Life

Any non-Serian (visitor) is welcome here! Mainly for the Serians' Bonded to get together and chat about random topics, but there really are no rules besides being courteous ^_^

Moderator: Tigress

Krinlith
Leader
Leader

Re: Life

Post by Krinlith »

*sigh*
So it seems that a member of my family that borrowed money from me (Quite a bit, to be sure) has been upsetting a lot of people with the way she's been handling things lately. Our grandmother babysits her daughter and gets paid for it, but she hasn't been paid in about two months. It seems I may have been suckered out of my money, as they were relying on my kindness and willingness to help in dire straits. Even knowing this, I probably would take the same action I took if given the chance. I texted them this morning asking for the money back and as of this post, I have not received any reply or even an acknowledgement of the fact that she received the text and plans to get the money back to me ASAP. Nothing. This upsets me, and I feel very taken advantage of. I don't like when others use my kindness and stomp all over it. Ugh.
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
-Groucho Marx

Talia
Elder
Elder

Post by Talia »

No good Krin. :( I have far too many family members like that too. Bad things happen to good people unfortunately. Here's hoping sometime soon they recognize exactly what you did for them and actually repay your kindness with kindness.

Krinlith
Leader
Leader

Post by Krinlith »

Update: A response has been given. I should expect it tonight. Success (possibly)!
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
-Groucho Marx

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Woot! <3 As far as family that lets you down goes, I'm currently an hour late for work with absolutely no sign of my ride and a 20 minute drive ahead - if it wasn't for you calling to let them know for me, Krin, I may have lost my job today. As it is, I'm still nervous about it. :( Luckily, I have you for the call and Tal's lovely post to help perk me back up. :) No use worrying too much until I find out for sure, one way or the other, how much trouble will come of this.

Kyra
Elder
Elder

Post by Kyra »

That is horrible Songhue. Counting on someone for a ride and they bail, forget or at late. I hope all goes well at work. I know my work is really good with being late as long as you explain why. Mine last week was almost a collision on highway and I could not get onto it from where I live. ( I did get there just in time- had to wait 30mins non moving. Good thing like to have a about a 20minute safety net lol)
I need a new image holder...lol

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Well, not fired, which is good news. While this has officially been a bad week, I haven't had a breakdown at least. Holding tight to the joys of Samhain and mystery Serians, and loving on my own. :)