A walk in the woods

For non-Serian roleplaying (Persona RP and Fanfiction)
The mists around the mountains clear to reveal in their center a ring of stones, an easy landmark for travelers to gather.

Moderator: Tigress

Keira
Elder
Elder

A walk in the woods

Post by Keira »

Tonight should have been the most beautiful night I had ever seen. The tall grasses in the meadow were soft and swayed gently as I moved towards a grove of old oaks. The trees themselves were ancient, standing proud and strong, as if they were standing bastion between all that we knew and all that’s actually out there, helping to guard us from having more information than we needed. The light of the full moon flickered down between their branches, spilling its light like a silvery caress across everything it touched. It almost looked as if some magical being had floated down from the security of its sacred homeland just to brush that silvery light across the night in an endless temptation. Maybe it was an unspoken invitation to come play with danger… even just to flirt with it for a little while… what harm could there be in that right? Sighing, I moved a few steps closer so I was standing just inside the circle of oaks. Fortunately (Or Unfortunately, who can even keep up at this point) I saw her standing in the center of the grove and I stopped to lean against one of the trees. So much for my peaceful night. Narrowing my eyes I waited for her to speak.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Re: A walk in the woods

Post by Songhue »

It was hard not to be entranced by the night - there was a crackling feel of magic to it, a clear tingle in the air that tickled the skin.

Sometimes she wished it was easier not to feel such things.

A quiet night? Yeah, right. Her mind was spinning, churning restlessly as her feet followed the pull of the night. Sometimes she simply couldn't resist the thrum of life under the vibrant moon.

Sighing, she stopped in the middle of a small glade and turned her face to the sky, waiting for a solid thought to surface in her restless mind. Discontentment jittered through her, making her dig her nails in her arms and clench her teeth. How the devil was she supposed to get this excess energy out of her system? It didn't help that restlessness made her feel trapped, angry... Wild.

Squeezing her eyes closed, she heaved a sigh and let a murmur escape her lips, carefully prying her fingers loose. "I gotta get out of here. This stupid little town. How can they only worry about how the prom queen got knocked up?"

Shaking her head, she turned to stomp through the trees, walk away the buzz from the night - and found herself face to face with someone who, at first glance, she thought to be a stranger.

Well. Wasn't this going to be fun?

Keira
Elder
Elder

Post by Keira »

OOC: Lol love it!

BIC: The night seemed to change with the tension, getting colder, the breeze abandoning the grove for somewhere safer. It was getting harder to breathe. Every. Breath. Took. So. Much. Energy. Finally when she thought she was going to explode she hissed "what?" Tonight was supposed to be relaxing and not for akward situations. "If theres something you want just say it. If not, I think I'll be going." She knew that she had no reason to take it out on this poor girl but it had been a really sucky day.

"Ok listen Im sorry I didnt mean to snap but I didnt want to see anyone tonight."

She flopped down on the soft grass and leaned her head back against the tree waiting for the inevitable argument that was going to unfold.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Ice seemed to fill her veins, harden her heart as the other girl suddenly lashed out, reacting as if she'd been oggled as a freak. Her fingers twitched - if they'd been closer, the sudden urge to backhand the smartmouth would have been harder to stiffle. As it was, her voice remained level and coldly detached.

"Then you didn't see me. However, should you choose to, I'll be over there."

Pointing to a break in the trees she turned sharply on her heel and marched into the shadows, dragging her fingers through her hair as soon as she felt she was out of sight. Gods, she loved these quiet, vibrant nights, and she hated them at the same time! She never felt more alive, more at ease, than on these nights where she wanted to run for no reason at all and everyone around here started to look like weak prey.

Stopping in front of a massive oak, she pressed her forehead against the rough bark and growled low in her throat, frustrated with her blatant inability to control her instincts. Didn't want to see anyone? She hadn't planned on stumbling over anyone herself! She felt alive, it was true, and she had had a terrible day because of it.

Breathing through clenched teeth, she gripped the bark and channeled the pent up rage into the quiet tree, throwing one wild punch as she pulled away and looked behind her. Crappy day and restless instincts aside, the girl back there seemed more like she needed a hug and a friend than cold indifference. Maybe a little bit of contact that didn't make her want to become a mass murderer would be exactly what she needed as well.

Closing her eyes, she took a deep breath and quieted her body to listen. Any sign, any bit of movement, any give away and she would try to find the girl again. Maybe they could be an ear to one another - she wasn't one of the mindless flock of the town if she was reacting like she had, after all. And if she couldn't be found? The rest of the night alone, stalking through the shadows with her teeth bared in a scowl. Only to wake up the next morning and face the sheep again.

Well, maybe she'd come across the girl later that day, if that happened. She could remember her voice...

Keira
Elder
Elder

Post by Keira »

Sitting there it was easy to reflect on the day. Jessi wasn't usuall such a grumpy person, really she wasnt, but some days just plain sucked and there was a limit to what she could actually put up with. Most days all the normal annoying things could be overlooked but days like today, that were such uder crap fests, just couldnt be dealt with in a civilized manner.

Always a little off the beaten track Jessie was the constant source of teasing and ridicule where she lived. Most girls in her town were slim with long blonde or brown hair and acted perfect in public.. but not Jessi, No she had to have short spiky black hair with purple in it, curvy, and was outspoken and just didnt care what people thought. No, in her opinion the more people wanted her to fit in the more she was going to stick out.

There was no way she was going to be another mindless sheep in her town, no following orders without asking, no being a 'good little girl' . She was sick of it and it was time that she was really going to show it.. granted she might end up killing someone before the end of the week ... but as a slow smile curved her face she knew.

It was worth it.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Nothin. No sound she could pick up on, nothing to tell her the other was still around. Sighing, she shook her head and looked up at the moon again, pulling her mouth into a tight frown. Well, her quiet, buzz-filled night seemed to be back on track again.

Pullin her fingers through her hair she turned in a tight circle, squinting her eyes closed for a moment. What a day it had been! She could handle being the town freak, but some days she really did just want to stab people in their sleep.

"I'll have to do a cleansing ritual tonight," she grumbled, scrubbing her face as she found herself facing north - back towards town. "Need to pull out the proper crystals, find a little extra incense.. And egg that idiot's house."

The thought was quite pleasing. When she started back, there was faint smirk sneaking across her face. Just another day.

OOC| Idiot was originally "B!tch-Wh*re" but I figured that might be a bit too... Ahm, adult. xD