So...I am new and lost!

Ask away~!

Moderator: Tigress

HarleRaven
Foal
Foal

So...I am new and lost!

Post by HarleRaven »

I am definitely lost in the figurative sense, and I may just be lost in the literal sense! *Looks for self.* Nope, just the figurative sense.

Vineda referred me, saying this was an RP site. It appears to also have something to do with adoptables (probably horses, since I keep seeing horse references like foal, mare, etc.), and I cannot find any sort of FAQ or anything to help remove my confusion.

I have been RPing for, oh good lord, about 12-13 years. So RPing is not the issue. I am just not exactly sure WHAT we are RPing here. I want to make a character, but I need to know what sort of character to make. It tends to take me the better part of a day to make a character (since I like to make them as multi-dimensional and fleshed out as possible), but I need details! :P

So, here I sit, staring at the pretty layout. Would anyone help a silly little Raven out?

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Re: So...I am new and lost!

Post by Vineda »

It seems to me you can be whoever and whatever you want here :D

This thread: http://www.sionayra.com/roleplay/viewto ... f=13&t=584 Is for Persona Characteristics, where you can make one or more characters. You can describe character(s) there, list forms, even post links to images. We had one member who was a vampire, others are shapeshifters of various sorts, etc, etc. Perhaps if you read a few entries there you'll see what I mean.

The different boards (boards, are they technically called?) serve different purposes. The Visitor's Glade tends to me more for chatting and conversation, events, etc. The Foothills is for "non-serian" RP, so for your character(s) and others'.

The Fields of Sionayra are for RP with serians, the equine based creatures found here. There are adoptions here for those members who've been approved to be adopters, though it's not adoptions on a large scale. Entries are for however many serians available for the month, which may be for example 3 or so. The three lucky winners get to adopt a unique serian that month, others who didn't win may have better luck the next go around.

Next question?? :D

Guys, did I miss anything? Screw anything up?
And I don't know how To slow it down Oh, my mind's racing From chasing pirates.

HarleRaven
Foal
Foal

Post by HarleRaven »

So I can have humanoid or animal-based characters, mythical or realistic? Sounds fun. :3 The question is...use a character I already have or make a new one. Hmm.

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

All up to you; you can do both if you want. ^^
And I don't know how To slow it down Oh, my mind's racing From chasing pirates.

HarleRaven
Foal
Foal

Post by HarleRaven »

Thank you. Well, since I do adore character creation... *Runs off to make a shiny new character to torture... I mean, play with!*

Foxxfyre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Foxxfyre »

Welcome!!! I love to see new people on the site ^^

Basically, Sionayra is set up to support pretty much any persona, they're just non-native to the world. Most people prefer to RP their main persona with one or more of their Serians in the Fields of Sionayra, but there's also a few sections for various other RP types ^^

For reference, the types of creatures that are adopted out here are Serians, and you can see the latest ones here:
http://sionayra.com/blvah/blvah3.html

There are older Serians as well, since I've been doing this for quite some time, so don't be surprised if you see some that look completely different, like these really early ones: http://the_den_01.tripod.com/serian3.html

The rules for adopting are here:
http://sionayra.com/adopt/rules.php

Since I was on hiatus for a while, though, a lot of those rules aren't enforced currently, such as new people being required to have an existing page, though it's definitely not a bad thing to have one ^^ We currently don't have any regular adoptions going on because I'm going through my to-do list, but my moderator, Tigs, is giving out Abandoned Serians to people who participate in various events and such, so keep your eyes out for that!
Sa souvreya niende misain ye... I am lost in my own mind.