Hair Dye, Die Hair

Any non-Serian (visitor) is welcome here! Mainly for the Serians' Bonded to get together and chat about random topics, but there really are no rules besides being courteous ^_^

Moderator: Tigress

Indigo Moon
Regular
Regular

Hair Dye, Die Hair

Post by Indigo Moon »

So...

My name is Eve and I'm hair-dye-aholic.

Joking aside, my hair is bothering me. Currently it's blue with black underneath, but my roots are coming in (it's been 2 and a half months since I last bleached it) and the blue doesn't take well to the brown. So, I have a couple of options:

1. Totally kill my hair by bleaching the top again and redo the blue and a little black underneath. (Unwanted because I'm getting bored of the blue - just a little, but soon to be a lot - and bxc my hair's dead as it is.)

2. Do the roots black, so it looks a bit more natural. (Unwanted bxc I don't know how long I'm keeping this color.)

3. Go to my hairdresser, have her bleach the whole thing, and dye it the natural color to give it some time to recover. (Unwanted bxc I like having colorful hair...)

4. Dye it another color, which may or may not include bleaching. (Unwanted bxc I'll miss my blue, and it'll prolly be a wreak when it first gets done.)

So I'm considering my options. But I was wondering if you guys had any ideas of what color(s) and/or patterns to do on my head, bxc I'm fresh out.
And when all the world came back,
And the light crept up between the shutters,
And you heard the sparrows in the gutters,
You had such a vision of the street
As the street hardly understands.
- T.S. Eliot

Evil is plotting your death. Cold is not caring you died.

Keira
Elder
Elder

Re: Hair Dye, Die Hair

Post by Keira »

I'm going through something simillar though not quite as extreme, my natural hair color is blonde but I dye it dark reddish brown (I look absolutly horrible as a blonde) but I had to cut almost a foot of hair off about a month ago because it was so dead, though I found out that it was not only because of the dye but my hair strands are so thick I wasnt leaving my conditioner on long enough, go figure, So now it is up to the tops of my shoulders. I was debating whether or not to dye it back blonde so it could heal but Instead I dyed it the reddish brown again and now use a deep conditioning repair mask once a week. I dont know if that is something you want to try or not, it has been working really well for me though, also, what kind of shampoo and conditioner do you use? Some shampoo's and conditioner's can be just like using perm solution to wash your hair.

Indigo Moon
Regular
Regular

Post by Indigo Moon »

I use John Freida's Weather Works, which actually really helps to control my massively puffy hair. I also use leave-in conditioner - Paul Mitchell's - oil from L'oreal Paris, and sometimes wax. So it's not my products, I just have been dying it for a couple of years...
And when all the world came back,
And the light crept up between the shutters,
And you heard the sparrows in the gutters,
You had such a vision of the street
As the street hardly understands.
- T.S. Eliot

Evil is plotting your death. Cold is not caring you died.

Keira
Elder
Elder

Post by Keira »

I see. So I have no idea then, about the only other thing I could think of is instead of just leave in conditioner you could try getting a deep conditioning mask that you wash out but leave it in for like 15 or 20 min once or twice a week, thats what I have to do.