins to tear a little telling this story. He does not often speak of his adopted parents. Especially after the incident that forced him to leave them forever.

He turns his gaze from Athena as to not show his tears. *So you are a descendant of this Fenris? How many generations have passed since this story was to supposedly have taken place?*

*If those creatures were indeed minions of this Wolfbane, then he has acquired more powers than the elemental ones he stole. Hermit said it takes an extreme amount of energy to push beings into other worlds.*

Marrok wonders about this tale. Maybe he is somehow a descendant as well. But why can he not control his transformations? Why does Athena's eyes burn in human form with the power within, yet his do not?

Marrok once again catches her gaze. *Athena...I don't want to see any harm come you. If we are to unravel the mystery behind who is after you, we must find answers. Do you know of anyone who may be able to help us? Hermit will do what he can to find some answers as well.*

Marrok turns away again. He cannot look at her for long as too much of himself is given away in his eyes. *What this Wolfbane did has no honor. If he indeed exists, then I will kill him to keep you safe. You should rest a bit more. We can head out at first light.*

Marrok's mind is racing. All of this has happened so suddenly. He does not know what to make of it. His mind is telling him this is not his fight. He has no reason to get involved. It could all just be coincidence. But his heart tells him other things.

Foxyfireswings
Leader
Leader

Post by Foxyfireswings »

Athena pondered over his story, and couldn't help wonder who he really was. As he turned his head away, she felt a sting in her heart and she lowered her head, closing her eyes she whispered, "Yes I am a descendant, and 300 generations have passed since that story was first told." Opening her eyes, she flinched as she remembered the feeling she got when she saw the evil ones, "Only one pup out of 30 litters have the gift, and only one out of 10 litters can turn into a human resembling creature. Most of the young that is born are speaking creatures only."

Sighing softly she added, "And the rest are normal creatures." Thinking about the short story he told about his abandonment, she remembered how a wolf got its powers, looking at him she said, "When a pup is born to a regular wolf with the powers of any of the three, it takes till they open their eyes for the power to set in, and the light that shines behind them is something that my clan calls the mark of knowledge." Lowering her golden eyes she said quietly, "I don't know if that information helps, and I don't know of anyone that would be able to help us."

Your heart beat quickened as she thought of his words of concern, and protection, "I thank you for your help." She wondered silently about the creatures and Marroks time ability, she knew that it wasn't going to be long before misfortune befell her friend, for he would soon be hunted to.

The cry of a wolf filled the room causing Athena to jerk in alarm, her golden eyes turned fierce as she quickly rose, but as the cry filled the room again she recognized the song, her heart jumped a beat then quickened, Mother? Thoughts of her pup days and emotions from her past filled her heart and she grew deaf to what was around her.

She didn't see the man come rush in from the other room and yell a harsh and hard, No.. Athena! Rushing toward the opening of the cave to great the wolf she heard on the other side.

waterlily
Leader
Leader

Post by waterlily »

Marrok thinks to himself that Athena must indeed be special to have obtained both gifts. Maybe them meeting each other was not a coincidence. Maybe they are more connected than either of them knows. *We should talk with your parents first. They may know something and I am sure visiting them would not be something you would object to.*

Marrok flinches as he hears the cry of another wolf. Before he could turn his head, Athena was running towards the cave entrance and Hermit comes shuffling out of the backroom and yells "No...Athena." Marrok's eyes begin to burn a bright blue as he turns to run after Athena. Luckily in this form he is much faster than her slow human legs. Marrok reaches the barrier and turns to the approaching Athena.

"Stop Athena. Something is wrong."