Just Curious... :)

What I'm currently working on, and what has just been finished. Suggestions welcome!

Moderator: Tigress

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Re: Just Curious... :)

Post by Vineda »

I thought about an altar* for them as well, but then i started thinking that there might be plantsy woodsy earthy ones and other sea/water ones, shadowy and airy and etc ones. So then my brain got all wrapped around itself and i had to stop xD

Edit: why did i write circles? I meant altar >.>
Last edited by Vineda on Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Well, I can't say as it's brilliant, but I have an adoption idea thanks to Vines.

Since its likely to be a mixture of types done in this neato little shortcut (I personally like Silent Song better, btw), it could be like some of the previous hullabaloo events. What I mean by that is simply that rather than selecting the alter, you could select one of the standard alters (such as Deep Shadows <33 *swoon* <33) and if there's a painterly Serian who would otherwise suit said alter, you get them - or if there's a traditional style, you get them - and, in case you'd be worried about such a thing, you could always make sure to announce that painterlies would be available for the current adoption, which lets people skip out if they'd like to (like say their last 6 lovelies were in painterly style).

Also, the Silent Song can easily be the alter that sneakily integrates with all the others, since it won't be as drastic as a Sacred Seas trying to infiltrate a Red Sands. It could even be a Special Stat rather than an alter, but as those are meant to be super hyper ultra rare I would think the alter that sneaks into other alters would probably suit better. A ninja pirates alter! Yarrrrgh! (Why yes, it is bed time, why do you ask? XD)

Or even a subspecies evolution, rather than a new alter. Painterly style could even be inheritable through breeding in that case, or just a rare rogue gene that randomly attacks and lays siege to the plunder that is Serians. Although I suppose that's exactly the same notion as an alter, so forget I even said anything.

Sleep. Must sleep. My gods.

I very much doubt any of that made sense.
Last edited by Songhue on Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Foxxfyre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Foxxfyre »

Vineda wrote:I thought about an altar* for them as well, but then i started thinking that there might be plantsy woodsy earthy ones and other sea/water ones, shadowy and airy and etc ones. So then my brain got all wrapped around itself and i had to stop xD

Edit: why did i write circles? I meant altar >.>
I thought that's what you meant but didn't want to assume XD I was getting wrapped up in all of that as well until I decided that a main type I am missing an Altar for that could fit really nicely with this new style would be one that represents the intangible.

I'm going to describe this horribly, but it does kind of fit alongside Songhue's infiltration idea, because these new Serians, while appearing at first glance to be a normal Serian, would exist partially outside of the physical realm and would be connected in the spirit realm so that they can communicate with each other as if they were in the same room at any time, if both parties are willing. So they're awesome emissaries, spies, messengers, etc :D But they can have an appearance that seems like it would fit in a different Altar because their Altar doesn't exist in the physical realm so it has to use one of the other ones to birth its Serians, which influences their appearances.

Does that make any sense at all? ><

This would also let me do Songhue's subtype adoption idea, so that could be a neat way of sticking with the old method! I've also been toying with doing something like posting a key bit of the adoptable Serians' outlines and letting people set their top 3 based on those little hints, or just randomly picking someone using a random number generator, or just stating the adoptable Serians' names and letting people pick from that... or some other things ^^
Sa souvreya niende misain ye... I am lost in my own mind.

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

The plot thickens!

Oooh I love the sound of this. Perhaps too early to trust myself to grasp all the details entirely at the moment, but I’m blown away. Silent Song sounds pretty perfect for them then :p

I think it’s kind of been neat in the more recent past of adoptions, having a “theme” of sorts that differs here and there. By outline, altar, name etc. Not always knowing what to expect when it comes time to submit preference...

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

I like the idea of showing part of an outline - the head, the legs, some small piece - and guessing which name goes to which. The adoption games are such fun!

Aria
Leader
Leader

Post by Aria »

I apologize sincerely for being so late to this post! Luckily Vineda gave me a *poke*

The new designs are beautiful! And if it makes it easier/less time consuming for you, I'm for it! Very excited to see what you come up with. Also, so glad to see everyone again!! Missed you all! ^.^