Two Hearts Meeting

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Sparkel was surprised that she'd come after him. he'd expected to run and chase and move until he'd managed to forget again. it was his fail-safe. he wouldn't allow any thought until he was too tired to think. it was all he had really.

"i just...thank you. that doesn't even come close to saying what i feel, but thank you." he stopped, sighed, shuddered, and finally forced himself to face what it was he was always running from. he tried to fight back tears at first but then decided that he could trust her with even this. she was turning out to be his best friend.

"i don't know what happened is all. i don't -- it could've --" his voice faltered and cracked and a single sob tore from his throat before he managed to go on. it was hard for him not to run, to just run and forget. "it could've been my fault. i don't know why i was left, i don't know what i could've done, but i can...it can happen again. i could wind up back in that place and it could be my fault and i probably won't remember again so i'll just keep making the same mistake over and over again and......and....."

ashamed, he turned away from Mist, knowing that she had her own ghosts to deal with. he shook his head, sending his tears flying, and backed away, trying to hide in a thicket. whether it was from his memories or the shame of them he didn't know. he just didn't want to upset Mist with his burden.

"i'd just do it again.......just keep doing it again and again and again......"

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

She shrugged her slender shoulders lightly. Before she might've panicked and run, but...

The moonlight was calming to her. It let her think, and she felt as if she were stepping out of a cocoon she wore during the daylight.

"Heart of hearts," she said simply, giving him a soft nudge. "You told me before, that. What you feel, in there, is what counts. But, I don't know how you feel there, I don't know anything except that you can't worry about things that are in the past, unless you can change time. And the future...it will come when it comes, and we will deal with it then..."

She felt as if she were talking to herself, assuaging the fears that echoed in her own chest. She might be a hypocrite, but right now, she really didn't care if it mattered. She just couldn't watch him crying, it hurt, as it did with everyone. Hellion always told her she was to empathic for her own good...

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Sparkle took a deep breath. he was still trying to run from his fear, still trying to hide from it, and he knew he couldn't do that. not if he was to help Mist. and she was right. he was afraid that it had been his fault but there was no proof. and deep down, in his very heart of hearts, he did believe that he was too bubbly to do anything so wrong as to be abandoned.

he hiccuped a few times then stepped forward with a slight shudder. what was past was past. and it was like he'd told her before. all you can ever do is live the best life you can, no matter how many there are. he would be there for her....but would she be there for him?

"that helps," he murmured, and tried to hide his face. he felt that he had to be strong for her, that they had to be strong for each other to really get through this. "thanks Mist. that really helps alot. you're right. but do you think....could it have been my fault?"

sighing, Sparkle tossed his main and looked back the way they came. if she said no then he'd put it out of his mind and never think of it again. if not then he would continue to wonder.

"you like the moonlight. we're in a patch right now because of the break in the trees but if you want we could go back. or i could walk you home. i know you must be getting tired of me by now."

he paused and looked at her, noticing the way the moonbeams danced on her coat and felt as if he were falling for her all over again. but he couldn't he wouldn't let himself. Sparkle would feel grateful to her for the help, for finally making him stop running, and that would be all. and if she knew the things to tell him, the truths needed to heal, then maybe in her heart of hearts she was healing as well. it wouldn't be long before she chose her mate, if she wanted one at all. and he would move on, the same way he was getting over his past now. she might even help him with it if he didn't tell her the true depth of his longing. so it really all came down to her.

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

She gave him a smile. "I don't know all the details, but I don't think you'd try to hurt anyone on purpose."

She was glad to see he had calmed down. It made things easier for her, to see him in control. Now she knew how Hellion felt around.

"You're not tiring me at all," she grinned, her voice taking back its original cheer. "I've enjoyed talking to you, but it is getting late, and they might worry for me. You can walk with me, if you'd like to."

She gave him a shy smile, and started off in the direction of her home.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Mist surprised him again with her smile, something he'd always found disarming. Sparkle was glad she trusted that he wouldn't try to hurt anyone and with a sigh much like a breeze he put the whole thing out of his head. he felt close to her at that moment and he couldn't help but nuzzle her neck before he realized what he'd done and pulled away. he didn't want to make her uncomfortable.

smiling in return he followed her and then trotted beside her, taking in the sights of her way home. he was glad he had this chance to walk with her awhile longer.

"i liked talking to you too," he mumbled. "and thanks."

it was really getting late, so late that it was that time of night where you had to mumble. Songhue would be worried about him but he knew that she wouldn't make a fuss; the wind sprite always tried not to intrude. and he wanted to make sure that Mist got home allright. content if nothing else he walked as far as he could with her and then stopped at the edge of her home land, grinning a goodbye and glad to see the spark in her eye that meant she was happy.

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

Mist smiled as she came in sight of the cave where she and Cedar made thier reclusive abode. Her heart warmed a little when she saw the flickering glow that danced faintly in the craggy depths. He had waited up for her...

She gave Sparkle a nip on the mane, giving him another soft smile. "Thank you, for everything. Remember that I'm always here if you need anyone to talk with."

She turned to the entrance of the cave, then flashed him another grin before disappearing into the shadows.