Still Alive!!

Any non-Serian (visitor) is welcome here! Mainly for the Serians' Bonded to get together and chat about random topics, but there really are no rules besides being courteous ^_^

Moderator: Tigress

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Re: Still Alive!!

Post by Vineda »

Awww i'm so sorry to hear about the last litter Talia :( that's a lot of work, huge kudos to you for taking good care of some lucky babies and finding them good homes!

Tigress
Mod
Mod

Post by Tigress »

Geeze, what a considerate company he worked for- not lol. I'm sure you can rebuild quickly since this brainchild of yours has been building for years, I think you know the storyline and character basics off by heart by now XD.

I noticed about the cats!! I think it's an adorable and fun idea :). What happened to the litter you lost, if you don't mind me asking? I gathered they were incurably ill, but did the vet tell you what they all had?
It's hard I know, but with strays you just never know what's going on before they even come home, you shouldn't blame yourself for even one second!

Keira
Elder
Elder

Post by Keira »

Ok so after sticking my head in the sand for the last month I guess I'll peek out and update. Work has been hell, plain and simple, lots more hours than I was expecting with way more stress. Morning sickness has been brutal this go around and not only have I been throwing up constantly from it but in doing so I ripped open a recently healed ulcer so now after I throw up I'll dry heave for a bit then throw up blood. I think that stuff is finally starting to get under control but now my son has gotten me sick and i'm pretty sure I have a sinus infection :P but ya.... 3 weeks ago on July 9 my father passed away. Long story short he has been sick the last 5 years but we thought he had a few more years left so when he started going down hill it only took a little over a month. I was very lucky and got to say goodbye before he slipped completely in to dementia and my mom said the few days we were there he had more lucid moments than she had seen in weeks. We had gotten very close the last 5 years and saying good bye was hard on both of us. I have been struggling with it and actually have been dreaming him about him every night since....

Ok, someone can change the subject now...

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Well, here's a subject change - I think it's epic that even with life stuff and all of our various required disappearing acts, we still manage to keep in touch. And I think you'll keep dreamin of him til you can let him go - have it not hurt, that is.

And, Tal, I was wondering! I think I said once that while waiting for things to pick up there again I wanted to go all nostalgic and read over things again, but that it was gone. The garden thread, too - I loved that bit!

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

Awww i'm so sorry to hear of the health struggles and the loss hun. It's a blessing sometimes, that extra time, but can be hard on you til grief eases. I sure hope you feel better soonly! Maybe you're getting all the sickies out of the way at once and won't have any more, ever! Hang in there.. :)

Rereading is fun! And sometimes funny xD get to look back at different things and chuckle... Hooray for nostalgia!

Talia
Elder
Elder

Post by Talia »

Sorry for taking forever- Ryan's uncle passed away, I quit fostering for the group I'm currently fostering for (lol- how ironic)... it's been a lovely couple o' weeks. We're off to Montreal for the funeral. We're leaving at 6am. Ugh.

You're right Tigs- it won't take too long, once I actually sit down and do it! lol. It's just finding the time that's the issue. And thanks guys. It was terrible. I've never lost a cat, so giving the orders to euthanize 3 kittens, after having one die on me on the way to the vet, just about did me in. And then the rest just faded so quickly, along with mom. There was speculation that it was panleukopenia (distemper) but the vet doubted it, and it was discounted. They thought it was a wicked bacteria infection that mom kept reintroducing through her milk. They also thought mom had mastitis on top of all of it, which just complicated things further. Her 5 kittens were not the healthiest to begin with, and then we took in 3 orphans that needed a nursing mom that were in terrible shape. We nursed them back to health, and then they were all gaining weight, but all of a sudden they rapidly deteriorated. I have kittens now and they're all fine, and my cats are in perfect health. It's a good thing I quarantine all my strays! The hubby and I worked it out the other night, and over the past year and a half, we've taken in approximately 65 cats and adopted them out through this one organization. It's a ton of fun, very rewarding, and I get to see cute fuzzy things every day... although they're messy as hell sometimes.

So sorry to hear about everything going on with you Keira. That's absolutely brutal. I get the health bit- I'm struggling with doctors. They found what they think is an abscess in my pelvis but no one's moving on it. I was also diagnosed with fibromyalgia as well. Personally I'm more concerned about the abscess, but here in Canada, doctors move at a glacial pace. I'm sure your father appreciated having you by his side *hugs*

And I completely agree with you Song- I miss it terribly! There were a bunch of good threads going on there. We'll just have to reproduce them ;)