Life

Any non-Serian (visitor) is welcome here! Mainly for the Serians' Bonded to get together and chat about random topics, but there really are no rules besides being courteous ^_^

Moderator: Tigress

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Re: Life. Can't live with it, would be dead without it. XD

Post by Songhue »

So apparently, via the definition of Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease, I have it - and also apparently, if left untreated, it can cause throat cancer. Also apparently, via the very same stomach problems/symptoms as my baby sister, I have an ulcer. Both have been suspected for a while, but that the baby sis has been diagnosed by a doc and that the acid article in Prevention Magazine refers to chronic reflux happening two or more times per week (along with every single 'if left untreated' symptom occurring save the cancer {I hope}), I am now officially screwed.

Now I have to wait for paperwork to go through in some clinic down the street so that my type of insurance can cover a doc visit of my own (which I am dreading - phobia) so I can get officially diagnosed with an ulcer myself and start poppin the pills to help with that (which supposedly may help at least a bit with the reflux). That's all fine and dandy, but discovering the risk of throat cancer while in this place that has pretty much nothing but food which I shouldn't be eating while I wait for the paperwork to go through... Yeah, I am having a FML moment, currently.

Top that off with relationship trouble for more or less this entire year, and I really am just about half a step from going demon-dragon and burning everything to the ground.

*glares a warning at Caustic not to encourage me* :x
:sulk:

Kyra
Elder
Elder

Post by Kyra »

Oh no! *hugs* sorry Songhue.... I am not sure what I can say. I hope the pills get rid of the ulcer and the treatment works!!
I need a new image holder...lol

Foxxfyre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Foxxfyre »

Sorry to hear that, Songhue :( I hope everything's all right... stupid paperwork. Sometimes I feel like people create paperwork so they can have more excuses to be lazy and not do any real work ><

I'm also terrified of doctor visits >< I have a HORRIBLE fear of needles, and it seems like that's what doctors are most fond of -_- I swear they're modern day vampires. On the plus side, though, after you're done with the doctor visit, all the anxiety and uncertainty is gone, and at least you know where you stand and can move forward.

Lastly, don't listen to Caustic, he's an instigator! Path will point you straight, even if you don't ask :P She'll also probably shut him up while she's at it, but just in case he start whispering behind her back... burning things down rarely makes one's life better ^^;
Sa souvreya niende misain ye... I am lost in my own mind.

Kyra
Elder
Elder

Post by Kyra »

I second Foxx with following Path not Caustic.

Also I agree Foxx doctors love, not like, love to give needles!!! I had a phobia and got down to will take willingly, but not saying as you give it too me I not going to turn into a ghost with my complexion. Also drawing blood from me, had once 1st time ever this year well I cried, was ghost white, could not walk and after it was done I had to sign my name... Well i think the only letter legible maybe the K first letter in name the rest was squiggles.

It better to know where you stand, like my anxiety I had when in school, I thought doing all I was told would tell me and it never did. I so glad for you though, you know what is up and can move on it. Mine no one really seems to know...

*Hugs* I wish I could do more to help you.
I need a new image holder...lol

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Y'all are gonna give Path a big head. xD I'll keep that in mind, though, and she really has been chewing him a new one. 'Should it pass that the Lady doth burn anything I shall personally ensure that she begins with thy own hide! Playing upon her troubles in such a manner - hath thee no shame? Allow me to instruct thee!' ... And on and on and on... XD

Thanks though, and that is a good point actually. After that initial visit (and then a follow up for blood work, probably *shudder*) I won't have to deal with the whole needle thing for a bit.

I think you're right about them being vampires though, and that might be the reason I always favored werewolves. ;) I've been simply terrified of needles my entire life, to the point that the last time I remember a visit which required a shot I literally ran across the room crying. >_<

Ohh, that gives me an idea... *scurries*

SunBlind
Leader
Leader

Post by SunBlind »

I guess having been a vampire fan ever since my cousin and I read Dracula aloud to each other whenever we'd get together (we live 6 hours apart so only visited at most twice a year...took a long time to finish the book) I don't mind needles that much. Mind you, I don't jump for joy when I get a blood test and I'm certainly tense, but I'm usually. Having had a breast biopsy I'm sort of more ok with simple blood tests knowing there are worse places a needle could go 0.0;

I understand an ulcer is not actually caused by stress (could be made worse presumably) but it's actually bacterial or something, hence why you can pop some pills to fix it. My dad gets a fair amount of reflux but not nearly twice a week.

Hope you're able to get properly diagnosed, and you never know, it might not even be what you think it is. I've tried self diagnosis my symptoms through the internet and have found myself dying of all kinds of strange diseases (my coworker drove herself crazy thinking she was going to have weird hearing problems for the rest of her life only to find out she just had an ear infection)

*hugs*