Just Curious... :)

What I'm currently working on, and what has just been finished. Suggestions welcome!

Moderator: Tigress

Foxxfyre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Just Curious... :)

Post by Foxxfyre »

Hey all!

So... my issue has always been my coloring, as it takes a ton of time compared to outlines, and I like it that way when I -have- time, but as you all know I just haven't been able to get large enough blocks of time in the last -decade- to actually reliably have a legitimate adoption going on (or even an unreliable one -_-; ).

I have -so many- outlines, though!! SO MANY.

And I just became aware of a really really neat website that colorizes outlines BEAUTIFULLY called PaintsChainer. As an example of what it can do with zero effort on my part, here is Veil's non-cleaned outline:

And Jetsam's:

I really didn't intend to do anything besides play with the technology a bit, but I was so impressed...

So, I was wondering, is anyone interested in me creating a Serian Circle using PaintsChainer as the primary coloring method and then being able to adopt the offspring of that Circle? I don't want to replace the main style of the site, but this would give me a huge shortcut. I would basically clean up an outline, auto-color using PaintsChainer with the colors I want, and then modify it using my image editing software so that it looks exactly like I want it to.

I -still- plan on finishing up the Serians I owe, and making more non-PaintsChainer ones, but this would let the adoptions start again if anyone is still interested :)

Be honest though! I've always been on the fence about using major shortcuts, so I'd like to know what everyone who still comes here thinks :)
Sa souvreya niende misain ye... I am lost in my own mind.

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Re: Just Curious... :)

Post by Vineda »

Those are so pretty in a watercolor, faerie kind of way, i love them! I also really like the circle of watercolors idea with offspring adoptions. I love the original serians too much to give up on them in a trade for this new style... But if they won’t be going away for good I think it’s a great idea and am casting my vote FOR them ^^

So neat! Worth the wait!

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

I think that sounds brilliantly innovative, honestly. I'm looking forward to seeing what manifests! And a little more life around here is always a good thing. ^_^

Keira
Elder
Elder

Post by Keira »

Oh my goodness!! Yes! They look fantastic and would be so wonderful!

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

I'm maybe delaying going to sleep by wayyyy too long and might have messed around out of curiosity, and I can really see the appeal.

I used one of their available stock images. ^^' From what I've found, it makes testing colors in various areas Really easy. You basically put a strip of whatever color suits your fancy where you'd like, and it'll spread that color around for the water color feel. Add some more definition with shadows/ect., and you've not only got your base colors set but a really nice touch of the colors shifting already in place to help with the shadows et al to be added, rather than flat blocks.

I only took so long on it because I had a horrible time deciding how I wanted the color scheme to look!

This has SO MUCH POTENTIAL for a painterly circle of serians. The color ranges are going to be amazing!

Foxxfyre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Foxxfyre »

I'm pretty impressed with the line cleanup as well :) It seems like my best results are always from the initial colorization, so I think what I will do is just do very minimal work in the tool itself and then bring that into my image editor and play with selecting different portions and modifying their colors that way for more precision. And I can add a few extra things in there that don't take up too much time ^^

I did change my mind just a little bit after the initial post and I think it would work a lot better to create a new Altar for these Serians :) I think I would call it the Altar of Silent Song (Altar of Silent Verse?), and I will change the method for adopting from Altar preference to something else that makes more sense ^^ Not sure quite what yet, so if anyone has a brilliant idea, I'm all ears!
Sa souvreya niende misain ye... I am lost in my own mind.