Life

Any non-Serian (visitor) is welcome here! Mainly for the Serians' Bonded to get together and chat about random topics, but there really are no rules besides being courteous ^_^

Moderator: Tigress

Tigress
Mod
Mod

Re: Life

Post by Tigress »

Sorry to hear Kyra :( based on the head spinning thing... have doctors investigated the possibility of Vertigo for the headaches and spinniness? I had Vertigo twice in the last 5 years, both times had me bedridden because I couldn't stand and my balance was pulling me down to the ground. Extremely disorienting :out: . Unfortunately all you can do is some basic sitting up, turning your head, and sharply laying down exercises to try and knock whatever is out of place in the ear, back into place again.

I actually struggle with constant nausea and digestive issues as well, so does my partner. We both have pretty extreme anxiety (I have diagnosed C-PTSD, extreme GAD, social anxiety, agoraphobia, extreme depression, OCD, BDD, and an eating disorder) and doctors have told us both we basically have chronic stress-related IBS. If your stress levels are bad enough your body can do a whole host of weird things in response. I've had joints spontaneously ache in my foot to the point I couldn't bear weight- as if my foot just broke itself overnight, my tongue has swelled up like I had an infection (but I didn't), I developed anemia (though that's partially because of the eating disorder), I've had foggy vision and shaking, inability to control my body temperature (another thing I noticed you had too), excessive sweating, and probably more XD.

If physical tests aren't showing much and you feel you may be suffering from a mental illness, definitely bring that up! You'd be surprised how relevant it can be if it's severe. I hope you get some answers, I'm in and out of the doctors on a bi-weekly basis myself so I know how frustrating it is to be a complex "mystery case" :sulk: <3.

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

I’m sorry to have been so absent lately, moving kicked our butts! Should be getting internet soon to go with the newly repaired computer *eyeroll* always something :)

Kyra
Elder
Elder

Post by Kyra »

Thanks for the suggestion Sunblind. I am on one med mainly in summer but been on it for 3 and half years and off in the winter, so I doubt that caused the stomach pain, but I keep it in mind.

Thanks Tigs, you too *hugs* Yours sounds 10 times as worse. Yes I been checked twice for Vertigo but my eyes don't bounce, they act normal and other tests for are a negative too. Thanks we can share and vent about our "mystery cases." :( Had my ultra sound on Friday and after and actually during my sides of my stomach were very tender. The rest of the day and then my work shift was in quite a bit of pain. Then mother nature decided yet today we let spring here in full blast, guess who's head problems are caused my dramatic weather change with barameter... Mine, so between the two left work early by only an 1hour and a half but could have easily left half way but was determined to try and push through. Proud I got 3 more hours in but I was spent and dead rest of the evening. Sat was good and Sun my migraine be back, so uped my dose to a full pill and other than slower than ice melting, I am good. It takes a day for the sleepish side effects to were off, but at least no pain!

On up note and curious. Does anyone watch Siren, ShadowHunters, RWBY or Ransom? Also did anyone watch Teen Wolf and The Shanarra Chronicles?
I need a new image holder...lol

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Holy cattle, Tigs, you've quite the list there! Hubby's is similar, and causes a lot of confusion with his health because of it all. Half his health issues are first thought to be mentally triggered, especially with the stress levels he stays at, and the other half aren't treatable because of his particular brand of C-PTSD >,_,< D.I.D. complicates eeeeeeverything. I remember in particular that his kidneys were being harmed by his blood pressure pills, but for a few months he thought it was a phantom pain from past beatings - his prescription changed pretty quick when he found out otherwise. Trying to find the right answers is a constant struggle, even with the same bi-weekly appointments with doctors and therapists. :(

We're without net for a few days here - waiting for services to switch to the new house - so while I had intended to get back to you today, Silv, on both the threads, I'm afraid I have a bit of a delay. :lol: I have an appointment for Thursday, though! The guy should get here that afternoon. :)

Tigress
Mod
Mod

Post by Tigress »

Hey it's not a competition! I've been dealing with most of this stuff since I was a kid so I probably handle it better than someone who has one or two of these things unexpectedly dumped on them in later life :(. Everyone has different threshholds for different suffering and I'm not here to make anyone feel insignificant in their struggles <3.

Kyra: Ugh, I feel you on the weather and air pressure changes. I had a surgery on my right knee two years back that loves to let me know when storms are coming in... unfortunately lol. Happy to hear you're getting some relief, and don't push yourself too much. People around you will be understanding (or at least, they should be!) and you'll just end up hurting yourself more later on, this is something I've come to learn <3.
I don't watch any of the shows you listed, unfortunately. I'm more of a Game of Thrones, Supernatural, and recently Breaking Bad kind of gal.

Songhue: I feel for your hubby as well, Song :(. I know how frustrating it is to literally feel like you're dying and have doctors sigh at you and go "I don't know, it's probably anxiety". Sometimes I wonder if I didn't have anxiety in my medical records if they'd be a bit more thorough and if they'd find something else, it almost feels like a scapegoat for them sometimes :/. But I'm not a medical professional so I'm probably grumbling for no reason ^^;. I'm suspected for DID as well but as of yet unconfirmed because my symptoms are as close to DID as BPD and all very "standard" for someone with my amount of trauma. I'm so sorry his medication triggered his PTSD, that's absolutely horrible! I've had mock heart attacks and mock miscarriages but nothing directly related to any instances of trauma so I count myself lucky in that. I also know how hard it is to keep going to the same doctors and therapists and feel like you're just wasting time and transportation money >_<. Tell him that a fellow fighter is hoping the best for him and to not give up until he gets answers!

SunBlind
Leader
Leader

Post by SunBlind »

Kyra wrote:On up note and curious. Does anyone watch Siren, ShadowHunters, RWBY or Ransom? Also did anyone watch Teen Wolf and The Shanarra Chronicles?
I actually don't watch any of those, though I would watch Shanarra if they would play the first season on a channel that I can get (I recorded the second but don't like jumping right into the middle of a show). I saw a little bit of Siren but I had so may other shows I was watching (and a ton of movies on the PVR to get through) that I decided not to add yet another one LOL