The Summer Solstice Gathering

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Indi
Leader
Leader

The Summer Solstice Gathering

Post by Indi »

A young stallion stood on a hill, gazing at the meadow below. Overall, he liked his appearance, but you know, sometimes the pink mane jib got a bit boring.

He smiled to himself. His sister had grown into a fine young mare. He wondered what lucky stallion - or stallions - would be in her circle.

Then his thoughts turned to Spirit. How would she look? Different? Radiant? Who knows. His childhood friend could become anything she wanted to. But frankly, he adored that little fluffy tail. His had been too long for him.

And so, the stallion waited. Just waited. To see if anyone, new or old, would come past just to say hello, or how fine he looked, or to chat. So he looked, and looked, and waited.
That's the thing about black and white: mix them together and you get gray. And no matter how much white you put back in, it'll still always be gray.
- Lilah

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v185/ ... banner.bmp

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

(( :) hi indi :) ))

a brightly colored stallion was trying to race the wind when he pulled short. he saw a stranger in the distance that looked slightly familiar to him though he couldn't imagine why. the stallion was rather handsom, strong and sure looking; the kind of serian that often found him wearing.

looking up as the wind curled around his hooves he gazed back to where he'd come thinking that he might not want to bother this one. but he did look achingly familiar....

"hey there! were you looking for someone?"

there you go again, he thought,always saying something before you think. well the damage's been done now, might as well go see who it is.

tossing his golden main the stallion trotted to where the other stood and waited, grinning as the breeze dissapeared in the sunlight and hoping for a peacfull encounter.
Last edited by Songhue on Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Indi
Leader
Leader

Post by Indi »

The younger stallie squinted. It couldn't be. And yet it was. "Sparkle?" he asked quietly, the wind carrying his words away. "Is that you?"
That's the thing about black and white: mix them together and you get gray. And no matter how much white you put back in, it'll still always be gray.
- Lilah

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

startled at the mention of his name Sparkle looked closer and finally recognized the stallion. it was Stice!

"hey! it's been a long time. what've you been up to?"

he felt better now, He'd always had a great respect for Stice and now here he was. even as a foal he'd shown his strength. surpressing a laugh of sheer joy he cantered the rest of the way and stopped at his friend's side.

Indi
Leader
Leader

Post by Indi »

"Nothing much. Just looking." He flexed his muscles. "Now, these are so much better then that baby fat."

He looked at him. "How's your relationship with Mist?" He knew Sparkle hadn't told him that, but he was curious. Maybe it would give him some pointers on how to start his own circle. He would've joined his sister's, but it wasn't allowed. Besides, he couldn't let her have all the dominance.
- Lilah

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Sparkle grinned at the 'just looking' comment and then tried to shrug off the Mist question.

"it's good i guess. she's not interested in me and i'm always gunna be stuck on her but we're friends."

then he seemed to perk up a bit, moving from a him and Mist topic to just her, a small light in his eye. "she likes the moonlight. and she doesn't like water but she likes to laugh and has a wonderful one when she does. she's a little confused but i think she'll be okay; it's a lot to come to terms with."

shrugging he looked at Stice, the other stallion, and wondered if he sounded pathetic. "she seems to like me though. not like i'd like her to but she does like me so there may be hope. at least that's what i keep telling myself. she likes that i'm sympathetic; i can sort of understand. how about you? got your eye on anyone in particular?"

he paused and thought for a moment before adding "i heard your sister's starting a circle. it has a nice name, and she's really supposed to look good too. she could hook up with anyone. if she wanted."

Sparkle shook his head and looked at Stice again. he really had changed and for the better it seemed. now he could really look like he was, strong and not someone to mess with; very impressive. still he couldn't help but wonder how he found out about Mist. he didn't want to be too obvious; he had never liked to talk about himself, it made him uncomfortable. there was just too much past for him to be comfortable with.