Life

Any non-Serian (visitor) is welcome here! Mainly for the Serians' Bonded to get together and chat about random topics, but there really are no rules besides being courteous ^_^

Moderator: Tigress

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Re: Life

Post by Songhue »

I already told you this but I'm saying it again; you are, absolutely, without a doubt, NOT a pain, and you being inconvenienced is certainly not in the least a pain in any sense other than I can't go pop over there and wave my magic bopping steek and fix it! :heart: When you're up for it again I'm super-willing to jump right back (still craving the interaction as bad as ever), but until then I won't go adding 'something more' for you to get to (which means that Path can just sit still for a bit, and don't you glare at me, Sundancer, I don't put up with rudeness any more than you do!)

Keira
Elder
Elder

Post by Keira »

Haha thanks love :heart: Well since Pixie is still waiting for Paths response as it is I don't feel too bad about that one. Bite, Zara, and Tempest on the other hand... are a bit annoyed at me ;)

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Haha, that's WHY he's still waiting. ;) No use adding one more to that list.

Work kicked my butt today. I'm pooped, and full of rambly, contemplative, life-reassessment thoughts from what I've already learned on the job, and it's half passed midnight and I have to walk the baby sis to school at seven thirty. But I can't sleep because of rambly-life-assessment thoughts.

Ah, well. C'est la vie, eh?

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

Saved and scrimped and finally spent funds I should have kept for backup/in-case... but I finally have a real laptop now! Incredibly excited; I can see the whole page instead of squintying and adjusting and scrolling... ahhhh! It was a worth-while investment; the last school project I had to do was a mess because my lil netbook's functionality was going a bit down the drain. So!! Now I just need that darn time-turner to get here already so I can put life on pause while I catch up on sleep and studies! Then I'll be free to spend my extra time here hassling you all :heart: :angel:

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

So yesterday was absolutely blessedly perfect, and as Krinlith asked why (and Vinny showed an interest in the reason) I figured I'd share. 8D

In order:
Woke up to the lil bat Seth rather than an alarm (slept straight through those), putting my hair up became a kind of family event (they totally bailed me out with my mega-fail hands), I got myself Chik-Fil-A nuggets for breakfast and remembered to grab some Polynesian sauce (that stuff is good enough to be Fae food, I swear), got through 275 out of 299 pages in a library book that Seth had read and absolutely crowed about - and I loved it, it's exactly the kind of book I woulda read in middle school there abouts - actually managed to keep busy at work (getting into the groove better), got through my first squirming little nippy dog all on my own while doing a nail grinding, washed the most perfect little puppy on the whole planet (I loved how brave and curious he was!) made a new friend in a cashier named Erica who's apparently been on staff at the Dallas Who-Con for two years, spent all of lunch talking with her to find that out, got back and finished the kennel cleaning to have 15 minutes to screw around in which I had my first properly decent convo with Monte, a stylist I work with in there (I'm getting more than Steve and Trina being nice to the new-girl, however appreciated they are), got Chip's Ahoy cookies on the ride back home, walked my Mitch a mile round-trip for the sake of his health (arthritis + he's gained even more and he was already hefty) and on this walk he does the doggy-love thing (backstory: Mitch is a very neutral dog. Normally, his tail isn't down in submission nor held straight up in a dominant manner, but straight out behind him in a "don't mess with me and I won't go looking for trouble" style. During the walk, he was being perfect on the leash - taking his cues from me, checking on me, following and not pulling - but his tail was straight up in the "I am not going to back down" signal, showing that while he was completely acknowledging me as the leader he was totally willing to have my back), and when I went to climb into bed it was all made already and Seth had even set up the soundscapes music channel for me, upon which point we laid there and talked together until about 11 or so.

Today she made sure I was properly awake when she left (I prefer that), I took a light nap for a few hours to catch up on not-quite-enough-sleep from talking/getting in late, grabbed a shower (and tried some new shampoo which I find remarkably cooperative) and found a tasty velveeta mac-an-cheese-with-hamburger heat-an-eat for lunch. Now I get to fiddle around on Pirate101 for a few hours and just enjoy my day off before walking my dog the mile again to fetch the little Monster, and just overall enjoy the first day off in my four day weekend before spending the next three focusing on wrapping up my final.

I am veeeerrrrryy happy. :D

Keira
Elder
Elder

Post by Keira »

Yay! You deserve it love. Wishing you many more perfect days! :heart: