Contact

Any non-Serian (visitor) is welcome here! Mainly for the Serians' Bonded to get together and chat about random topics, but there really are no rules besides being courteous ^_^

Moderator: Tigress

Foxxfyre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Contact

Post by Foxxfyre »

I've tried it in numerous browsers as well (Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Opera) and do keep seeing the prompt... but I don't have Flash installed on my computer because Chrome comes with it built in, so if Adobe just recently updated their version and Chrome is taking a bit of time to integrate it then that would possibly explain it?

Either way, the link to the download seems legit because it goes to adobe.com which is the company that makes Flash. I think maybe we should wait a month or so and see if we still get that "update Flash" warning, because by then at least Chrome should be able to view it. But if you get ahold of Kyra before then, you may want to mention that Flash'd end of life has been announced, so she might want to switch to another non-Flash format if she gets a chance.
Sa souvreya niende misain ye... I am lost in my own mind.

Tigress
Mod
Mod

Post by Tigress »

-totally forgot Flash is being phased out by 2020- god that makes me feel old. I was using the internet when Flash was born and with luck I'll be there when it ends. In that case I'd definitely advise flash site users to get a headstart on getting away from that before something implodes >_>.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

I had no idea it was ending - that makes me so sad, I love my site and put so much work into it! :cry:
Last edited by Songhue on Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

I had no idea either O.o is there a method to the madness?

Foxxfyre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Foxxfyre »

Yep, basically HTML5 can do it all (and more) now faster and more consistently and most browsers are all implementing most HTML5 correctly, so there's no need to have a separate plugin like Flash because it just introduces additional vulnerabilities (from people being too lazy to update it every time) and has comparatively poor performance.

It's still sad for me as well though, because I have a lot of memories with it, especially back when it was Macromedia Flash and not Adobe ^^
Sa souvreya niende misain ye... I am lost in my own mind.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Does anyone know how to get ahold of Kyra? >_> It's unusual for her to disappear while there's activity so that worries me, and I don't think she's seen the new policy with paging rules.