To-Do List And Happy Holidays ^^

What I'm currently working on, and what has just been finished. Suggestions welcome!

Moderator: Tigress

Foxxfyre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: To-Do List And Happy Holidays ^^

Post by Foxxfyre »

Kyra wrote:Wow I can not wait to see her!^^

Also wow so many steps. I play with gimp from time to time but layers and I do not mix, I seem never to get on layer to show up or lose one. lol Its really amazing your horse drawing skills and computer art!^^

Orcas and certain pose dolphins are the only ones I can draw well.
Yeah, I really can't use GIMP at all >< Honestly, I don't know if I could color the same without using Fireworks. It's stupidly expensive, but... pretty much the best program for my style. Fireworks + my Tablet are pretty much the only reason Serians are pretty at all ^^;
Sa souvreya niende misain ye... I am lost in my own mind.

Foxxfyre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Foxxfyre »

Rainer wrote:Oh wow.. Thats so cool ^^ How did you get into making them?
I needed gold for the Market (Dragonspirit's? I think?) >.> I wanted to buy some of the other, more expensive critters there, so I just... tried drawing XD Before that, I was just a forum lurker on Lexington's Flame Unicorns adoption site ^^; Indigo Unicorn and I used to RP together, and I'm kinda glad I can't read how noobish I used to be, hehe

Kyra
Elder
Elder

Post by Kyra »

Oh cool never heard of Fireworks, but the tablet look great for drawing and colours on. I think That is why my colouring, drawing and shading of whales is poor, my hand is not as steady with the mouse as with a pencil lol.

Curious how did you know you wanted a tablet? I see a friend my a few times use her, looks like almost drawing. I thought about one off and on, but not sure if its right, I love drawings but get annoyed when I can't get it right on the comp as how I drew it.
I need a new image holder...lol

Talia
Elder
Elder

Post by Talia »

I'm jealous. I use a bamboo tablet from Wacom but I can't reproduce anything close to the Serians, obviously. >.< You're too talented!

Foxxfyre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Foxxfyre »

I knew I wanted a tablet because of the same reasons you just mentioned! I stunk at drawing/coloring with the mouse, just ask Oracle XD I definitely recommend a larger tablet for coloring correctly... mine's 9x12. I got mine at an educational discount, not sure if they're still doing that, but it was about $300 I think and is almost 10 years old now, still works beautifully, even on new computers, so well worth the cost in my opinion!

It still took a long time to get to where I am right now, even with a tablet though. It's mostly practice, but the tablet is definitely necessary for illustrating on the computer.

Fireworks used to be Macomedia's image editing program, but when Adobe bought them out, it became Adobe's software for web graphics. I find it a -ton- easier to work with any kind of graphic in it, since it has the best things from Photoshop and Illustrator, and none of the annoying things. Every Serian I've ever made has been done with Fireworks ^^ It's really pricey, though >< I think it's currently $400 for a new one, and $150 for an upgrade.

Foxxfyre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Foxxfyre »

Status update: Hollyberry is fully blended and just needs to be shaded and refined, and then she's done! Since she has a lot of white (and lighter colors are harder for me to shade ^^; ) she'll probably need another 2-3 hours of work. I'd expect her finished by this weekend or in the week after that if work puts me in a coma (which is likely :P )