The Tale of Nix

For non-Serian roleplaying (Persona RP and Fanfiction)
The mists around the mountains clear to reveal in their center a ring of stones, an easy landmark for travelers to gather.

Moderator: Tigress

waterlily
Leader
Leader

Re: The Tale of Nix

Post by waterlily »

Waterlily, like a child, became enamored that Vineda was not responding to his distractions. He notices that devilish grin on her face and decides a more direct approach was necessary. He scurries in the other direction, transforms into a fox and darts into the woods. Seconds later he emerges on the other side where Vineda is sprawled out on a rock. With his own devilish grin he runs towards her and leaps as if to tackle her into the lake. It is times like these were a well thought out plan of attack would have proved better than a rash decision made.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Songhue had to smirk a bit as Waterlily moved to tackle Vineda. Shaking her head, she stood and stretched as the nix creature moved into position, laying next to the girl to give her a tight hug.

"May the road rise to meet thee in all the travels, my friend. My mate is awaiting me at home, and so it must be that we part for but the moment. There is much to discuss with him."

With a grin she stood and looked at the michevious little creature that sought to pounce her, eyes twinkling slightly as she called out "And best of luck to thee, as well, for she shall surely give ye a run for it!"

With that, and a wink, she shimmered and was gone, stepping through the realms towards her own home.

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

From tight hug one moment to nothingness the next, Vineda barely had time to think of a reply before her friend was gone. "Peace, my friend, and fair travels" she murmured as if to herself. She knew it was likely Songhue would hear.

Immediately after the words left her she fell victim to the pounce, instinctively rolling with the momentum. She'd momentarily forgotten that she was lying so near the river, however, and she felt a slow motion hovering in the air before a shock of falling into chilled waters.

Spluttering to the surface, she scanned for the devilish Waterlily with a laugh and dragged herself to shore. As her breathing eased once more she looked to the sun. "I too must return and see to my home lands, if briefly." Her voice held only a tiny tinge of regret and apology, for she was sure she would see her new friend again very soon. "Will you be alright?" She did not want to leave him as suddenly as Songhue had.
And I don't know how To slow it down Oh, my mind's racing From chasing pirates.

waterlily
Leader
Leader

Post by waterlily »

One second she was there and the next she was gone. Songhue had vanished right before his eyes. Her parting words were a comfort for him. He knows that someday he will see his new friend again. All this happened while leaping to attack Vineda. It was as if time itself slowed so that she could say goodbye.

Waterlily felt a certain satisfaction in landing a planned attack, even though it was all just in good fun. As he exits the river nearby to Vineda he shakes off any excess dripping water. He heard her words as well and felt a sudden sadness. It seems he will be loosing two friends this day.

To not appear affected by her words, he slowly emerges from behind some rocks and answers, *Go if you must my new friend. One can surely understand the longing to return home. I would not deny you this, despite what my heart desires. I wish you a safe journey. And know that you will be missed.

Where ever there is some body of water, you will surely fining me playing there. He turns away, so as not to appear sad.*

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

OOC| I'm happy to keep this going, I'm just a bit slow to reply. Hope you don't mind.

Vineda had been sad to leave, but hearing the sadness in Waterlily's tone made it much worse. Especially so soon after Songhue's disappearing act. After a moment of consideration, she nodded to herself.

"I can stay one more day if you like. Then I will have to return to my home briefly."
She grinned impishly. "But before I go there is the minor detail of revenge..." Still in her fox form, she turned to look at him, crouched, and prepared to pounce.

"You better run fast.."
And I don't know how To slow it down Oh, my mind's racing From chasing pirates.

waterlily
Leader
Leader

Post by waterlily »

OOC| There is no rush, so do not feel obligated to post quickly. One is content with whatever pace you choose. :)

Waterlily smiles so brightly with the news that his new friend will be here for another day. He was just getting to know her and then she has to leave. But as he turns to nuzzle her, he sees she is ready to pounce. She might not have appreciated the surprise attack he planned and executed earlier. He quickly turns and begins running towards the trees, but he fears he may not be fast enough. He continues running, glancing back in fear.