The End Battle

For non-Serian roleplaying (Persona RP and Fanfiction)
The mists around the mountains clear to reveal in their center a ring of stones, an easy landmark for travelers to gather.

Moderator: Tigress

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

i'd wanted to for awhile but i forgot to pm you...so rude, sorry :stress: :stress: :stress: :stress:

the plan was all laid out, it was something that was both simple and complicated, but Nico called her back to him. "I want you to use your gift. this is important so listen well. the korech can't interrupt us until we need them, and trust me we will. you have to luliby them."

"but the risk...if they surprise me or i make just the one mistake..."

"i'm sure you can do it. think of what your name means. you are the blessed one, the bless'd one in the old tongue. and this is what you've trained yourself for."

nervous and trembling Sekyra nodded and told the others that she had an "errand." that was all she said and if she died then they would think that it was an ambush. she did not live for glory and didn't want any in death. just peace. now she would see if that was to come to her.
[/i]
Last edited by Songhue on Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

"wait a minute, wait a minute here, what is the luliby? i've never heard of that before."

the five friends looked around, surprised out of their memories by the phoenix lord's interruption. smiling, sekyra sang the first two verses for him so he'd only get drowsy.

"hush now my child, all is well;
just listen close, hear the sound of bells.
it's the wind in the whisp'ring tress.
look see the dew on thier precious leaves.

all around you is peace dear child.
use your hear, listen to the wild.
feel the life trembling oh, so near.
let it sooth you, sleep is here..."

"it is the ancient words spoken from the first mother," Nico murmured once everyone had shaken themselves back from a doze. "it will put even the worst frightened young one to sleep and anyone else as well. they sleep naturally until they're awakened. this way, the little one can't wake up in mid-nap and be tired all day."

"all females know it," Sekyra went on, "but not everyone know what it is they hum. i know because my mother--my mother told me. and i've remembered this whole time because of the life force. the luliby is a part of it because it is pure and incapable of deciet."

Groshaan pondered on this for a minute and then asked what happened when she reached the Korech. "you took quit awhile. i was starting to worry by the time you got back."

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Sekyra took a deep steadying breath as she drew near the lair of the beasts. this was, indeed, what she had trained herself for all these years but somehow anything other than the thought of full battle made her nervous. she had skills to rival even the great Nico, and she didn't say this mockingly either. and while her mind was almost as sharp she had a great deal more doubt when it came to her trickery. being overly honest was a part of who she was, it always had been. but now she had to fool the korech, take them off guard and....well sing.

she paused before entering and then jumped out with a flourish to be sure she had each one's eyes on her. her heart was pounding as it woulnd never pound on the battle field. there if she were to die or be captured it would be expected. she had always expected to die there but she never had. not yet. here...she would not die. she would be eaten alive and the first thing to go would be her vocal cords to ensire a silent meal.

but she didn't die. the creatures that vaugely resembled giant earth lizards but had teeth that were filed froze for the moment she needed to force air out of her lungs and sing in her soft, quivering voice. as they started to drowz she backed away and--snap--she felt a rock slide out from under her hoof and into a large crevice she hadn't seen. at the bottom were the bones of past prey. that was what the snap was.

after much manuvering from the air and a few reckless dives she managed to get beyond teh creatures. she had to sing the song three times before they calmed enought to listen and then twice more for it to take a full effect. after that she landed and ran about a league before collapsing in a fit of shudders. she had everything to live for now but she had almost died to sing a song.

Keira
Elder
Elder

Post by Keira »

:stress: *covers mouth to keep from screaming* ummm excuse me you cant leave me hanging there... what happens :out:

P.S. you gotta tell us the whole song, it's really pretty.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

okay, here's the whole thing

hush now my child, all is well;
just listen close, hear the sound of bells.
it's the wind in the whisp'ring trees.
look see the dew on their precious leaves.

all around you is peace dear child.
use your heart, listen to the wild.
feel the life trembling oh so near.
let is sooth you, sleep is here.

i lay you down on this bead of moss.
my life is yours now no matter the cost.
the breeze will blanket, and warm your skin.
and i'll be here when you wake again.

so cast your dreams to the starry night.
and know i love you with all my might.
dearest child hear my luliby.
and rest your head as the soft moon sighs.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

"but when you cam eback you were cool as ice."

Groshaan was astounded. he'd never thought his mate to be one to have a fit of shivers. and the risk she took....she didn't even know at the time....oh dear sweet lord, he'd come so close to loosing her and he hadn't even realized it!

"it took me a minute," Sekyra murmured. "but i finally realized that if i wasn't needed then i would have been made to stay behind. and the things that were riding on this....you could've been hurt, or we could loose and then everything would perish. or you could've gotten trapped in the fight, left behind for the--" she paused here to shudder and Groshaan places his hand on her arm. it was alright.

"anyway," she added, forcing her back straight, "i couldn't break down. i didn't have time and i didn't allow myself to."

"but in the fight," Gorth intoned, "in the fight why did we...we could've just waited and--and done that--that thing--"

Sekyra touched him in turn. his voice was dull and colorless from the shock of battle and to another he would have a valid point, a fact that was proven when the pheonix lord asked what that something was. but they didn't know everything that had happend on that world of death.