Almost Like Velvet (For Id)

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

"Yes. She is a close friend of mine..." She didn't respond to his other comment, casting her gaze to her hooves, inspecting them.

"Like I said, not my problem."

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

He shook his head. "Quite."

He let the moments tick by in silence, save the rush of winds and surf brushing against him like a lover's touch. For awhile, he might let himself believe he was happy.

"So, that is all that has been bothering you?"

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

"Duh." She stated this flatly, rolling her eyes. "But it's pretty stupid." She turned to the left, gazing down the beach. Watching the tide slip in and out.

"But my friend.... She's what some might call bittersweet."

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

"Bittersweet..."

He sighed, letting his head drop, his nose gently brushing the glassy surface of the water. "We are all bittersweet in our own ways, some are just more bitter than most."

A vague image flashed in his mind, one that he banished almost instantly. "I...I knew someone like that once. Maybe it is her that I see in you..."

He opened one eye to glance at her, standing on the beach, and that phantom image flickered over her. He shook his head again. "But, you are the now and she is the past. She is part of the thing that makes us all bitter in the end."

(I'm writing Id's backstory, so it's creeping into his personality ^^())

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

"Really...? You see someone in me... Tell me... What was her name?" She flicked back an ear, gazing at him curiously. Her red eyes flashed her worry, wondering if he was sad or not... But it was only shown for a split second. Next thing, her eyes were stone cold, settled on the grey stallion.

She moved back into the water, but only far enouph in that it just reached up to her fetlocks, washing over her hooves. "Someone told me something once... It went like this.. 'They call kids like us viscious and carved out of stone'. I have a feeling that applies to some of the Serians around here."

Ooc| Well from what he's saying, it sounds interesting ^_^

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

Her name...what was her name? He knew. It was no use playing those games with himself. Unlike most of the Abandoned, he had his memories, bitter as they were. He knew his blood-spattered past, and there was no use trying to forget. It was an insult, to them.

"...Tiamantra," he said shortly, the name sounding foreign on his tongue.

He shook his head. "Deeper than you might know. Vicious was only the beginning, and it is so very easy to turn your heart to stone. It is easier that way."

He wouldn't burden her with his memories. Not when he had come so far to hide them.